Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.si.com/nba/2020/12/18/nb...us-scout-takes

Is there really hope this FO will actually do something right?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A random person making a prediction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will play a lot of young guys and those are usually the teams pop does well with. The teams you don’t expect much from. Pop gets fired up about coaching them.
    What team is he referencing? Closest would be '17-18 I guess but that was Aldridge, Gasol, Green, Patty and young-in-age-old-at-heart Kyle Anderson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What team is he referencing? Closest would be '17-18 I guess but that was Aldridge, Gasol, Green, Patty and young-in-age-old-at-heart Kyle Anderson.
    He has no idea what he's talking about tbh. Only thing worth talking about is that he says LMA and DPR aren't worth a first round pick. Looking more and more likely the Spurs settle for buying them out after the trade deadline along with Gay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best I can think is when Pop would yank starters in early load management days and his end bench guys would give teams a run for their money.

Anyway, none of this is a surprise. DDR and LMA don't fit and don't win games here. They're not with the team next year, so try to find something for them now. Neither is worth a first round draft pick because of their FA status and age, although LMA is the closest to pulling that from an eastern team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point you hope someone will gift us a late lottery for these Good shooter/Bad shooter packages: Aldridge + Dejounte, Derozan + Lonnie. Full rebuild mode on second half of this year. 2 years to make the playoffs 3-4 years to contend.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like three years of tanking and then three years of experience and growing up to get back to winning record. I am all ready dreaming of the possibility of being able to get a top 5 lottery pick for 2021
    Last edited by BackHome; 12-18-2020 at 10:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With how well we know this FO those 2 aren't going anywhere. Until they sign their next contract and leave town.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sentence that shows how truly uninformed this guy is The Spurs will play a lot of young guys and those are the teams Pop does well with. . DDR will be shooting more 3s this year because he knows it will mean more bank. LA as well. If either has a decent shooting percentage they may be the best available options to a contender.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs are playing .500 ball or less by the Trade Deadline then I personally believe that they will attempt to trade away LMA and DDR. If they're successful with this attempt then that would mean that the Spurs are pretty much guaranteed to have a top 5-10 Draft pick, then the rebuild will inevitably begin. If this happens, the mainstays will be:

Keldon, Vassell, DJM, White, LW4, Jakob and the 2021 1st RD draft pick.

Pop really likes both LW4 and DJM. Pop will never trade either of them. If they're not mainstays, it would be because they left on their own in free agency. Both players will fair better once the vets are gone. The future for this team is bright. DJM seams the type that would not take to coming off the bench that well but I could see White accepting a 6th man roll as long as he gets paid and plays at least 26 to 30 minutes a game.

DJM ---------Tre Jones
    Vassell ---- LW4
    Keldon ----- ????
    2021 1st -- Luka
    Jakob ------- Eubanks

Luka's still very young and raw. He could be a diamond in the rough. Add in the 2022 Lottery Draft Pick and I see the Spurs right back in the hunt by 2024. Not bad and by then the current young players will have continuity and be in their primes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be pretty funny if both Aldridge and DeRozan are extended for another year or two. So many people are saying they are “as good as gone” but if none of the young guys step up and look like franchise star potential or another team is willing to trade one it is entirely possibly that they keep one or both guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs are playing .500 ball or less by the Trade Deadline then I personally believe that they will attempt to trade away LMA and DDR. If they're successful with this attempt then that would mean that the Spurs are pretty much guaranteed to have a top 5-10 Draft pick, then the rebuild will inevitably begin. If this happens, the mainstays will be:

Pop really likes both LW4 and DJM. Pop will never trade either of them. If they're not mainstays, it would be because they left on their own in free agency. Both players will fair better once the vets are gone. The future for this team is bright. DJM seams the type that would not take to coming off the bench that well but I could see White accepting a 6th man roll as long as he gets paid and plays at least 26 to 30 minutes a game.

