Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Serious Question: Does Eubanks have a higher ceiling than Poeltl?

Obviously Poeltl is a lot better now but Eubanks hasn't been playing compe ive basketball that long and appears to be early in his growth curve. I think there's an argument that Eubanks has a higher ceiling although there's probably only like a 10% chance he's ever better than Poeltl.
    I dont think so. Eubanks is smaller, a better on offense but on Defense Poeltl is clear better. And unlike most, i believe Poeltl has not reached his ceiling yet. Enough room to growth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3yrs 5.29 mil for Eubanks
    So basically a min deal, if not exactly. Depending on the guarantees, that's enough money to set Drew up for life. Happy for him, if anything else. And he's a fine enough depth player who seems to be fun to have on the bench. That's how you build culture. The Spurs' path to contending just got that much clearer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, Spurs off season done now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nice. Three-year, minimum deal. Probably only partially guaranteed.

Good stuff

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    3yrs 5.29 mil for Eubanks
    Per year or all together? If per year that seals the Deal and Poeltl is gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Obviously Poeltl is a lot better now but Eubanks hasn't been playing compe ive basketball that long and appears to be early in his growth curve. I think there's an argument that Eubanks has a higher ceiling although there's probably only like a 10% chance he's ever better than Poeltl.
    No.
    \thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Eubanks having the potential to stretch the floor means he might be more "future-proofed" than Poeltl. But I don't see him having the offense to make up for what seem to be innate short-comings he has on D.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think Eubanks has the higher ceiling, yes. He's won't be the shotblocker that Poeltl can be at times, but he has more potential offensively.

Poeltl's problem is that he likes to talk as if he wants to be more than he is currently, but nobody is seeing the work put in. Time for the guy to show some kind of growth. And the refusal to dunk is still dumb as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Eubanks has the higher ceiling, yes. He's won't be the shotblocker that Poeltl can be at times, but he has more potential offensively.

Poeltl's problem is that he likes to talk as if he wants to be more than he is currently, but nobody is seeing the work put in. Time for the guy to show some kind of growth. And the refusal to dunk is still dumb as .
    Purrtl cant ever hope to go this hard in a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically a min deal, if not exactly.
    Back of napkin math of Eubanks' minimum contract:

$1,620,564.00
    $1,750,209.12
    $1,879,854.24
    ---------------
    $5,250,627.36

Yeah, so safe to say it's just a three-year, minimum deal that's probably partially guaranteed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issue with Poodle is how can you be in the NBA this long and have ZERO offensive moves I don't think I have ever seen him take a mid range or a three point shot EVER?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What decade are you trapped in?
    The one where teams still employ 3 C's. Look around. Some actually have more for some reason.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My issue with Poodle is how can you be in the NBA this long and have ZERO offensive moves I don't think I have ever seen him take a mid range or a three point shot EVER?
    Given the minutes, he is a regular double double player. Dont know how much you want him to score. I have no issue with his offense. Only with his Free Throws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks hsa great athleticism for a backup and a scrappy desire to get better. His ceiling may be fairly low, but he's a good dude to cheer off the bench and take spot duties.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks having the potential to stretch the floor means he might be more "future-proofed" than Poeltl. But I don't see him having the offense to make up for what seem to be innate short-comings he has on D.
    This. DrewDaTower can be Baynes 2.0 which is far more valuable in Todays NBA than a Charmin soft big who wilts in important games/cir stances and only skills are blocks and setting screens. Also no way Purrtls skills translate to more than 6M/year since everyone in Todays NBA has an offensive skillset.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is a Chris Anderson type of player. High energy and good hustle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one where teams still employ 3 C's. Look around. Some actually have more for some reason.
    You said the Spurs need three centers. No team needs three centers these days. Maybe back in 1995 but not today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks hsa great athleticism for a backup and a scrappy desire to get better. His ceiling may be fairly low, but he's a good dude to cheer off the bench and take spot duties.
    This. Hes clear cut for the Baynes role (tough backup C / enforcer / can hit a shot or two in Todays NBA). Previous guys in this role were Massenburg, Kevin Willis, arguably Nazr (Rasho was clearly better), and ofc Baynes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re paying Demarre Carroll more than Eubanks next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring trades, only questions are Poeltl and Q. I think Jones gets an NBA roster spot with the Spurs, or else another team signs him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said the Spurs need three centers. No team needs three centers these days. Maybe back in 1995 but not today
    It'd make sense if Teeds were stuck back in 95. He acts like the Spurs have never won a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao. sad but true

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His floater is pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring trades, only questions are Poeltl and Q. I think Jones gets an NBA roster spot with the Spurs, or else another team signs him.
    Q is gone in favor of Forbes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do. I didn't say old school stiffs, but you do need at least 3 players who can credibly play each position.

Thread Information