Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the Spurs use the room exception on Jones? Or is it moot because using the MLE would push them into the tax, which is unlikely to be worthwhile?
    Room exception only comes into play if a team is under the tax. Plus it's for only two years. Using part of the MLE on a three-year deal near the min ala Metu is the best option

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the Spurs use the room exception on Jones? Or is it moot because using the MLE would push them into the tax, which is unlikely to be worthwhile?
    Suppose you mean the bi-annual exception as the room exception is for teams using cap space and Spurs have operated above the cap. I suppose it won’t matter which exception they use to sign him as it’ll likely be a min deal but the years would matter, unless they plan to use the whole MLE at some point but this seems unlikely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I've forgotten something, but do we need to use an exception at all to sign Jones? IIRC you can always sign a player to a vet minimum contract (without needing an exception, even if over cap). Presumably that's all Jones is going to get anyways...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I've forgotten something, but do we need to use an exception at all to sign Jones? IIRC you can always sign a player to a vet minimum contract (without needing an exception, even if over cap). Presumably that's all Jones is going to get anyways...
    If they want to sign him for 3+ years then they'll have to use the MLE.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Very good news

Not a bad signing at that price.

BTW - I checked that weather report. Not a single cold day in the forecast.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles looked fine last year when Aldridge and Poeltl were out. Averaged something like 15 and 7, IIRC.

Loading up on traditional centers is useless in today's NBA. Someone like Lyles can easily be a third string center.
    At the guy who once proclaimed DeRozan's "range started at 15" and is now spouting small sample size counting stats without context pretending I'm stuck in the past because I said something that's true.

Skillsets/body types of C's have changed (which is why plenty of converted or would have in the past been PF's now play it), but the need for 3 hasn't. Where bigs have lost jobs is more so at PF, which has mostly become a big wing position.

It'd make sense if Teeds were stuck back in 95. He acts like the Spurs have never won a le.
    Beats pretending they win it every year, claiming they have the talent to contend and acting like their pseudo stars belong in the same sentence as superstars and stars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beats pretending they win it every year, claiming they have the talent to contend and acting like their pseudo stars belong in the same sentence as superstars and stars.
    I actually don't think it does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid signing.

Much better then Poodle.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

11/2019: "Always Keep A Shooter Witchu!!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ yup already building chemistry for that bench unit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Already preparing to be traded together...

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why people hate Eubanks, seems like a good dude and actually tries to get better. If he can hit that 3 point shot more frequently they I don't see why he can't have a good long career as a bench big.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why people hate Eubanks, seems like a good dude and actually tries to get better. If he can hit that 3 point shot more frequently they I don't see why he can't have a good long career as a bench big.
    I think you are misreading. I don't see general hating of Eubanks. Instead I see temporary guilt by association of Drew's grinding partner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably need to retire this old thread on Eubanks and start one that is ccurrent. If it stays current then isn't it eating up bandwitdth for our sponsoring owner (whoever that is)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a big fan of Eubanks. He's a tough, badass player who works hard. He hit a three last year that showed great form and touch and it seemed like he could definitely add that to his game. I don't want to give up on him, but the influx of bigs seems like the team might look the other way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a big fan of Eubanks. He's a tough, badass player who works hard. He hit a three last year that showed great form and touch and it seemed like he could definitely add that to his game. I don't want to give up on him, but the influx of bigs seems like the team might look the other way.
    I'm also a fan. I'm sure he knows he's an end of the bench type guy, but he gives it his all when his number is called and he tries to improve his overall game. Can't ask for more than that. Wish more players had his at ude. He's worked his way to be small cog in the spurs machine and I would hate to see him cut or even traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Eubanks. His first step is quicker than D White btw

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I like him to he is a solid bench player and a great person in the locker room I think everyone likes him - He has a great work ethic and is definitely putting in the time also he is a bruiser/enforcer which we really need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks won’t shoot a single 3 in a p&pop action with Forbes if he passes the ball that way. There are clips of Forbes practicing dribbling but what creation demands is not only ability to go through the defense but the passing quality to actually helping your teammates to score.

We are going to miss DeRozan so much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn it's going to be a long season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks won’t shoot a single 3 in a p&pop action with Forbes if he passes the ball that way. There are clips of Forbes practicing dribbling but what creation demands is not only ability to go through the defense but the passing quality to actually helping your teammates to score.

We are going to miss DeRozan so much
    Whites a better and more willing passer than DeRozan ever was, and he doesn’t dribble into traffic without a plan like DD often did.

Thread Information