Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never understood the whole measurement without shoes thing, when was the last barefoot NBA game?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is not going to sit LMA nor Derzz as they are both vets on a contract year sitting them would not look good nor would go well with them. They are going to get 30 + minutes a game and that’s good we want them to do good it might net us a good trade during season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is nothing in Pop's history to lead to this conclusion. He's not the GM anyway.
    Quite the contrary. There is nothing in pops history that would lead you to the conclusion that he would.

Going off history. How many mid-season trades have the spurs done under pops leadership? How many of those included his “best” players?

Don't kid yourself. Pop is running things or at a minimum has the final say so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Technically that’s not true. KJ is 6’5” w/o shoes and 6’6” w/ shoes. Vassell is 1in taller than KJ. He’s 6’6” w/o shoes and 6’7” w/ shoes.

not getting into the whole does height matter debate. But they are not both at least 6’7”
    Wrong. He grew. He's taller than DeMar by a bit and he towers over Lonnie.

Check the Devin thread. He's taller by what appears 2" than Josh Green.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should offer RHJ the MLE and call it a wrap if he bites.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite the contrary. There is nothing in pops history that would lead you to the conclusion that he would.

Going off history. How many mid-season trades have the spurs done under pops leadership? How many of those included his “best” players?

Don't kid yourself. Pop is running things or at a minimum has the final say so
    We've never been in this situation before. Better read of history is that Pop likes to take care of his players. The franchise kind of has to, given difficulty attracting them. This is why they won't dump either player on a ty team, but they will work with them to get them to contendors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong. He grew. He's taller than DeMar by a bit and he towers over Lonnie.

Check the Devin thread. He's taller by what appears 2" than Josh Green.
    I’m 6’3”. A close friend of mine is 6’5”. There are plenty of pictures of us together where I look taller but I’m not. Can’t really judge things off pictures unless there’s a huge difference in height.

If KJ actually has grown, then we should see his height updated on the roster at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m 6’3”. A close friend of mine is 6’5”. There are plenty of pictures of us together where I look taller but I’m not. Can’t really judge things off pictures unless there’s a huge difference in height.

If KJ actually has grown, then we should see his height updated on the roster at some point.
    It'll update when training camp starts and the team releases its "official" measurements. That's if anything has changed of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not true. There are many players in the NBA whose height they never updated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll update when training camp starts and the team releases its "official" measurements. That's if anything has changed of course.
    Is this true? I've never seen this happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. Adams is a great pickup for NOLA. They’re going to be good next season

PG-Ball, Lewis Jr
    SG-Red , Bledsoe
    SF-Ingram, Hart
    PF-Zion, Melli
    C-Adams, Hayes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen Durant and Giannis's height debated for years by their fans, and it's clear there has been an increase, but the NBA would never update their height.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So as of right now the roster consists of...

Jakob/Eubanks
    LMA/Rudy/Trey/Luka
    Demar/Keldon/Devin
    Dwhite/Lonnie
    Murray/Patty

Doesn’t that leave 2 open roster spots?? Quinndary is on another 2 way contract, maybe we sign Tre Jones to a guaranteed contract but that still would leave 1 open roster spot and 1 more 2 way contract available
    Starters: Lyles, DeRozan, Aldridge, White, Murray

Bench: Mills, Gay, Poeltl, Johnson, Walker, Vassell

Deep bench: Eubanks, Jones, Samanic, Reynolds, Weatherspoon

I think white comes off the bench and Keldon May start; our three best ball handlers/facilitators can’t start I’m thinking.
    They can, but it'll require White to sub out mid 1st/3rd, sub back in late 1st/3rd, then sub back out early 2nd/4th and sub back in mid 2nd/4th.

Too soon for Johnson, who'd need to prove himself a bona fide shooter to function with the starters.

PG-Ball, Lewis Jr
    SG-Red , Bledsoe
    SF-Ingram, Hart
    PF-Zion, Melli
    C-Adams, Hayes
    Bledsoe will start, while Re will serve as the sixth man. Walker-Alexander will compete with Lewis Jr. for minutes, while Hernangomez will be the third C.

