Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://airalamo.com/2020/11/18/san-...g-offers-2020/

With these 3 guys given QO it seems like there is no roster space for Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In before Pop gives him a blank check and a handy as he re-signs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If u don't think Pop will sit Devin's ass down in the G League and start forbes for a whole new season right along with DeMar and Lamarcus, u haven't been watching... The fact that we have made no trades isn't surprising, but it's very disheartening... Once again they're outsmarting themselves... Tim Duncan really carried this franchise and made them seem way smarter than they really were

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two-way QOs aren't the same as those for regular players.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If u don't think Pop will sit Devin's ass down in the G League and start forbes for a whole new season right along with DeMar and Lamarcus, u haven't been watching... The fact that we have made no trades isn't surprising, but it's very disheartening... Once again they're outsmarting themselves... Tim Duncan really carried this franchise and made them seem way smarter than they really were
    I think they are old, tired, drunk on their success, and probably just drunk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't celebrate too early. It's still possible they offer him that 50 million dollar deal

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they are old, tired, drunk on their success, and probably just drunk.

You say that like it's a bad thing. In the immortal words of Dennis Hopper, "It's just too much pressure, man. Let's have a drink." (I don't know if Hopper ever said that, but he should have.)

I hope Vassell really is a guy who will go to the floor after loose balls. Better still, I hope he's a guy who will spit in Pop's eye and defend his teammates. Otherwise, he's just a Forbes upgrade - if he can knock down the 3 ball at the next level.

If the Spurs can win 50 games by being boring, I'm all for it. But just being boring is wearing a bit thin.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs tell him to look elsewhere in the beginning but I would get VERY worried if we go 3 days into free agency and he is not signed...Pop will absolutely bring him back and make some other player "prove" they are better than him to take his playing time...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You say that like it's a bad thing. In the immortal words of Dennis Hopper, "It's just too much pressure, man. Let's have a drink." (I don't know if Hopper ever said that, but he should have.)

I hope Vassell really is a guy who will go to the floor after loose balls. Better still, I hope he's a guy who will spit in Pop's eye and defend his teammates. Otherwise, he's just a Forbes upgrade - if he can knock down the 3 ball at the next level.

If the Spurs can win 50 games by being boring, I'm all for it. But just being boring is wearing a bit thin.
    This team will be very boring next year and will finish around .500. And the 2022 season will be an absolute disaster after we sign a bunch of horrible overpriced contracts and finish well under .500

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nothing wrong with drinking to excess. This night has led me to do the same. I'm not against the pick. I'm disappointed there were not trades to try and clarify the roster and the direction of the team. We all knew the trade talk and buzz was going to be a letdown, but it's still a letdown.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wont be missed. the coyote can replace him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://airalamo.com/2020/11/18/san-...g-offers-2020/

With these 3 guys given QO it seems like there is no roster space for Forbes.
    6 month pinking if it doesn't happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes, Marco, and possibly Mills will be gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two-way QOs aren't the same as those for regular players.
    Don’t think they’re two way offers. Eubanks’s can’t be, he used up his two years on the two way.

I was pretty sure he was gone when he didn’t play a minute in the bubble.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can now choke people out in defense; if you don’t hustle now you’ll be on the pine! Lots of cap space moving forward & flexibility.....San Antonio is now a proving ground!

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I actually believe they wait what happens with Poeltl. Its probably now their top priority besides potential Trades. But i have no doubt that forbes gets a multiyear overpaid contract for successfully ending the playoff streak as reward.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be very surprised if Bryn Forbes is back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t think they’re two way offers. Eubanks’s can’t be, he used up his two years on the two way.

I was pretty sure he was gone when he didn’t play a minute in the bubble.
    I could have sworn Drew was playing in the bubble, especially with Jakob having foul troubles at times.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will pay Bryn 15 mill a year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could have sworn Drew was playing in the bubble, especially with Jakob having foul troubles at times.
    Eubanks did play in the bubble, which was last season, and on the second year of his two way contract. Even if he wanted to, he can’t sign another one with us. His QO must be an NBA contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks did play in the bubble, which was last season, and on the second year of his two way contract. Even if he wanted to, he can’t sign another one with us. His QO must be an NBA contract.
    The Spurs did offer Eubanks another QO yesterday.

https://projectspurs.com/2020/11/18/...-weatherspoon/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weatherspoon's unambiguously is. That doesn't mean they won't sign him to a contract instead, but his QO guarantee is only $50k, and that IF he signs it. And if he does sign it, it would be a two-way deal.

Eubanks' deal is indeed a one-year real contract, but it's about $80k guaranteed. If he signs, it, he'd be on the roster.

My point wasn't so much that they could not be on the big club or whatever. It was that the Spurs could easily cut them due to their low guarantees. If PATFO for some effing reason thought Bryn was worth another contract, eating less than $100k wouldn't stop them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop is a hof coach no doubt. however, i am starting to believe without tim's bball iq pop is just a cog that'll never get us back in or past the 1st rd of the playoffs. he's content with just running the same boring offense/defense yearly.

i'm over the pop should be coach for life stance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team will be very boring next year and will finish around .500. And the 2022 season will be an absolute disaster after we sign a bunch of horrible overpriced contracts and finish well under .500
    Yea, we’re supposed to have all this money next summer right?? I’m not very confident that FA are gonna wanna come here. San Antonio isn’t a lot of other nba cities and then there’s playing for pop and his difficult system (I’m sure he’ll still be here). I just don’t see players lined up to come here and sign.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, no elite player is going to want to come to an organization that is in the midst of a rebuild with players and coaches

Thread Information