Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glue guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles looked fine last year when Aldridge and Poeltl were out. Averaged something like 15 and 7, IIRC.

Loading up on traditional centers is useless in today's NBA. Someone like Lyles can easily be a third string center.
    I was thinking he could be a starting center in today’s NBA. Him and Samanic could be a very versatile combo up front.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rather have him than Poetl. Dude reminds me of Baynes

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I rather have him than Poetl. Dude reminds me of Baynes
    You are just a hater. Dont even know what your Problem is with him. But to say you have rather Eubanks than Poeltl, shows your lack of understanding how the game is played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking about it, the speed at which they signed Eubanks is a little weird. You wouldn't think he'd be a priority, especially because he was restricted. Maybe the Spurs found at Poeltl wasn't going to come back so they just got the Eubanks deal over with to eliminate any risk ... or maybe it's as simple as controlling him for three years at the minimum was too much of a no-brainer. I guess we'll see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking about it, the speed at which they signed Eubanks is a little weird. You wouldn't think he'd be a priority, especially because he was restricted. Maybe the Spurs found at Poeltl wasn't going to come back so they just got the Eubanks deal over with to eliminate any risk ... or maybe it's as simple as controlling him for three years at the minimum was too much of a no-brainer. I guess we'll see.
    I'd say 3 years at the minimum was too much of a no brainer. I don't see a lot of impact on a Poetl deal.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Its the latter. 1,5 per year, does leave more than enough room for poeltl. Also Poeltl is a RFA, which means those deals are known later in the day. I actually see him signing 6/year deal (length i dont know), watching what is happening around the league right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they're showing -- publicly -- loyalty to a player who has busted his ass and has been a terrific teammate on the bench. I doubt they'd announce anything quickly on Poetl as they two parties are probably at least a bit apart on terms and seeing if there is any other interest. That's how they've often done it in the past, letting the player feel out offers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they knew they wanted Eubanks back the moment they didn't select a center in the draft. Poeltl or whatever had little to do with it. They wanted him, Eubanks was willing to take basically the most team-friendly deal possible. No reason not to get it done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One career three pointer doesn't make you a three point shooter.
    if you would follow he has been working on it since last years offseason. He can shoot them, it's just a matter of at what percentage he can knock them down

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    frontcourt needed some shoring up. it's not necessarily poeltl insurance but it kinda is by default.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i don't expect much from him. not a bad decision though, the money's right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is great news! This the kind of "home-grown" player everyone is happy about. The kid's got game and is always learning. He surprises a lot of opponents with his hops.

So far so good. Now please send Forbes away like Metu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Super happy for Eubanks!
    He must be pretty excited and a small NBA contract is nothing to sneeze at.
    His chemistry with teammates and body language are stellar. He’s got a lot to learn and some limitations, but, a solid move.
    I’m really starting to wonder if LMA is coming back. Too bad the GS trade fizzled. Who has the right pieces for a trade?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is great news! This the kind of "home-grown" player everyone is happy about. The kid's got game and is always learning. He surprises a lot of opponents with his hops.

So far so good. Now please send Forbes away like Metu.
    I think this is a big part of the story. They want to show that the D league to NBA pipeline is legit, and that the “programs” are integrated. There is a decent track record: Simmons, Forbes, and now Drew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good cheap deal for a good third big with "some"upside

they should bring lyles back and lets see what happens with poodle power

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. losing Eubank's 4.9 points and 3.9 rebounds in 12 minutes of garbage time per game would be a tough pill to swallow.
    Takes time to learn spurs system

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good cheap signing. Would not be the 1st signing i would have done but every team needs but this type of player. He stays within his skillset, brings great hustle and a some toughness. He will make Samanic work hard in practice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great signing at that price

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily could be negotiating leverage against Jakob, which is why I think Jakob is gone. If the Spurs remember how trades work, this could very slightly suggest a small hope that LMA still has a trade partner (for a combo forward type, ideally) and that they will sign Jakob. But seriously, that’s way too many moving parts for this organization. And sort of ostentatious. That’s the sort of fancy stuff Presti and Morey do!

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The LMA to GSW is still remotely on the table for me. GSW is in WIN NOW MODE and what if Teen Wolf Wiesman gets MAULED a couple off games or three to the lakers and the clippers? That Trade is still on the table before the deadline in my opinion and in that scenario LMA value would be at an all time HIGH. They cant wait 4 years for him to GROW UP.
    It’s a good point. Also, if Bubble Derozan returns, and with Klay out, you could even argue they will need someone to replace his production. A longshot. But if we get the best versions of both LMA and DD this season, a trade could happen. I mean, in theory.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a good point. Also, if Bubble Derozan returns, and with Klay out, you could even argue they will need someone to replace his production. A longshot. But if we get the best versions of both LMA and DD this season, a trade could happen. I mean, in theory.
    If bubble DeRozan shows up and LMA is playing at a high level, the Spurs finish ahead of the Warriors in the standings. No trade will happen then.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The LMA to GSW is still remotely on the table for me. GSW is in WIN NOW MODE and what if Teen Wolf Wiesman gets MAULED a couple off games or three to the lakers and the clippers? That Trade is still on the table before the deadline in my opinion and in that scenario LMA value would be at an all time HIGH. They cant wait 4 years for him to GROW UP.
    I was thinking the same thing. The Warriors shouldn't let Klay's injury affect this deal. I'm still holding out hope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are just a hater. Dont even know what your Problem is with him. But to say you have rather Eubanks than Poeltl, shows your lack of understanding how the game is played.
    I mean Poetl isn’t a starter in this league. He’s a bench player. Dude fouls too much. And I don’t feel like giving a $10 million deal to a bench player. I like Poetl, but unless we sign him for like 5 mil a year then he can walk. Pop plays the dude like 12 minutes a game anyways. So I’m not the only “hater”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Poetl isn’t a starter in this league. He’s a bench player. Dude fouls too much. And I don’t feel like giving a $10 million deal to a bench player. I like Poetl, but unless we sign him for like 5 mil a year then he can walk. Pop plays the dude like 12 minutes a game anyways. So I’m not the only “hater”
    Spot on.

Thread Information