Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really appreciate all the work you've been doing, TIMVP. It really makes being here a pleasure.

That's a great timeline for the league. But a timeline for the Spurs to make moves? While I'm sidelined with Olympus Virus, I'll check the weather report for . If it looks like there is a cold day ahead, I'll let you know.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Clarkson re-signs 4 years 52 million disgusting

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox's deal should caution people against trying to tank and build through the draft (though that's not what SAC did anyway). If you get anyone even half good, you're forced to max them out without even knowing if they're going to be good enough to take you anywhere. You can end up with two max deals and no cap space and still only get a mediocre team that have no chance at making the playoffs.

Some people get college degrees and wind up working at Radio Shack, too.

Some don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some people get college degrees and wind up working at Radio Shack, too.

Some don't.
    And if the people who worked at Radio Shack were the majority, it would say something.

Remember, Fox is actually a success story. This isn't a bust we're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, I've been told the clock on restricted free agents doesn't start ticking until Nov. 22 and that would mean Poeltl wouldn't get his offer until that day. Take that bit of info for what it's worth.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Favors goes back to Utah 3/30

(btw for anyone wondering since i'm too lazy to post every tweet, I'm only posting as I see Shams or Woj post them)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Favors goes back to Utah 3/30
    I would classify this as bad news on the Poeltl front

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Shams retracting on Howard, apparently considering all his options

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a free agent tracker for which ones are still available??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe New Orleans gets on the Poeltl train now that Favors left?

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Could make sense. Poeltl never said he wants to start, just to play more. Behind Zion he definitly would get more minutes, and as they need Defense and already have enough offense. Could make sense, but i dont see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, I've been told the clock on restricted free agents doesn't start ticking until Nov. 22 and that would mean Poeltl wouldn't get his offer until that day. Take that bit of info for what it's worth.
    Chinook, what's your opinion regarding the timing of when another team would present Poeltl with an offersheet? I'm debating whether to edit the OP but I'm not sure if it's right or a team would wait until the 22nd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NOLA has already Jaxson Hayes at the center spot. I think if they're gonna sign a center, it would be a cheap one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl had some pretty good games against Zion last year. If I'm the Pelicans, I start Zion at center ... but you never know, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is Detroit doing? Three centers added in a few hours. It's like the entire front office is playing beer pong together and using a Magic 8-Ball to decide on deals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is Detroit doing? Three centers added in a few hours. It's like the entire front office is playing beer pong together and using a Magic 8-Ball to decide on deals.
    TD 21 is actually in the Pistons' front office, confirmed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook, what's your opinion regarding the timing of when another team would present Poeltl with an offersheet? I'm debating whether to edit the OP but I'm not sure if it's right or a team would wait until the 22nd.
    I think we'd hear about interest earlier so the team could work out a S&T if need be. I agree that they wouldn't be likely to offer the contract until the 22nd or after. It locks up their flexibility earlier without really hurting the Spurs since SA has ROFR and don't need Jakob's money to be "freed up" in order to make any moves. They'd just have more time to find a replacement. If anything, SA could go the full five or however many days with it to screw with the other team. Just doesn't seem to have the upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we'd hear about interest earlier so the team could work out a S&T if need be. I agree that they wouldn't be likely to offer the contract until the 22nd or after. It locks up their flexibility earlier without really hurting the Spurs since SA has ROFR and don't need Jakob's money to be "freed up" in order to make any moves. They'd just have more time to find a replacement. If anything, SA could go the full five or however many days with it to screw with the other team. Just doesn't seem to have the upside.
    Thanks. Yeah, tough to exactly tell what the timing might be. If a team will try to poison-pill the Spurs, they'd want to keep it quiet. But if they are open to a sign-and-trade, they'd want it to be known ASAP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could absolutely see the Knicks trying to poison pill the Spurs with Jak tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could absolutely see the Knicks trying to poison pill the Spurs with Jak tbh
    Knicks gonna run out an all-PF/C lineup this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sets the market. That's how things work.
    I’d agree with you if this were a normal year. Most teams have no cap space, and they’re going to have to split up the MLE.

Guess we will know about offer sheets in about 165 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. Yeah, tough to exactly tell what the timing might be. If a team will try to poison-pill the Spurs, they'd want to keep it quiet. But if they are open to a sign-and-trade, they'd want it to be known ASAP.
    Right now, there's little reason to believe SA wouldn't match any deal another team would offer. Aldridge is on his last legs, and it's suspected that the team's already shopped him. I actually believe they like him more than most of us do, since Poe said he regrets turning down that extension last year. If throwing something at SA gets them to back off, that's probably the best way to avoid paying like $15 Million a year on Jakob. I think the Spurs would at least go to $10 Million a year as is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be clear, actual poison-pilling doesn't apply in this case. If he re-ups with the Spurs, he'd be a BYC player I believe, but the only guy who can be poison-pilled this year is White, and that's not something to anticipate hurting SA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, shouldn't we have heard about Lyles by now? Wasn't the deadline to cut him 5 pm?
    Deadline is at 11pm tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks gonna run out an all-PF/C lineup this season.
    Their games against Detroit are going to be awesome for old-school fans, and TD21

Thread Information