DJM ---------Tre Jones
    Vassell ---- LW4
    Keldon ----- ????
    2021 1st -- Luka
    Jakob ------- Eubanks

Luka's still very young and raw. He could be a diamond in the rough. Add in the 2022 Lottery Draft Pick and I see the Spurs right back in the hunt by 2024. Not bad and by then the current young players will have continuity and be in their primes.
    I don't think DJM or LW are off limits in trade packages, nor do I think they should be. I do like both players in certain rolls but they shouldn't be off limits.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be pretty funny if both Aldridge and DeRozan are extended for another year or two. So many people are saying they are “as good as gone” but if none of the young guys step up and look like franchise star potential or another team is willing to trade one it is entirely possibly that they keep one or both guys.
    I could definitely see the FO trading DJM and another piece for a win now vet on a 3 year contract, resigning lma and ddr and keeping Vassell , Samanic and Keldon as future building blocks with White bridging the gap between.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DJM ---------Tre Jones
    Vassell ---- LW4
    Keldon ----- ????
    2021 1st -- Luka
    Jakob ------- Eubanks

So what happen to white?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has no idea what he's talking about tbh. Only thing worth talking about is that he says LMA and DPR aren't worth a first round pick. Looking more and more likely the Spurs settle for buying them out after the trade deadline along with Gay.
    I don’t think they buy them out. Why would you give them to a team making a playoff run who wouldn’t pay for them?

I want a first round pick
    No
    I want a second round pick
    No
    OK, I’ll just pay them to go away, and you can sign them for free.

Not a good look or strategy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.si.com/nba/2020/12/18/nb...us-scout-takes

Is there really hope this FO will actually do something right?
    That would be like you posting a quality take on ST. The odds are pretty slim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buying them out would be the stupidest thing the Spurs could do.

If they walk for nothing, so be it. The Spurs get cap space without taking on bad contracts or giving up draft picks.

Paying them to go away is just a waste of money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buying them out would be the stupidest thing the Spurs could do.

If they walk for nothing, so be it. The Spurs get cap space without taking on bad contracts or giving up draft picks.

Paying them to go away is just a waste of money.
    Why would they be giving up picks to move on from them? I don't like the idea of buying LMA and DDR out but I could see Gay possibly being brought out to do him a solid if they can't find a trade for him.

Ironically, I think Mills and Gay might have as much trade value as DDR and LMA in some ways. They'd be useful on playoff teams while LMA and DDR are tougher fits on bigger contracts, which would mean that it would be difficult for teams to find matching salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what do you post? Answer nothing of substance per usual.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I think there is a legit chance of moving Mills and Rudy and getting something in return a late first would be ideal but a second would be OK but I am not buying them out and then loosing them for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rummpd claims he used to be a writer L M A O

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually expect LMA and DDR to play out their contracts while the Spurs refuse to trade them, they both sign elsewhere and the Spurs get nothing in return other than cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually expect LMA and DDR to play out their contracts while the Spurs refuse to trade them, they both sign elsewhere and the Spurs get nothing in return other than cap space.
    You are completely correct...and this is based on nothing except pop's stubbornness...the more it's obvious those guys need to be traded and the more people say it publicly,the more he tried to be a contrarian and buck the system by zagging when zigging is the obvious correct choice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJM has been here four years. He hasn't matured in the skills needed for a PG. Bad BB IQ, bad handling, bad shooting after years of NBA coaching make him expendable. His trade value will drop very quickly if he stays here another full year. If DR and LA are up for a trade, he would be a nice addition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJM has been here four years. He hasn't matured in the skills needed for a PG. Bad BB IQ, bad handling, bad shooting after years of NBA coaching make him expendable. His trade value will drop very quickly if he stays here another full year. If DR and LA are up for a trade, he would be a nice addition.
    Yes, have to package Murray with DDR or LMA and get best value available. Or be left holding a bag of cash with no good FAs left

Thread Information