Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really understand this pick. I mean he was one of the best players available but our team doesn't really need more guards. Maybe they are going to make some trades
    Spurs now have a real PG. I think he's going to be a better pg than what Spurs currently have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except the frontcourt isn't "full"

They could buy Lyles out for 1 million. He's mediocre and the bubble proved him a non-factor. Just a charity case.

Samanic isn't a good player. There's nothing he does better than Lyles and Lyles can be gone easy.

Poeltl could be pryed away

Gay is on his way to breaking down and getting a buyout

Sure, the 41st pick doesn't really flip any of that on it's head

And at 11, while I like Poku, without Jalen Smith on the board it's hard to fault them going for a wing. Precious is small and raw at 21 years old, Stewart can't jump, Nnaji ... ehhh ...

Without aggresively trading up, the balls just didn't bounce their way to improve the frontcourt.

I loved Patrick Williams. He was long gone. Okongwu and Avdija, gone. Some people even liked Toppin for some reason, gone.

But not drafting big had less to do with the Fading/Expiring/Replacement bigs/sfs on the team and more to do with the players not being there on the board, that's all. None of these 1 year players were going to stop the Spurs from drafting big anymore than the multi-year presence of Keldon and Lonnie affected picking Vassell.

Lyles was non factor because he didn't play...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think people are sleeping on this pick a bit.
    Lots of folks on here immediately trashed the pick. "Another undersized guard..."

Thread Information