Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs entered purgatory when they acquired demar. and will remain until he is gone.
    do all y'all still wanna jump on my neck after getting blown out by the rockets?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do all y'all still wanna jump on my neck after getting blown out by the rockets?
    There’s still some hope. Not for this season but there’s still hope until after next offseason is done. Spurs will have lots of money. Won’t be a lot of options left but hope isn’t technically gone yet until after they sign a bunch of overpaid multi year contracts next offseason. I’m not happy with the lack of effort by the FO to get better and get better assets through trades but there’s still time to turn the ship around. They won’t but technically there’s still time....at least until next offseason is over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s still some hope. Not for this season but there’s still hope until after next offseason is done. Spurs will have lots of money. Won’t be a lot of options left but hope isn’t technically gone yet until after they sign a bunch of overpaid multi year contracts next offseason. I’m not happy with the lack of effort by the FO to get better and get better assets through trades but there’s still time to turn the ship around. They won’t but technically there’s still time....at least until next offseason is over.
    We've been a year away for the last 4 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've been a year away for the last 4 years.
    You know what I’m referring to that we haven’t had in the last 4yrs. DDR, LMA, Gay, Mills and Lyles contracts all end after this season. That’s a big deal. It forces this lethargic FO to do something. Now I think they won’t do anything that moves the needle and will likely hamstring is with bad contracts but that hasn’t happened yet. Yet being the key word.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what I’m referring to that we haven’t had in the last 4yrs. DDR, LMA, Gay, Mills and Lyles contracts all end after this season. That’s a big deal. It forces this lethargic FO to do something. Now I think they won’t do anything that moves the needle and will likely hamstring is with bad contracts but that hasn’t happened yet. Yet being the key word.
    That's what I'm referring to. "Our summer" continues to get pushed back because of bad moves they made. Gasol was pretty and pushed "our summer" back.

Years later, they're still paying him and other bums, AND "our summer" still isn't here yet.

With that said, no one of consequence is signing here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't Carroll's contract come off too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cannot believe the great move the Rockets were able to do to get Wood. Why couldn't we have traded DDR and filler to Detwaw for Wood? First, we miss out on the Wiseman trade, if there was really any substance to it, and then the Wood trade.

I really like Wood's game. He seems to know how to find the hoop with the ball when he is 5 ft or closer, something our bigs struggle with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think so but I’ll defer to the smart cap wizards we have on here

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I cannot believe the great move the Rockets were able to do to get Wood. Why couldn't we have traded DDR and filler to Detwaw for Wood? First, we miss out on the Wiseman trade, if there was really any substance to it, and then the Wood trade.

I really like Wood's game. He seems to know how to find the hoop with the ball when he is 5 ft or closer, something our bigs struggle with.
    You are a prisoner of the moment. Yes he had good preseason games, but over the last 6 years he has done nothing to warrant that comment. Also the way the Spurs Defense was playing, everybody would have been dominating. It was just awful on the spurs part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are a prisoner of the moment. Yes he had good preseason games, but over the last 6 years he has done nothing to warrant that comment. Also the way the Spurs Defense was playing, everybody would have been dominating. It was just awful on the spurs part.
    Yeah, that's just false. Wood killed it on the Pistons especially after Griffin went down and Drummond got traded. Sure, you can say empty numbers on a bad team, but he showed he has legitimate talent and skills in that sole preseason game and toyed with a perennial All-Star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the 15 game sample size from 2/3/2020 onwards over a 15 game period where he actually got playing time, Wood put up 22/10/2/1/1 on 56% FG in 35min a game. Small sample size but that's pretty much what Ingram showed post-ASB before he broke out lasts year. Don't think any of the Spurs youngsters could do that at this point in time over 15 games tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious... for those who believe LMA and DeMar are still perennial all-stars: what will it take for them to lose this tag? A strong case can be made for DeMar, and LMA did indeed carry the team on his back a little bit last season. What would they have to show that they're no more on the level of other stars? Would that be a slow deflating balloon or will it be a quick pop? I could easily see LMA falling off the cliff (sort of like what happened with Pau Gasol) this season.

It's why I question why people prop up the Rockets because they think Cousins is still a star, but from what I've seen, he's so far removed from it. He still has good games, sure. But so does role players.

I post this with the idea that I don't think the bar is very high for any of our young players for them to surpass these two. If Derrick White builds on last year and averages 15/5/5 with great defense, in my mind he's already better than both.

In the bubble (which people hate to use as a sample size), White averaged 19/5/4.
    J_Paco
    Last edited by Dejounte; 12-19-2020 at 11:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait people still think LMA and DD are all stars?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or borderline stars.

Guess if someone can pull up the list of roles in NBA 2K, that would help lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious... for those who believe LMA and DeMar are still perennial all-stars: what will it take for them to lose this tag? A strong case can be made for DeMar, and LMA did indeed carry the team on his back a little bit last season. What would they have to show that they're no more on the level of other stars? Would that be a slow deflating balloon or will it be a quick pop? I could easily see LMA falling off the cliff (sort of like what happened with Pau Gasol) this season.

It's why I question why people prop up the Rockets because they think Cousins is still a star, but from what I've seen, he's so far removed from it. He still has good games, sure. But so does role players.

I post this with the idea that I don't think the bar is very high for any of our young players for them to surpass these two. If Derrick White builds on last year and averages 15/5/5 with great defense, in my mind he's already better than both.

In the bubble (which people hate to use as a sample size), White averaged 19/5/4.
    J_Paco

idk if I’d say either of them are still all stars anymore but in the case for Demar he averaged at least 20ppg, 5Ast, and 5 RBs per game, only other guys who did that last season was Harden, Luka, Lebron, Giannis, and Westbrook. That’s pretty good company imo lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should be the last year of full pay. Next year it will be the guarantee. So it will go from 6.1 mil to 1.2 mil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

J_Paco
    Neither LaMarcus or DeMar are "perennial" all-stars any longer - DeMar hasn't made an all-star team since switching conferences & LaMarcus has gone without being selected (or voted) for three years (I believe) - so that ship has sailed, but they've both helped anchor playoff caliber rosters for years.

Now, I would love to say that Derrick is the best player on the roster or an all-star caliber player but that simply isn't reality. 10/3/3 isn't getting it done to be vaulted to that status, or leaping over a guys that averaged 20/5/5 and 19/7 last year, yet with more minutes & a large role he could surpass them very soon.

He hasn't yet & is marginally better (*shocker*) than DeJounte Murray, who everyone on ST hates & bashes.

Note: I believe Derrick is the 3rd best player on the team and could become the best. It'll take him being the version of him we saw in the NBA Bubble, doing it over an entire NBA season and (possible but not likely) playoffs. And I want any two of the young guys to breakout and give the organization some direction or anchors. Right now, due to COVID-19 & other , the entire organization feels stuck in neutral or has stagnated mightily.

Thread Information