Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It's hard to call something purgatory when they aren't stuck there. The term for that is "transition", and that's way more apt for SA than "purgatory" is.
    the spurs are stuck for this season though. if the spurs make don't make a trade then this season is still purgatory and next season would the actual transition.

it's great young guys get PT but demar and la still having higher aspirations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs are stuck for this season though. if the spurs make don't make a trade then this season is still purgatory and next season would the actual transition.

Holy , I swear posts like this makes me lose brain cells

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol... wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report (I know they suck) latest power rankings expresses exactly how I feel.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...st-free-agency

"The San Antonio Spurs seem content to remain in NBA purgatory, keeping both DeMar DeRozan and LaMarcus Aldridge to avoid a rebuild and failing to add any veteran outside help to try starting a new playoff streak.

Devin Vassell was a terrific pickup after he fell to No. 11 overall, but he may start the year buried on the depth chart with so many guards and wings, led by DeRozan, in front of him.

San Antonio will forever play hard, but a 24th-ranked defense wasn't addressed in free agency. The Spurs need to embrace a rebuild and seek new homes for both DeRozan and Aldridge before they become free agents next summer.

With the Phoenix Suns and New Orleans Pelicans both fighting for the eighth seed and the Golden State Warriors getting a healthy Stephen Curry back, the Spurs will miss the playoffs for the second straight year."

It's that NBA purgatory that I hate. You either are in or out not lets see if we can get that 8th seed and miss out on better draft capital.
    BR too soft on the major fail is this FO last couple of years - they made minor tweaks when the smart play aka OKC is to blow up and get some draft picks at least. Might be a different situation if we had a non HOF coach now stuck playing retreads instead of developing youth. Nothing to get excited at all about the purgatory that is the 2020-21 Spurs.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, the spurs are 100% in nba purgatory.

better than last year? yeah. but both "stars" are in decline and this is a team that no one has really high hopes for.
    Horse . They have financial flexibility going forward. Even if they don’t make a splash in FA’s that’s far better than off loading potential cap space for a late 1st rounder that’ll be partnered with 1 or more unfavorable contracts.

At least with cap space they can become a third in a trade if outright signing their targets don’t pan out.

I’m all for unloading our vet baggage but not if it means taking mediocre talent on unappetizing contacts simply to land a 25-30 or a 2nd rounder. I’d rather have financial freedom.

If moving either of those guys returned a top 14 pick they would have done it by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People need to look up the word 'purgatory'. Y'all dumb as .

Last edited by Dejounte; 11-30-2020 at 06:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://mobile.twitter.com/RealGM/st...32383488974848

First draft favorite Jordan Bell gets cut and now Zhaire Smith?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t know why I posted that in this thread tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I remember some here wanted Zhaire over Lonnie Walker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember some here wanted Zhaire over Lonnie Walker.
    And wanted him as a sweetner in a Kawhi deal to Philly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He is now... in purgatory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And wanted him as a sweetner in a Kawhi deal to Philly.
    I even remember the comparisons to Kawhi Leonard and how so many pundits said he would be a similar player. Goes to show people put too much stock in scouting reports by paid professionals. They don't remember this though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Would be nice if the Spurs threw him a training camp invite tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    lol at y'all not getting it.

i said this season is purgatory if no moves are made. why? because the spurs will only be a little more successful that last season. yeah, spurs have flexibility... that counts after the season is over.

the spurs future flexibility doesn't make this current team a 3rd seed. i'm talking about the present, i know there's relief in the future.

i never said spurs are in purgatory for years to come, i said this season.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs entered purgatory when they acquired demar. and will remain until he is gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So... one year purgatory.

Well I hope you survive!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So if they make a trade they are not stuck? In other words, they're not stuck at all?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i said this season is purgatory if no moves are made. why? because the spurs will only be a little more successful that last season. yeah, spurs have flexibility... that counts after the season is over.

the spurs future flexibility doesn't make this current team a 3rd seed. i'm talking about the present, i know there's relief in the future.

Do you think you're in purgatory every time you go somewhere?

"I'm neither where I was or where I want to be. This is literally purgatory. The only way I can escape is if I get where I'm going. That or somehow acquire Russell Westbrook."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I even remember the comparisons to Kawhi Leonard and how so many pundits said he would be a similar player. Goes to show people put too much stock in scouting reports by paid professionals. They don't remember this though...
    Oh they remember, they’re just hoping you forgot! Keep them honest.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think you're in purgatory every time you go somewhere?

"I'm neither where I was or where I want to be. This is literally purgatory. The only way I can escape is if I get where I'm going. That or somehow acquire Russell Westbrook."
    From the end of the 2019-2020 NBA season to November 20, 2020 is gambit's purgatory.

It was the period of when gambit wouldn't shut up about Dwight Howard.

Only to realize on November 20,2020 that none of the contenders wanted Dwight Howard because they know he's garbage and not a game changer... which left gambit in shock.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can you give a non fantasy trade scenario that does not keep the Spurs in purgatory for this year? You cannot develop players if you told them to delibrately lose. But if you ask the young players to give their all, they are likely to end up non-playoff late lottery. Which according to your definition purgatory for this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not lookin to over-hammer this nail, but...

spurs entered purgatory when they acquired demar. and will remain until he is gone.
    ...Literally contradicts your earlier quote,

spurs aren't a clear playoff team and aren't a clear high draft pick team. literal purgatory.
    Spurs got DeMar DeRozan and became a clear playoff team. Made the playoffs, even, almost second round. Either you don't know what the word "literal" means, or "purgatory"... The consensus here seems to be the latter, and I agree, tbh. Lol at "1 year of purgatory"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does the trade exemption work?....let's say boston was interested in LMA, doubtful, but let's say it's so....can we trade LMA straight up for the exemption, an if so, what do we even do with it?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    ...Literally contradicts your earlier quote
    no, i was saying the spurs aren't in purgatory for years to come today.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    So if they make a trade they are not stuck? In other words, they're not stuck at all?
    everyone acting like the spurs mindset isn't so much more rigid than other FOs

yeah, the spurs could totally move demar and la. no one here really thinks that will still end up happening though.

Thread Information