Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes sense. Yes you lose some per-game revenue but you help player safety and you probably get to eliminate back to backs and "load management" games altogether this way. Barring injury you get the best players available for every single game. Quality over quan y, like the NFL, while keeping the mid October - mid June general time frame for the length of the season + playoffs. The top players don't want to play 82 games anymore. It's time for a change.

I'd even be in favor of bringing back the 66-game season from 2012 [to me, this is the best idea], just changed differently from that poorly designed year... i.e. each team should still play the home-and-aways out of conference games (total of 30), four games (two home-and-aways) against each division rival (total of 16) and the home-and-aways against each non-division in-conference opponent (total of 20) for a grand total of 66.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only because today’s players soft and run NBA - skeleton man is a figurehead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    82 game season in 5.5 months (roughly 165 day regular season, and those days include the all star weekend) is brutal imo. They lengthened it to around 179 days a few years back but still too many B2B's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MUh ErA

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make it 42. NBA sucks. Less is more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make it 42. NBA sucks. Less is more.
    42 doesn't really work...

46 does.

16 division games for each team (2 home and 2 away) = 16
    1 alternating home or away for remaining 10 teams in conference = 10
    1 alternating home or away for 15 outside of conference opponent = 15

= 41

Play a second game (home or away, whichever you weren't originally scheduled to play) against each corresponding team in each other division based on ranking in the division from the last year (like football does it, except using both conferences) = 5

that's 46

Roughly similar to the NFL in terms of proportion of division games to the rest of your games.

Also, need to make divisions relevant again. Regardless of record, division record should be guaranteed top 3 seed and at least one home court advantage series. It works in the NFL and people don't complain about it except y NOLA fans.

Thread Information