Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet, could still be helpful on this team in particular where we need someone to pass and score, so that the secondary players fit into a role that is appropriate.
    That’s not the player he described. Tony passed and scored, but only scored 20 ppg once, and never had a 28 USG%. That’s what we need, a game manager, not a ball dominator.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s not the player he described. Tony passed and scored, but only scored 20 ppg once, and never had a 28 USG%. That’s what we need, a game manager, not a ball dominator.
    Basically, we need a lead guard to be able to keep Keldon and Devin from dominating so much. It's a problem with the offense; this that has been well discussed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really hard to imagine a ball-dominant guard on the Spurs. We haven't had that since Gervin. As you say, Parker was there to stir the defense around and start forcing decisions from them, but it was a different thing than Young would do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With reference to Tony Parker vs Trae Young:

Tony Parker had two seasons with a 28+ USG%, in 2007-08 and 2008-09. Tony also had three seasons with an AST% of 40+, btw.

Some of the difference between Tony and Trae, in USG%, is attributable to free throw shooting. Tony’s high in number of FT attempts per game was 5, a number he had in three different seasons. Trae’s career average for FTA/gm is 7.7 and he’s currently at 8.0 for this season. Trae shoots more than 50% more free throws than Tony did.

Turnovers are another factor. During his long career, Tony only had one season of 3 turnovers per game, that was in 2005-06 when he had 3.1. Trae has been at, or over, 4 turnovers per game since his rookie season.

So, part of Trae’s high USG% is the outcome of either free throws, or a turnover, when he has the ball.

Beyond that, Trae led the league in total assists the last two seasons, and he is currently the leader in total assists this season as well. If you want assists, he’s your man.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i had to choose between

keldon
    tre
    vassell
    sochan

choosing as to which to trade away first?

Vassell -

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell stats for February:

22.5 PPG 4.3 RB 4.9 AST 0.8 STL 0.8 BLK 1.8 TOV

48.6 FG% 43% 3P%

scored double digits in every game

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s been playing great of late, and passing it better too. The writing is on the wall for Keldon tough, and I think he knows it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is the Spurs fanbase constantly putting players against each other for no ing reason?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ it’s clearly downstream of the “trade for Young” debate going on elsewhere. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that the Spurs only have 2-3 big contracts that would be needed to make that happen, so if that’s your preferred approach for team building it’s fair to ask the Keldon v Devin etc question. No need to the get off my lawn theatrics, lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop made sure Keldon got an Olympic medal and life changing money…I’d say kj will be ok! He needs to go now……

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his highs are high enough imo, but his lows are simply too low. his "off" game simply cant be 4-6 points. thats unacceptable for him, because we have seen him show the ability to get into the paint

Thread Information