Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco playing for Manu's old team!
    Didn't they play there together for a season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge was supposed to preside over a multi-year dynasty with those Brooklyn picks and all he has is a hodgepodge team with a single pseudo-star in Tatum and barely anything else. And now Hayward is gone for nothing. I don't like Irving or Durant, but the Nets meanwhile are pretty loaded.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    enough said tbh. i'm firing him if i'm the celtics.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    ainge going after kyrie and hayward

that's jordan's job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't they play there together for a season?
    Beli played in one game during Manu's last year! Manu was 22 and Beli was 16. Pretty amazing.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...ogna/2002.html

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beli played in one game during Manu's last year! Manu was 22 and Beli was 16. Pretty amazing.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...ogna/2002.html
    Wow. It would be pretty baller if Manu suited up for one game with Virtus Bologna this season to complete the symmetry, but he doesn't seem the type for such a publicity stunt.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he wasn’t....JS. Him and weezeee or whatever he calls himself are clowns & attention s. BTW weeziey, what you got on that offer I sent you?
    What is the offer? I need some details. Probably doesn't matter. None of you broke scrubs will pay anyway

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is. And that means I can call you out on your bull . Dumbass.
    Lol. I've lived through this team team during the JR Reid era. I can talk as much as I want, you lame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. I've lived through this team team during the JR Reid era. I can talk as much as I want, you lame.
    That's sad that it makes you think that gives you any credibility, face.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the offer? I need some details. Probably doesn't matter. None of you broke scrubs will pay anyway
    Lol..... cute! Just read the offer above my guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, just jersey number. A jersey number 1/2/3/4/5 lineup could make some sense with the positions as White/Murray/Walker/Johnson/Poeltl from PG-C for example.

I used Nazr Mohammed as an example that a Spurs center can wear #2, even though it's an uncommon number for a big.
    Gotcha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude has played for over 8 teams now
    There is no way in he is gonna mesh with Embiid.. both are gonna want to be the funny guy. Can't see it working.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge was supposed to preside over a multi-year dynasty with those Brooklyn picks and all he has is a hodgepodge team with a single pseudo-star in Tatum and barely anything else. And now Hayward is gone for nothing. I don't like Irving or Durant, but the Nets meanwhile are pretty loaded.
    Sometimes I wonder what's the point of overloading on picks. It will be interesting to see if OKC ever gets a superstar with one of the million picks they have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes I wonder what's the point of overloading on picks. It will be interesting to see if OKC ever gets a superstar with one of the million picks they have.
    To be fair to Ainge he did use his picks to get “superstars” but they just sucked

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair to Ainge he did use his picks to get “superstars” but they just sucked
    What superstars did he get?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What superstars did he get?
    Kyrie and Hayward. Keep in mind I did use quotations
    I know they signed Hayward but that was only possible bc of all the cheap contracts he had on his team due to the picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie and Hayward. Keep in mind I did use quotations
    I know they signed Hayward but that was only possible bc of all the cheap contracts he had on his team due to the picks.
    Hayward is definitely not. Kyrie when healthy at best you can say he's top 10 and I would say at the bottom. With that being said he still lost Kyrie.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs get: mike conley and rudy gobert
    jazz get: demar, patty, lyles, 2021 1st round pick, 2022 2nd round pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We pay $10M in luxury tax to give away 2021 1st round pick, stun 2 of our most mature young players mins and also virtually no PF?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t think you have to include draft picks to get Gobert. You could do...

DDR/Murray/Mills/Lyles for Gobert/Conley

PG-White/Conley/Jones
    SG-Walker/Spoon
    SF-KJ/Vassell
    PF-LMA/Gay
    C-Gobert/Poetl

Young guys get more playing time. Keep draft picks. And would have $73M expiring after next season between Conley, LMA and Gay. I’m sure it would be somewhat enticing to the freak to potentially play along side Gobert. It’s a long shot but a better one.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t think you have to include draft picks to get Gobert. You could do...

DDR/Murray/Mills/Lyles for Gobert/Conley

PG-White/Conley/Jones
    SG-Walker/Spoon
    SF-KJ/Vassell
    PF-LMA/Gay
    C-Gobert/Poetl

Young guys get more playing time. Keep draft picks. And would have $73M expiring after next season between Conley, LMA and Gay. I’m sure it would be somewhat enticing to the freak to potentially play along side Gobert. It’s a long shot but a better one.
    I don't know, this seems like a downgrade for the Jazz. The Spurs would be getting the best player in the deal. The only sweetener in there is Murray because all the other players are on expiring deals. I could see it happening if the Jazz really want to move on from Gobert, but they might want LMA instead of DDR.

That might be for the best anyway. Gobert is basically a billionaire's Poeltl, and while it would be nice to get 48 minutes available out of that role, Poeltl clearly signed his contract with the expectation of eventually starting. The Spurs would probably need to deal him away at some point and might not get much back due to being motivated sellers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know, this seems like a downgrade for the Jazz. The Spurs would be getting the best player in the deal. The only sweetener in there is Murray because all the other players are on expiring deals. I could see it happening if the Jazz really want to move on from Gobert, but they might want LMA instead of DDR.

That might be for the best anyway. Gobert is basically a billionaire's Poeltl, and while it would be nice to get 48 minutes available out of that role, Poeltl clearly signed his contract with the expectation of eventually starting. The Spurs would probably need to deal him away at some point and might not get much back due to being motivated sellers.
    Yeah, a better structure for the deal would be Murray and Poeltl (and sweeteners) for Gobert. Then they could deal Aldridge in a separate trade to replenish their roster spots. If they can do that while avoiding taking back long-term money, they'd even be able to keep a max slot for next summer. If White breaks out and SA manages to sign a star forward, they could be looking at

White
    Vassell
    Johnson
    (Star forward)
    Gobert

Not even a little likely, but that's an interesting team, and I think it's more realistic to hope that wins a le than anything they'd do in the draft.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    That’s the tiest trade I have ever seen
    mike conley isn't dead.

I don't know, this seems like a downgrade for the Jazz.
    that's why i included picks.

Yeah, a better structure for the deal would be Murray and Poeltl (and sweeteners) for Gobert.
    poeltl was a part of my original idea but he can't be traded for a few months.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    conley and gobert both have one year left of their deals.

let la's last year be a good one. he'll thrive alongside gobert.

with conley and gobert you could then potentially trade murray, poeltl, eubanks for a 3&D.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

westbrook / white / tucker / la /gobert

Thread Information