Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Beli and Forbes are closing games this season, you need to start watching Unsolved Mysteries for strange disappearances. I just might snap.
    That would mean they're both on the roster. I would snap before the ink is dry on the contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For being such a "safe" pick, Vassell has some sneaky upside -- which makes him more exciting than your typical 3-and-D prospect.
    One thing people may not be focusing on is how much sooner Vassell will likely see the floor with the big team than others they could have drafted. His game is much more NBA-ready.

That's the good news -- he can contribute right away if they let him.

The bad news (or maybe more good news) is that's going to put pressure on roster construction that much sooner than some other picks would.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Beli and Forbes are closing games this season, you need to start watching Unsolved Mysteries for strange disappearances. I just might snap.
    While I wouldn't say that Patty should never close games I would say he also needs to be on a quick hook when the other team is just relentlessly scoring over him. In a perfect world patty gets traded before the end of this upcoming season and Pop does the unthinkable and actually allows a rookie second round pick to just be our second unit point guard...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not so sure about that DEROZZ is still going to get 30+ minutes a game as this is his contract year so he needs to prove himself. Then you have Murray who we are paying a lot of money to he will get his minutes to improve and off courses Keldon will also be getting his minutes and oh don’t forget about Walker. Lol

I see him going the same way that Keldon did this past season if everything works out for him. I am OK with that just as long as we find out how good White, Murray, and Keldon are as we need to decide who we keeping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not so sure about that DEROZZ is still going to get 30+ minutes a game as this is his contract year so he needs to prove himself. Then you have Murray who we are paying a lot of money to he will get his minutes to improve and off courses Keldon will also be getting his minutes and oh don’t forget about Walker. Lol

I see him going the same way that Keldon did this past season if everything works out for him. I am OK with that just as long as we find out how good White, Murray, and Keldon are as we need to decide who we keeping.
    I don't believe just because Murray is getting paid a lot that he's guaranteed big minutes, in fact, I think it's the opposite-- he's being paid a lot so he can not whine about not having a lot of minutes. As sad as that is....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe just because Murray is getting paid a lot that he's guaranteed big minutes, in fact, I think it's the opposite-- he's being paid a lot so he can not whine about not having a lot of minutes. As sad as that is....
    You have to admit-- it's kinda funny that you've soured on this guy and now have to post criticisms of him while still using his name... it's the complete opposite of homerism!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white Walker Murray weatherspoon Jones are the guards. 5 guys for 4 spots. Not insane at all.
    What about Mills and Forbes? That's 7 guys for 4 spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I wouldn't say that Patty should never close games I would say he also needs to be on a quick hook when the other team is just relentlessly scoring over him. In a perfect world patty gets traded before the end of this upcoming season and Pop does the unthinkable and actually allows a rookie second round pick to just be our second unit point guard...
    Nah, expect to see more of this:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good work, Dex. Thanks

I think it was a B+ to A- draft for the Spurs. For being such a "safe" pick, Vassell has some sneaky upside -- which makes him more exciting than your typical 3-and-D prospect. If Jones isn't in the NBA in five years, I'd be pretty surprised. That alone makes him a solid second round pick.
    Curious, if all the guards meet their expectations, and you have to pick one to let go off who’d would it be?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, expect to see more of this:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jones is a bulldog ; i am excited about our perimeter defense potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell selection is A. It was only dampened by the rumor on LMA going to GS for #2 Wiseman and Wiggins. So I was expecting either Wiseman or CWJ becoming future Spurs' big. Otherwise, Vassell is a very solid pick. Danny Green 2.0 with way higher ceiling. And DG was an NBA All-Defensive team

Trey Jones, is very solid. But I was expecting an athletic big. Why Uduka went to 1st round, beats me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, the Pistons. Where players go to blossom . Jk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love defense. I love smothering defense, damn I miss Bruce. So if these two picks are the real deal on that end, A+ all day from me.

I do wish we could have traded LaSuckass Softridge and maybe a future 1st to GS for Wiseman......but it never happened.

Thread Information