Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop is a hof coach no doubt. however, i am starting to believe without tim's bball iq pop is just a cog that'll never get us back in or past the 1st rd of the playoffs. he's content with just running the same boring offense/defense yearly.

i'm over the pop should be coach for life stance.
    Agree. It was mostly all Tim. and some credit should go to Drob for helping a young Tim out and showing him what a good teammate and superstar at ude. I didn’t truly understand how much was Tim until he left but there were plenty of signs when looking back at...quite a bit of issues with pop started showing there head about a decade ago and just got worse as he got older...and then were exacerbated by Tim leaving and not being there to offset pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, no elite player is going to want to come to an organization that is in the midst of a rebuild with players and coaches
    Agree with the stars not wanting to come to SA. However, we aren’t in a rebuild imo and I don’t think pop wants to be in a rebuild. We’ll sign older players with that free cash. May even trade out younger players to get older players. I don’t at all believe pop truly thinks he’s rebuilding now and don’t think he’ll change his mind when DDR and LMAs contracts are up. If he did he would’ve already traded DDR, LMA, gay and mills

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. It was mostly all Tim. and some credit should go to Drob for helping a young Tim out and showing him what a good teammate and superstar at ude. I didn’t truly understand how much was Tim until he left but there were plenty of signs when looking back at...quite a bit of issues with pop started showing there head about a decade ago and just got worse as he got older...and then were exacerbated by Tim leaving and not being there to offset pop.
    I never thought Pop was amazing starting from day 1. Just look at how the Spurs offense for like 8 year was just dump the ball into Duncan in the post and get the out of the way. Not difficult to come up with that scheme. Even the defense schemes I thought was overrated. Not hard to have a great defense when you have Duncan/Robinson manning the paint and then later on Duncan/Bowen. Pop lucked out in having the ultimate cheat code in Duncan. He was free to make a lot of stupid mistakes but was still able to win due to Duncan's greatness.

He also lucked out that Duncan wasn't the typical superstar. The average superstar like Lebron could not be coached by Pop long term without getting him fired. Pop's yelling and stubbornness would get to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be very surprised if Bryn Forbes is back
    I’d be surprised if he isn’t. He could be useful coming off the bench to space the floor. Pop tried to get into his head that he is starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think we should leave out Manu and TP, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be surprised if he isn’t. He could be useful coming off the bench to space the floor. Pop tried to get into his head that he is starter.
    outta here with that stupid .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The psycho in me wants poop to sign Forbes up just to watch the ST world burn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are already crowded at the wings. Bringing back bryn would be career suicide for pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has close ties with Suns reporting.

John Gambadoro @Gambo987
    5h
    Bryn Forbes could be an interesting name for the Suns - He is a career 40% shooter from three. Spurs added Devin Vassell and Tre Jones in the draft so unlikely they bring him back. Forbes is only 27.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

John Gambadoro @Gambo987
    5h
    Bryn Forbes could be an interesting name for the Suns - He is a career 40% shooter from three. Spurs added Devin Vassell and Tre Jones in the draft so unlikely they bring him back. Forbes is only 27.
    Do it, Suns. Just do it!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

John Gambadoro @Gambo987
    5h
    Please, God. Deliver Bryn to Phoenix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is very kind of you hoping so concernedly for Bryn to find employment with another

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

John Gambadoro @Gambo987
    5h
    Make it happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

John Gambadoro @Gambo987
    5h
    Please....God.. Please

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see a sign and trade for at least a extra 2nd round pick. Celtics always have extra picks and could use shooting.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please no sign and trade. The other team would probly back out after he signed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    's looking good so far, boys.

Best move this off-season. Addition by subtraction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me be the first to say:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we sign Forbes ST will riot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes got kids!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That be some sign Forbes to 3 year deal then they back out and we are stuck with for 3 more years

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t wait for Pop to drop 50Mills on Forbes. The meltdown is gonna be some epic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's already made more money than what all of Spurstalk's members makes combined in a year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade lma/derozan for cap space problem solved

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I am Forbes, I sign with GS or LAL for whatever they are willing to pay.

Thread Information