My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man you had me laughing so hard ya made my day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might be worse than us
    Yes, with two clowns and head cases like wall and harden Houston is added to the worse than us list. Kings, thunder, wolves and rockets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man you had me laughing so hard ya made my day
    This��������

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wall contract IS the worst contract in the NBA. It's a tough pill to swallow but I was wrong about the Rockets. We have now moved up to 3rd place in our division... Not this year of course bc I expect as long as Harden stays the team will make the playoffs. But next year once they trade him the Rockets will be in the cellar for YEARS to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wall contract IS the worst contract in the NBA. It's a tough pill to swallow but I was wrong about the Rockets. We have now moved up to 3rd place in our division... Not this year of course bc I expect as long as Harden stays the team will make the playoffs. But next year once they trade him the Rockets will be in the cellar for YEARS to come.
    Idk. I feel a reckoning coming for Harden. People, media, league seem to be growing tired of him and his style of play. I can see him not getting the calls he got for 5 seasons this year thus, ruining his whole game. His game is predicated on ref’s whistle so much, if there’s even a minor dip in calls it can impact him and the rockets greatly.

Maybe wishful thinking ����#♂️

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk. I feel a reckoning coming for Harden. People, media, league seem to be growing tired of him and his style of play. I can see him not getting the calls he got for 5 seasons this year thus, ruining his whole game. His game is predicated on ref’s whistle so much, if there’s even a minor dip in calls it can impact him and the rockets greatly.

Agreed. Everyone is getting tired of his fake flopping for free throws and the boring style of dribbling forever. Don’t know how much of the calls will stop going his way but he isn’t an nba darling anymore that’s for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I doubt the regular season officiating changes for him in a drastic manner this season. Refs are softer than ever and, even if they dislike a certain player, they call the calls (we see this with CP3 as well). But I certainly agree that the Rockettes are cellar-bound... Harden is unlikely to put in the same effort and grit in this season, being known that he wants out, and especially if Wall/Cousins/the team in general stumbles out of the gates. Then after the season's end, Rockettes are kind of forced to trade him somewhere instead of losing him for nothing, which would be disastrous considering they have no picks nor assets of their own, not even to unload their other bad contracts (bad for a rebuilding team), like Tucker or Gordon. And to think they committed like 40M to Wood, and barring a championship run this season, will be losing the main player that would make him work in that system...

I still can't wrap my head around trading WB for Wall this season. Like, they're not even blowing it up entirely now, since they kept Harden, who was also disgruntled - how much worse could it have been to keep WB as well, and try to rehab his value a-la CP3 in the Thunder last season? They had literally nothing to lose, and WB was injured and got COVID before the playoffs, which absolutely tanked any value he might've had. Dictionary definition of selling low as can be. Now they're banking on a player post-Achilles and post-knee surgery, who relied on athleticism as the only elite part of his game, coming back at even a fraction of his previous level, to even make a playoff push.

Rockettes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt the regular season officiating changes for him in a drastic manner this season. Refs are softer than ever and, even if they dislike a certain player, they call the calls (we see this with CP3 as well). But I certainly agree that the Rockettes are cellar-bound... Harden is unlikely to put in the same effort and grit in this season, being known that he wants out, and especially if Wall/Cousins/the team in general stumbles out of the gates. Then after the season's end, Rockettes are kind of forced to trade him somewhere instead of losing him for nothing, which would be disastrous considering they have no picks nor assets of their own, not even to unload their other bad contracts (bad for a rebuilding team), like Tucker or Gordon. And to think they committed like 40M to Wood, and barring a championship run this season, will be losing the main player that would make him work in that system...

I still can't wrap my head around trading WB for Wall this season. Like, they're not even blowing it up entirely now, since they kept Harden, who was also disgruntled - how much worse could it have been to keep WB as well, and try to rehab his value a-la CP3 in the Thunder last season? They had literally nothing to lose, and WB was injured and got COVID before the playoffs, which absolutely tanked any value he might've had. Dictionary definition of selling low as can be. Now they're banking on a player post-Achilles and post-knee surgery, who relied on athleticism as the only elite part of his game, coming back at even a fraction of his previous level, to even make a playoff push.

