My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaren Jackson was 2 I think
    Garrett Temple when he was with the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he and Rosho were more than acceptable spliting time at Center alongside Tim(even giving tim a breather at times)

23-7 as a starter that second year and Rasho was like 39-12ish.... team won 66 games and I though Poop horribly misused them in the playoffs. 8 DNPs between the duo against Dal..... not their faults....Should have repeated they were good against the pistion the year before.....

When you consider that their replacement was Mahimi, Kurt Thomas(luckly the next year they ran into young lebron) I think if you stick with the them Spurs 3peat and have an outside chance of a 4peat..... IMHO.. Fabricio was gonna be on the squad reguardless. Rasho Muhammad and Fabs.... good chance a 4peat.... oh welll
    Hard to argue. I always liked Rasho, he played the team game to the sacrifice of his own.

That Kurt Thomas signing was a few years late.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much unwarranted optimism on this thread while fact FO failed again and kept Spurs mediocre instead of taking a chance. Nothing to see here.
    If you can’t have optimism now then when?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...uVrC_6P0JSOA&s

Rich Jones #33 San Antonio Spurs all-star forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he and Rosho were more than acceptable spliting time at Center alongside Tim(even giving tim a breather at times)

23-7 as a starter that second year and Rasho was like 39-12ish.... team won 66 games and I though Poop horribly misused them in the playoffs. 8 DNPs between the duo against Dal..... not their faults....Should have repeated they were good against the pistion the year before.....

When you consider that their replacement was Mahimi, Kurt Thomas(luckly the next year they ran into young lebron) I think if you stick with the them Spurs 3peat and have an outside chance of a 4peat..... IMHO.. Fabricio was gonna be on the squad reguardless. Rasho Muhammad and Fabs.... good chance a 4peat.... oh welll
    picking up Nazr was key to us winning a chip in 05. Looked like a minor thing, but that really put us over the top that year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm still pissed off at the Pop playing stupid small ball against the Mavs in '06. I have watched some highlight videos of Dirk from that series recently and came to the conclusion that Dirk was going to get his regardless of who was guarding him but it was still better for him to light up Nazr,Rasho instead of Bowen,Finley. In that scenario the Mavs at least can't get offensive rebounds and second chance points like they were doing when the Spurs went small. Does second chance points were killers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2006 Spurs were a 63 win team iirc....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right after this picture was taken, I bet Nazr dropped the ball out of bounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The easiest path to that would be Poeltl changing to #2. The others are all guards and wings.
    Do you mean 4 as a power forward?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Right after this picture was taken, I bet Nazr dropped the ball out of bounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nazr had better hands than Ayers

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Nazr had better hands than Ayers
    oh, for sure.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you mean 4 as a power forward?
    No, just jersey number. A jersey number 1/2/3/4/5 lineup could make some sense with the positions as White/Murray/Walker/Johnson/Poeltl from PG-C for example.

I used Nazr Mohammed as an example that a Spurs center can wear #2, even though it's an uncommon number for a big.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read about Danny Ainge being greedy and demanded more out of the Indiana proposes Turner, Mcdermott, 1st for Hayward. Apparently, he tried looking for another team to take on Turner instead. Is Turner that bad that no other team took him? Was hoping that Spurs got in to that, but it must say something else if all the other teams weren’t interested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read about Danny Ainge being greedy and demanded more out of the Indiana proposes Turner, Mcdermott, 1st for Hayward. Apparently, he tried looking for another team to take on Turner instead. Is Turner that bad that no other team took him? Was hoping that Spurs got in to that, but it must say something else if all the other teams weren’t interested.
    Turner imo would be the perfect big for the spurs, it was a small sample but him and DWhite showed some chemistry on team USA I thought. I think Ainge was just being a like always

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that must be a fake rumor, i just cant believe anyone would refuse such an offer for hayward...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Turner has Uncle Dennis like people around him...they're just not as visible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that must be a fake rumor, i just cant believe anyone would refuse such an offer for hayward...
    Especially on a sign and trade.

Kinda kills your leverage if the main piece can just decide to, you know...not sign and go wherever the he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially on a sign and trade.

Kinda kills your leverage if the main piece can just decide to, you know...not sign and go wherever the he wants.
    I think the leverage was Hayward wants to go home to Indy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm surprised the dwight howard market wasn't larger. i guess there's still lingering issues with his character / attïtude.

i mean, every team could've used him tbh. the clippers didn't even make an offer? or the nuggets? the rockets could've used him too mavs could use size, so could the celtics, the raptors...
    Character issues don’t go away. He played his role and behaved because there was a meeting with the LA coach and front office before he signed, and they made it perfectly clear that they were willing to cut his minimum contract ass if there were ANY issues at all. You’ll notice that even with no issues, the Lakers went a different direction in the off season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Character issues don’t go away. He played his role and behaved because there was a meeting with the LA coach and front office before he signed, and they made it perfectly clear that they were willing to cut his minimum contract ass if there were ANY issues at all. You’ll notice that even with no issues, the Lakers went a different direction in the off season.
    Dude has played for over 8 teams now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Marco playing for Manu's old team!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Lowe and Bill Simmons both mentioned something to that extent. Boston actually turned that down.

Thread Information