Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Poetl isn’t a starter in this league. He’s a bench player. Dude fouls too much. And I don’t feel like giving a $10 million deal to a bench player. I like Poetl, but unless we sign him for like 5 mil a year then he can walk. Pop plays the dude like 12 minutes a game anyways. So I’m not the only “hater”
    That's big facts. He's completely against what SA does because of the foul problems. He has some decent tools but he's never gonna get big minutes here because he can't quit fouling. He's an ideal backup energy big and this team is not in a spot where he's worth $8mil+ per year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpursTalk:

Keldon Johnson is going to turn into Michael Jordan.
    Also, Jakob Poetl will never get better in any fashion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he can't shoot. Even LMA and Gasol learned to shoot 3's after one season. Is he just not a hard worker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's big facts. He's completely against what SA does because of the foul problems. He has some decent tools but he's never gonna get big minutes here because he can't quit fouling. He's an ideal backup energy big and this team is not in a spot where he's worth $8mil+ per year.
    Also, for the millionth time, adequate centers are a dime a dozen these days. No need to get wrapped up in a foul prone big who can't seem to improve his game. Spurs never had trouble moving on from those guys and shouldn't have any with Poeltl if he doesn't accept the QO.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpursTalk:

Keldon just turned 21 and showed more in the Bubble than Jak has in his entire stint here. Jak could be good but SA historically does not like foul-prone bigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon just turned 21 and showed more in the Bubble than Jak has in his entire stint here. Jak could be good but SA historically does not like foul-prone bigs.
    Keldon becoming Jordan confirmed!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issue with Poodle is how can you be in the NBA this long and have ZERO offensive moves I don't think I have ever seen him take a mid range or a three point shot EVER?
    You don't think you have because he hasn't. Nor would you want him to do so as he'd likely miss the entire goal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon becoming Jordan confirmed!
    Looks like you're trying to shape your own narrative here.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well Jak was not playing for Austin. I was Watching the San Antonio Spurs, and there it was very qickly clear, that his defense is extraordinary. Every stat shows, that the Spurs are better with him on the court.

Foul Prone is funny when you see the calls he gets. They are ridicoulos. As much as Keldon was nice in the Bubble he has not shown more than Poeltl.

Problem with your analysis is, that you only look for the flashy things. But dig deeper, not just in the numbers, but the plays Poeltl makes.

Everytime he steps on the court, you see automaticly a shift for the better in the team.

The notion that Poeltl has reached his ceiling with 25 years of age as center is laughable. Most centers reach their peak turning between 28 - 30.

Poeltl will not be an Allstar, but to say he reached his ceiling or even comparing him to eubanks, shows a lack of understanding how teambasketball works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like you're trying to shape your own narrative here.
    Lol. Have you read this board?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Have you read this board?
    I try not to

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking about it, the speed at which they signed Eubanks is a little weird. You wouldn't think he'd be a priority, especially because he was restricted. Maybe the Spurs found at Poeltl wasn't going to come back so they just got the Eubanks deal over with to eliminate any risk ... or maybe it's as simple as controlling him for three years at the minimum was too much of a no-brainer. I guess we'll see.
    Maybe a incoming trade for LMA and they do not want to be held ransom by Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks is just what we are, trash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks is an undersized center.

His only plus is that he can use both hands.

But... maybe in today's smaller NBA, he might be okay... if he can shoot from outside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Keldon is really happy about this signing.

Instead of letting go a buddy (like JSimms and Dedmon for Kawhi), they understand they have to make their rising stars happy with friends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m happy for him. Dude is a really good energy guy who can hit a medium range jumper. A solid bench big for a cheap price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpursTalk:

What's Jakob going to get better at? Four things he needs to:

1. Stop fouling as much (doable)
    2. Finish better at rim -- ing dunk the ball (doable)
    3. Increase his FT% (feasible)
    4. Regularly hit a shot beyond 6 feet (highly unlikely)

So he could get marginally better, but he's simply never going to be a nightly offensive threat, and his minutes rely heavily on staying out of foul trouble. He'll have a game or two where the PnR is going well and get 18-20 pts, but it'll never become the norm or avg.

So what you see is pretty much what you're gonna get from him, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've gotten to a point where I think a lot of fans here might not remember the 2010-2013 years very well. But the Spurs used to have crazy depth, with third-stringers who could come in and play with a lot of first units. That comes from having low-end players who are on the team for years. Things like Patty signing a deal less than his QO to stay, Neal basically on a three-year min deal, Blair on his four-year deal and having first-round picks to fill out the roster made it to where there was a stable of options to come in and play when needed. Getting a low-end rotation-caliber big like Eubanks for a deal with that much option value is a big win for returning to those days. His deal is so small that he never has to improve in order to justify his salary. LMA and maybe even Poeltl can move on, and the Spurs can replace them with new bigs who get time over Drew, and that's fine. It' builds depth. Jones on a three-year deal would build depth. Weatherspoon signing on builds depth. The team's top is weak, but it's middle and bottom are actually very compe ive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've gotten to a point where I think a lot of fans here might not remember the 2010-2013 years very well. But the Spurs used to have crazy depth, with third-stringers who could come in and play with a lot of first units. That comes from having low-end players who are on the team for years. Things like Patty signing a deal less than his QO to stay, Neal basically on a three-year min deal, Blair on his four-year deal and having first-round picks to fill out the roster made it to where there was a stable of options to come in and play when needed. Getting a low-end rotation-caliber big like Eubanks for a deal with that much option value is a big win for returning to those days. His deal is so small that he never has to improve in order to justify his salary. LMA and maybe even Poeltl can move on, and the Spurs can replace them with new bigs who get time over Drew, and that's fine. It' builds depth. Jones on a three-year deal would build depth. Weatherspoon signing on builds depth. The team's top is weak, but it's middle and bottom are actually very compe ive.
    And the "middle" has the potential to reach the "top", and the "bottom" has potential to reach the "middle". It's a pipeline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Years ago I recommended Spurstalk to a fellow Spurs' fan that I used to play pick up with-- a week later I saw him and he said "Why the do people on that site spend so much time complaining about Jeff Ayres?? He's literally the last guy off the bench!" That was a pretty good observation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Years ago I recommended Spurstalk to a fellow Spurs' fan that I used to play pick up with-- a week later I saw him and he said "Why the do people on that site spend so much time complaining about Jeff Ayres?? He's literally the last guy off the bench!" That was a pretty good observation.
    This is one of the worst fan forums in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they can get Jones to sign a Metu type deal with a part of the MLE. His style is perfect for a 2nd/3rd string PG and he could play right away if there’s no g-league. That depth you’re talking about will be even more important with a crammed up schedule. Dudes will sit out games on the regular and there’ll be minutes for everyone.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they can get Jones to sign a Metu type deal with a part of the MLE. His style is perfect for a 2nd/3rd string PG and he could play right away if there’s no g-league. That depth you’re talking about will be even more important with a crammed up schedule. Dudes will sit out games on the regular and there’ll be minutes for everyone.
    Can the Spurs use the room exception on Jones? Or is it moot because using the MLE would push them into the tax, which is unlikely to be worthwhile?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would agree to a point and that is I don’t think will ever be able to sign an elite free agent that was not drafted by us so in other words only way to get top tier talent is to tank and draft.

Thread Information