Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Q is gone in favor of Forbes
    I really doubt it. Q's on a 2-way. Forbes won't take a 2-way.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious Question: Does Eubanks have a higher ceiling than Poeltl?

Obviously Poeltl is a lot better now but Eubanks hasn't been playing compe ive basketball that long and appears to be early in his growth curve. I think there's an argument that Eubanks has a higher ceiling although there's probably only like a 10% chance he's ever better than Poeltl.
    How this team decides to play offense would determine this answer. One thing for sure is Eubanks is WAY more physical than Poeltl around the rim. Pop won't ever have to yell at Eubanks to dunk the ball like he does Poeltl...pretty much every game...

I've at least seen workout videos of Eubanks shooting 3's. I don't think I have ever seen Poeltl shoot a straight up jumpshot before

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do. I didn't say old school stiffs, but you do need at least 3 players who can credibly play each position.
    Lyles can't play center? , even Gay played center quite a bit last year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles can't play center? , even Gay played center quite a bit last year.
    In certain situations, but if Aldridge/Poeltl (or whoever) is down for an extended period, I wouldn't want to have to be forced to play them their.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This. DrewDaTower can be Baynes 2.0 which is far more valuable in Todays NBA than a Charmin soft big who wilts in important games/cir stances and only skills are blocks and setting screens. Also no way Purrtls skills translate to more than 6M/year since everyone in Todays NBA has an offensive skillset.
    You probably should watch some games. Poeltls impact on the game is far bigger than blocking shots and setting screens. But yeah you probably like more fans, only see the flashy stuff. *smh*

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Obviously Poeltl is a lot better now but Eubanks hasn't been playing compe ive basketball that long and appears to be early in his growth curve. I think there's an argument that Eubanks has a higher ceiling although there's probably only like a 10% chance he's ever better than Poeltl.
    I was thinking the same thing, and all related to his outside jump shot. He won’t be as good defensively but he has more quick twitch and hops, and some of that “nasty” that Pop occasionally clamors for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I want the Spurs to maybe get 8th seed at best I pick up Poodle if I want to get a good draft pick in next draft and have a lot of cap space I roll with Eubanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In certain situations, but if Aldridge/Poeltl (or whoever) is down for an extended period, I wouldn't want to have to be forced to play them their.
    Lyles looked fine last year when Aldridge and Poeltl were out. Averaged something like 15 and 7, IIRC.

Loading up on traditional centers is useless in today's NBA. Someone like Lyles can easily be a third string center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really doubt it. Q's on a 2-way. Forbes won't take a 2-way.
    he's talking roster spot. and i am afraid he's right. i am VERY AFRAID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Q is gone in favor of Forbes
    Or Jakob? Ugh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dig

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is it's a partially guaranteed deal that pays him near the minimum. Getting that much control over a young big is really nice, especially because it will help with their forthcoming decision regarding Poeltl.

Losing Poeltl would be a lot more difficult to swallow if Eubanks was also lost.
    Agreed. losing Eubank's 4.9 points and 3.9 rebounds in 12 minutes of garbage time per game would be a tough pill to swallow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great move. I shall grow my beard an inch longer in celebration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting to see how this affects the Jakob decision (I think it means he is gone) and the LMA trade scenarios (I think it limits who could come back... I mean, it would have to be a big man).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm in year 0 of my NBA career and I shoot better from 5 ft to infinity than he does. Drew seems to have a nice hook shot he's working on and is clearly better than Poeltl from the 10-15 foot range. If he can improve his defense and get better in the PnR and PnP, he'll be a better option long term just because he's already a better shooter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's talking roster spot. and i am afraid he's right. i am VERY AFRAID.
    The 2 way spots are separate from the basic 15. You can't drop Forbes into Q's spot, it just doesn't work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eubanks is good when given time on the court from what i've seen thus far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re paying Demarre Carroll more than Eubanks next year
    Poop at his most senile

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a no brainer for the minimum. Look at all the musical chairs going on around the league trying to find playable backup bigs. Eubanks is likely ideally a third big and has his limitations, but much rather hand out a deal like this than waste even a second rounder on a project.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good move.
    Also happy for him. Seems like a good guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically a min deal, if not exactly. Depending on the guarantees, that's enough money to set Drew up for life. Happy for him, if anything else. And he's a fine enough depth player who seems to be fun to have on the bench. That's how you build culture. The Spurs' path to contending just got that much clearer.
    I like Drew a lot either as a 3rd or eventually 2nd center, but signings like this aren't helping clear up the team's direction at all. I think we need to find at least one, possibly two, franchise changing prospect(s) to even start that conversation.

If they bottom out, move one or more veterans at the deadline and end up with a lottery pick next off-season then we can return to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good deal tbh. The thing with Eubanks is he can easily play the 4 if he hits 3s consistently. And he has been working on shooting them for a while now. Eubanks with a 3-point shot would actually be a decent PF

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks is great when you remember this team used to have Jeff "Errors" Pendergraph.

Anything is better than that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good deal tbh. The thing with Eubanks is he can easily play the 4 if he hits 3s consistently. And he has been working on shooting them for a while now. Eubanks with a 3-point shot would actually be a decent PF
    One career three pointer doesn't make you a three point shooter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember before this past season he said the Spurs wanted him to work on his outside and 3 ball

Thread Information