Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate being a meanie let’s just start with Phoenix, how many consecutive years have they been in the lottery? There are SOooooooooooooo many terrible decisions they’ve made just within the last five years�������� I appreciate your cute responses but you don’t have our type of success without attention to detail. The fact you’ve seen this franchise prosper for three decades but still spew foolishness ( look at the big picture ) is baffling. History can’t be ignored.....
    We had success and we were successful in the past but ...you need to stop living in the past we screwed the whole KY thing either by not getting out in front fast enough or not able to find away to get capital in a trade either way it falls on Spurs leadership for that. Then you add giving Bertans away for nothing and Morris leaving making us look like idiots, and then signing a player who never even touched the court - and now you add that we could not move LMA, Derozz, Mills, Gay for any future draft picks is kinda sad and Yeah that doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy that are front office knows what the they are doing TBH.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you add that we could not move LMA, Derozz, Mills, Gay for any future draft picks

Is free agency already over? I know they may not do anything, but we are literally only into the 2nd day of free agency and you're already bashing them over something you're assuming they're not going to do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nicolas Batum is now available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate being a meanie let’s just start with Phoenix, how many consecutive years have they been in the lottery? There are SOooooooooooooo many terrible decisions they’ve made just within the last five years�������� I appreciate your cute responses but you don’t have our type of success without attention to detail. The fact you’ve seen this franchise prosper for three decades but still spew foolishness ( look at the big picture ) is baffling. History can’t be ignored.....
    People can believe what they want. Quit being a damn sniffer, you’re probably the worst one on the site because you refuse to let people have their own non homer opinions without stepping on your high horse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum would have been great 10 years ago, so he’d be the perfect Spurs pickup. . RC tried so hard to pick him up and now is his chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure RC is at Soluna pounding Chispas and has checked out of this gig.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogdan is a great player but is that what the Spurs really need? A 28 y.o wing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs can't sign FAs, dumbass.
    yes they can, they have the MLE and the Bi-Annual exception dumbass. Just have to dump some salary to avoid the luxury tax

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogdan is a great player but is that what the Spurs really need? A 28 y.o wing?
    Just depends if you see them doing better in free agency. I for one have a hard time seeing them woo some max level free agent to come play here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks agree to disagree. This isn’t the 90s or he 2000s anymore. It’s 2020 and we have at least 6yrs of mismanagement now. And the current trend is not positive.

Army used to be the best program in college football 100yrs ago but that doesn’t make them the best college football program now. You are right that the FO used to be one of the best. But that’s not the discussion we are having now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is patfo going to get rid of ddr/lma/mills/gay...and maybe IG wanker

the spurs young core of players look equivalent to a dleague roster toros, if they aint winning games, at leasts entertain us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People can believe what they want. Quit being a damn sniffer, you’re probably the worst one on the site because you refuse to let people have their own non homer opinions without stepping on your high horse.
    This.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the freakout over the Spurs not going out and signing middling players. The thing to be pissed about is they couldn't convert Aldridge and DeRozan into picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing to be pissed about is they couldn't convert Aldridge and DeRozan into picks.
    This right here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes they can, they have the MLE and the Bi-Annual exception dumbass. Just have to dump some salary to avoid the luxury tax
    The MLE, lol. Okay bruh go dump that salary dumbass.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks agree to disagree. This isn’t the 90s or he 2000s anymore. It’s 2020 and we have at least 6yrs of mismanagement now. And the current trend is not positive.

Army used to be the best program in college football 100yrs ago but that doesn’t make them the best college football program now. You are right that the FO used to be one of the best. But that’s not the discussion we are having now.
    6 years? Disagree, the FO was doing a pretty good job until they ed up promising Gasol too much in 2017 when he opted out for the chance to sign CP3. RC should have offered him the $16 million he was due and another $16 million the next year with say only $7 million guaranteed in the case CP3 turns the Spurs down. That would have still been plenty of incentive for Gasol to opt out for the shot at CP3. So promising him 3 years, $48 million was complete lunacy. I can't blame them too much for the Leonard trade since as much as I would have loved to tell that got to just go sit out the season again and let him walk for nothing vs taking Toronto's crap back, they weren't going to do that and look spiteful to the rest of the league. I'm pissed they're not willing to dump Aldridge and DeRozan right now though. Makes no sense to keep either.

Still, they're pretty freaking solid in the draft. Kyle Anderson at 30. Murray and White at 29. Walker looks like he might develop into a starter at 18. Keldon Johnson looks not too bad for 29. Samancic at 19 who knows, too early to make a call. Milutinov at 26 was a waste, but otherwise their recent history in draft picks looks pretty good. Hardly a front office IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the freakout over the Spurs not going out and signing middling players. The thing to be pissed about is they couldn't convert Aldridge and DeRozan into picks.
    Yeah, to me this is the biggest letdown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta hope that Aldridge and Demar ball out this season so maybe a team will want them at the trade deadline, 2021 draft picks will be worth a lot more then this Past draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, picks in next years draft would be better. It’s projected to be a much stronger draft top-bottom.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just depends if you see them doing better in free agency. I for one have a hard time seeing them woo some max level free agent to come play here.
    Bogdan isn't doing anything but getting in Keldon's way...so it should be a hard no on him...

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rondo to ATL... does that mean Reddish, Hunter, Huerter now available?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade LMA to Boston, Boston sends Smart to Hawks, Hawks send Collins & Huerter to Spurs. Money is off, but if teams are under cap, is that a problem? Spurs could send conditional 2023 1st rounder. If they are paying Gallinari and Capella, they aren't going to pay Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogdan isn't doing anything but getting in Keldon's way...so it should be a hard no on him...
    Two vastly different players but alright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, just because they haven't doesn't mean they won't.
    But I savvy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

These are the kind of deals that make me nervous as a Spurs fan.
    Say we have moderate success relative to expectations, Spurs end up resigning vets to
    1 year deals next off-season...
    We are not the Denver Nuggets, we don’t have two top 10 by position players, we are not contenders in the west - Big difference but I’m not sure some in the FO see it that way

Thread Information