Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't seen him play. All I know is ST'ers are super excited about a guy averaging 5.6 ppg and shooting 40 FG.
    Watch the actual game then cause he's been a lot better than his raw numbers indicate.. He's been about as good as a rookie can be with so many guys in front of him, no Summer League and a truncated training camp/preseason.

He's everything folks wanted in Matisse Thybulle but younger (20 compared to 24) & with more offensive upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch the actual game then cause he's been a lot better than his raw numbers indicate.. He's been about as good as a rookie can be with so many guys in front of him, no Summer League and a truncated training camp/preseason.

He's everything folks wanted in Matisse Thybulle but younger (20 compared to 24) & with more offensive upside.
    Pay no attention to him. Just a little attention trying to stir things up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, just give him all of Lyles's minutes, tbh.

He goes top 5 if there’s a tournament, easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FSU players are super intriguing right now. Leonard Hamilton is turning out multi-dimensional, position-less players that have a a lot of promise. Scottie Barnes is fantastic for them right now, with so many tools, would be absolutely perfect in our 4 slot. Too bad he'll go too high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when sniffers said tanking last year wasn’t smart cause they wouldn’t find good talent anyways with a high pick. Vassell has been nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when sniffers said tanking last year wasn’t smart cause they wouldn’t find good talent anyways with a high pick. Vassell has been nice.
    Which is contradictory if sniffers believe that the PATFO have a great eye in evaluating players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After Lamelo and Wiseman, you can argue Vassell is in that next group of guys and would have gone top 5 as some have mentioned with a tournament under his belt.

The Spurs could have gotten a high lottery on a late lottery contract. It’s a meaningful difference to the Spurs’ benefit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We didn’t tank last year. We were in the playoff hunt until game 7 of the 8 game Bubble ended, and busted ass the whole time. You just destroyed your own tanking argument by showing that we could get top talent without doing so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We didn’t tank last year. We were in the playoff hunt until game 7 of the 8 game Bubble ended, and busted ass the whole time. You just destroyed your own tanking argument by showing that we could get top talent without doing so.
    They may not have intentionally tanked, but they played like a lottery team all of last season. And they still ended up in the lottery. What are you smoking?

Also my original point was talking about posters who said the Spurs wouldn't find talent in the lottery because it was a weak draft so getting swept by the Lakers in the first round was more ideal for some people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They may not have intentionally tanked, but they played like a lottery team all of last season. And they still ended up in the lottery. What are you smoking?

Also my original point was talking about posters who said the Spurs wouldn't find talent in the lottery because it was a weak draft so getting swept by the Lakers in the first round was more ideal for some people.
    Tanking is intentionally losing to improve draft position. What are you smoking? Lottery=/=tanking. If DJ doesn’t make 1 stupid play at the end of the first bubble loss, we’re in the play-in game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither one of y’all are wrong lol should the spurs have tanked last season? Yeah, but with the roster they had with so many vets they were never going to do so... it was we either try to make the playoffs or we settle with a mid lottery pick, luckily it looks like we got a hit with Vassell

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pay no attention to him. Just a little attention trying to stir things up.
    GFY

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He goes top 5 if there’s a tournament, easily.
    Don't know enough to support or refute this. But it does appear that people are correct in saying it's a weak draft class, so maybe.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were right. And if the Spurs don't take him @ 11 he appears to go at past 15. Spurs could've got a high pick and traded DeRozan or something for a trade that includes a mid first.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He appears to be a solid rotation player. We'll have to see if he can be more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

kid needs to link up with Keldon’s dietician/ trainer. He’s still very skinny.

great personality though
    Last edited by Dejounte; 06-19-2021 at 05:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

kid needs to link up with Keldon’s dietician/ trainer. He’s still very skinny.

great personality though
    Think closer to DeJounte. Everyone can put on some muscle and bulk up. Everyone just can’t do it to the same extent. DJ was a twig when we drafted him, and now he has enough bulk to absorb contact, and get a good shot up at the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

click the right arrow.

i hope he works on his shot creation and handles. His pull up J is money. He could conceivably force White to the bench. He generates points easily with how pure his shot is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

click the right arrow.

i hope he works on his shot creation and handles. His pull up J is money. He could conceivably force White to the bench. He generates points easily with how pure his shot is.
    There's no way White should go to the bench. He's the only playmaker on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

click the right arrow.

He had a great 1st season, all things considered. I expect big things down the road from him. Season 2 will be a major step, I predict. He's getting used to the NBA life, all the adjustments, travel and physical demands.
    Devin obviously has a solid head on his shoulders and is going to put in the work. I think he can be a very effective player without adding much bulk. Later in his career or if he is matching up with SFs, then maybe sooner than later.
    Still, there is a place for skilled, heady wings in the league. Being really good at basketball can negate the need for excess bulk. I see him as that type. Pippenesque.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

click the right arrow.

"he generates points easily"

averaged 11.6 points per 36 on 40.6% shooting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don’t like Vassell that much to go through why I said this lmao. If you don’t think so— oh well

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t like Vassell that much to go through why I said this lmao. If you don’t think so— oh well
    I to agree his skill set will allow him in the future to generate points easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cant believe people are saying he had a "great" rookie season

im not calling him a bust but he was disappointing as a rookie, particularly on offense. and while he was solid on defense he wasn't exactly dominant on that end, at not enough to offset his poor offense

Thread Information