Rockettes
    Well, the reason for the urgency to trade WB was because he wasn't showing up to training camp. He was being a malcontent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the reason for the urgency to trade WB was because he wasn't showing up to training camp. He was being a malcontent.
    Wow, hadn't heard that. Awful, especially coming from someone like WB. Oh well, same outcome... Can't imagine what went down behind the scenes for things to sour out to such an extent that he'd not even attend training camp after being there for only a year. Really lends some weight to the Harden not being a good teammate/player to play with stuff.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russ has to have the ball a ton and is pretty washed up. Pairing him with Harden--probably the most ball-dominant player in the NBA--was bound to fail. I actually think Washington looks somewhat decent for a lower-tier Eastern Conference team. Russ, Beal, Bertans, Rui, Bryant isn't horrible. The bench does look bad but I guess we'll see what Avdija brings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russ has to have the ball a ton and is pretty washed up. Pairing him with Harden--probably the most ball-dominant player in the NBA--was bound to fail. I actually think Washington looks somewhat decent for a lower-tier Eastern Conference team. Russ, Beal, Bertans, Rui, Bryant isn't horrible. The bench does look bad but I guess we'll see what Avdija brings.
    Washed up? He’s a super hero for being able to average 27ppg on a James harden team. Oh and almost avareaged another triple double. But yeah washed up

I think he’s a but he’s a legit elite nba player. Decent chance wizards make the playoffs next year now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The numbers are eye-popping but Houston was worse when he was on the floor. He's also been a complete disaster in the postseason for a few years now. I'm somewhat interested in seeing what he can do in Washington, though. Bertans is really gonna eat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russell Westbrook...
    hmmm have a look to this clip from ONE game and ask Rocket fans about him...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washed up? He’s a super hero for being able to average 27ppg on a James harden team. Oh and almost avareaged another triple double. But yeah washed up

I think he’s a but he’s a legit elite nba player. Decent chance wizards make the playoffs next year now.
    I mean, he was basically the same player as Demar with a worse netrating
    Per 100: https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...per_poss::none

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, he was basically the same player as Demar with a worse netrating
    Per 100: https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...per_poss::none
    Unpopular opinion, but Demar's been better than Houston Russ.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight Raptor WAR 2019-2020

89T 3.3 Jae Crowder, DeMar DeRozan, Aaron Holiday, JaVale McGee
    137 T 2.1 Andre Drummond, Gary Harris, Cory Joseph, Maxi Kleber, Derrick Rose, Gary Trent Jr., Russell Westbrook

Offensive Raptor (rate stat compared to mean NBA player, where WAR uses PT compared to 391st best NBA player)
    28T +2.8 Davis Bertans, DeMar DeRozan
    147T -0.4 Thomas Bryant, Daniel House Jr., Kevin Huerter, Kelly Oubre Jr., Russell Westbrook, Cody Zeller

Defensive Raptor
    152T -0.6 Brad Wanamaker, Russell Westbrook
    232T -2.7 DeMar DeRozan, Lou Williams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Forbes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you compare Forbes to Westbrook?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you compare Forbes to Westbrook?
    i am having 1579* reasons to do it.

* minutes as a starter in NBA team last season from Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Rockettes
    Coach/broadcaster Al McGuire once quipped that you can have one bad at ude on a team, but you can't have two-- because then they breed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i am having 1579* reasons to do it.

* minutes as a starter in NBA team last season from Pop
    I look forward to your report.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach/broadcaster Al McGuire once quipped that you can have one bad at ude on a team, but you can't have two-- because then they breed.
    Love the quote. Thanks. I'd say though, that depending on the at ude, you can't even have one on the team. It might just be like plants, and reproduce on its own. Though that doesn't make for a nice quote...

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read that some G League teams will not participate in the proposed G League bubble. Any word if the Austin Spurs will?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand by some of yall are comparing WB and Forbes? Onces an All-star, Potential HOf, while the other is a role player..............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand by some of yall are comparing WB and Forbes? Onces an All-star, Potential HOf, while the other is a role player..............
    Only on ST can an undrafted player signed to a 2-way contract be compared against All-Star caliber ones and be criticized for not meeting that standard. It comes with territory around here. Lots of things don't make sense. A bit twilight zone-ish. But if you can't roll with it, this place will make you dizzy.

Not that Forbes is a 2-way contract player. But you get the idea.

Thread Information