Talent/value wise, they did well in their trades, but they failed miserably fit wise. They desperately needed shooting to compliment their core.
    Last edited by TD 21; 11-22-2020 at 04:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen Durant and Giannis's height debated for years by their fans, and it's clear there has been an increase, but the NBA would never update their height.
    It's strange. They're militant with some Orgs. but with other orgs/players they haven't cracked down on regarding accurate measurements.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PG-Ball, Lewis Jr
    SG-Red , Bledsoe
    SF-Ingram, Hart
    PF-Zion, Melli
    C-Adams, Hayes
    Yeah I really like Kira Lewis he is fast as and with Adams setting picks good luck guarding him he also has a sweet 3 point shot will definitely be fun to watch.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is nothing in Pop's history to lead to this conclusion. He's not the GM anyway.
    Up to the 10 seed gets to participate in the play in tournament. It's a certainty that they're not shipping out LMA or DDR with the possibility of a playoff spot (however extremely slim they are) greater than zero. This is the team we're going to be stuck with.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the sniffers over the last season plus this off season has been a sight. You all should have your excuses lined up when Demar and LMA are in the starting lineup in the last game of the season (likely when they get eliminated in the playoff tournament) as the 10th seed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Up to the 10 seed gets to participate in the play in tournament. It's a certainty that they're not shipping out LMA or DDR with the possibility of a playoff spot (however extremely slim they are) greater than zero. This is the team we're going to be stuck with.
    I mean "stuck with." It's not my fault so many people bought into DDR or LMA for draft picks. That was seriously unlikely. No one trades first round draft picks for expirings, certainly not lottery picks.

Of course this is the team, pretty much. That's the point of a rebuild. They have like 5-7 dynamic young guards who are very promising and need game time to develop. The only other thing that can happen at this point is offloading the aforementioned vets. If there's a trade that makes sense, it'll be done, but the FO isn't going to dump them in Siberia.

So all this whining about whatever is just stupid fanboying. The future of the Spurs is already on the team and in future draft picks. They might be able to find an FA or two to complement them, but it's not going to happen right now.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never understood the whole measurement without shoes thing, when was the last barefoot NBA game?

LOL. Same comments every damned year.

If they measure everyone exactly the same way, then you can make a valid comparison between all players. And since all shoes aren't the same, it just makes sense to measure everyone barefoot. It's really not a difficult concept. But it seems to stump a subset of the population.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Have they officially adopted the play-in for next year?

Like it wasn't enough already that half the teams get into the postseason. So now they have a postseason before the postseason. I thought that's what the regular season was supposed to be. Why not just give everyone a participation trophy and just play games without anyone keeping score?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should offer RHJ the MLE and call it a wrap if he bites.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the sniffers over the last season plus this off season has been a sight. You all should have your excuses lined up when Demar and LMA are in the starting lineup in the last game of the season (likely when they get eliminated in the playoff tournament) as the 10th seed
    Put your bread where your mouth is........ we’ll cash app it to TImvp or someone else with them stripes on this board. We can do 100.00 if you cool with it������

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the difference between s like yourself and people who believe in the team:

When the team fails to meet the expectations, we'll still be here and find optimism where optimism is deserved.

When the team succeeds to meet the expectations, you'll be nowhere in sight OR you'll be around here posting on a forum dedicated to a team you hate, crying about how miserable you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue is thinking that "sniffers" believe the Spurs getting 10th is a bad thing. I think it shows a fundamental lack of nuance to think supporting or being okay with not tanking has to mean that one believes the Spurs have any realistic chance at a le. There are more goals for a season than to win a le. It sounds good to say things like, "I just want the team to be on the fastest path to a ring, and that's through the draft." But that view clearly comes from the idea of the team being at least a dark-horse le contender for almost off the past three decades. Having a team that goes from a 12th-seed to a nine-seed to a 7th-seed to a peak of a fourth- or fifth-seed before falling back down over the course of a half-dozen years isn't that bad. Plenty of teams are on those paths, including many of the ones people are bragging about. It's still basketball.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, the FO is hard to figure out, yes, they are contrarians who believe they are smarter than everyone else because there were so many morons running teams for so long, but I just want to see the young players develop. Fretting about the FO is an exercise in existentialism. Developing our young players is the path we’re on. And it seems the FO is finally on board with that. I’m ready for the season to get started.

Thread Information