San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it will be fun starting out the season 1-5.

Also, how the did we end up with TWO Rodeo Road Trips this year?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3-7 over the first 10 games. Hopefully I’m way off.

Has Bally Sports figure out how to partner up with streaming platforms like Hulu or YouTube? Any word on their app? Would be nice to not have to with mid quality alt streams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will be 4-16 by Dec 2nd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also....we get ONE nationally televised game (outside of NBATV which doesn't really count). ONE!?

Lakers have 26 nationally televised games...not counting NBATV.

I know we are expected to suck this year...but that's just embarrassing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also....we get ONE nationally televised game (outside of NBATV which doesn't really count). ONE!?

Eh, not only do the Spurs suck and exist in arguably the worst market in the NBA, but they don't have anyone of note on the roster. They deserve to have the least amount of nationally televised games for once.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it normal for the Spurs to have a giant road trip in January as well as the RRT?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Ace!

Gotta admit, when we were contenders, the schedule announcement was cool. Predicting the records, look at the big games, the Rodeo Road Trip, the end of season games that could determine seeding....

Now, well, it's lost a little of its luster. Sigh.
    Last edited by BillMc; 08-20-2021 at 11:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How many did they give us during the glory days? 5? But you're right. This sucks. You'd think the league would try and remind the world there is a team in south Texas, if for no other reason than regional brand awareness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That looks like a 1-0 start that will have Spurs fans excited for an unexpected playoff run ........ and then seven straight loses

Season series over with the Bucks by Halloween? Ouch.

If the Spurs are in tank mode by the end of the season, there are a lot of games against playoff teams so tanking shouldn't be hard.

If the Spurs are making a push for the playoffs, all those home games after the All-Star break would help.

Is it normal for the Spurs to have a giant road trip in January as well as the RRT?
    A random seven-game road trip in 11 days with three back-to-backs? WTF? That's more difficult this year's Rodeo Road Trip and probably as difficult on paper as any RRT in the last decade or so.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will I able to watch spurs games on Hulu or some other streaming platform this year ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry about it not going to be a NBA season due to the Delta which is killing everyone - The NBA is going to die as no one is going to go to games wearing mask and since all the Vaccine's have shown that they do not stop you from getting Delta they will stop you from dying if your not to old but your still going to get sick and probably develop Pneumonia and long term lung damage - Biden is doing an outstanding job....well done in Afghanistan to is he still on vacation though? The carrot on the top was Harris going to Vietnam exactly the same time Afghanistan fell.

Oh and get ready for the new Lamda Variant which is coming to you soon from Peru.;...................

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care what the schedule looks like. All is see is L, L, L, L, L, L, L, L, L, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking for 26 wins... still looking...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the two long road trips and home stands aside....this schedule is ass.

We play Dallas 3 times before December. We don't see Houston until late January, of course they let Houston have half a season to gel and grow chemistry before we see them. No New Orleans until mid-December and no Memphis until the end of December. How about better spacing of our divisional opponents? Both Milwaukee games are at the beginning of the season, which could be a blessing in a way now that I think about it.

if our team can play solid defense, I feel we can be a compe ive team. however, I do not see us winning a lot of game this season. My personal over/under is at 25 games, and I see us at most, barely squeaking over the over and at least being in the high teens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the two long road trips and home stands aside....this schedule is ass.

We play Dallas 3 times before December. We don't see Houston until late January, of course they let Houston have half a season to gel and grow chemistry before we see them. No New Orleans until mid-December and no Memphis until the end of December. How about better spacing of our divisional opponents? Both Milwaukee games are at the beginning of the season, which could be a blessing in a way now that I think about it.

if our team can play solid defense, I feel we can be a compe ive team. however, I do not see us winning a lot of game this season. My personal over/under is at 25 games, and I see us at most, barely squeaking over the over and at least being in the high teens.
    If we only win 25, Pop will have to come back for another season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That looks like a 1-0 start that will have Spurs fans excited for an unexpected playoff run ........ and then seven straight loses

Season series over with the Bucks by Halloween? Ouch.

If the Spurs are in tank mode by the end of the season, there are a lot of games against playoff teams so tanking shouldn't be hard.

If the Spurs are making a push for the playoffs, all those home games after the All-Star break would help.

A random seven-game road trip in 11 days with three back-to-backs? WTF? That's more difficult this year's Rodeo Road Trip and probably as difficult on paper as any RRT in the last decade or so.
    The fauxdeo road trip ends with 5 in 7 days. you NBA.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iirc the league has made a concerted effort to have longer road trips and longer home stands. What I would like to see is how many miles the Spurs will travel with this schedule compared to past (pre-COVID) seasons. I would imagine it's a big step down.

For example, I only see four one-game road trips, and one of those is right next door (Houston). By contrast, 2015-2016 had 10 of these and 2016-2017 had 13, though I didn't check to see how many of those were Dallas or Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At Denver then fly back to play MIL back to back is brutal lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First back to back only the second game in?! Yikes!

Its pretty hard to see 26 wins on this schedule right now so I guess we will have to see Pop once again next year.

Hope not...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m actually happy to see 82 games back!
    a little normalcy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any word on if the preseason games will be televised? IIRC the Spurs didn't produce their home ganes the last few seasons and only the road games were available on ILP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I remember the Lakers getting 14, or something close to that, pre-Lebron when they had a horrible team. Yeah, there's absolutely no respect for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First back to back only the second game in?! Yikes!

Its pretty hard to see 26 wins on this schedule right now so I guess we will have to see Pop once again next year.

Hope not...
    Hard to see more than 26...very true.

Thread Information