My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Great signing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, great signing.

Dk why all the overpaid overhyped players get all the ink and this guy is under the radar.

Quite sure he will vastly outperform recently signed Spurs Poodle. And Aldridge at 24 mil a year or whatever he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id...christian-wood

News: 3 days agoWood and the Rockets have come to terms on a three-year, $41 million contract, Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN reports.

Spin: Wood was one of the more intriguing players in this year's free-agent class. He has put up big numbers when he has had the chance during his young career, but there have been concerns about his defense and focus. However, the Rockets are going to give him a chance, and he now projects as their starting center. He averaged 13.1 points, 6.3 rebounds, 0.9 blocks and 0.9 triples across 21.4 minutes with the Pistons last season.

B+ and certainly better than the junk Spurs FO going after and signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't affect the outcome. Just another name on the roster.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Good athlete. Good size, length, skills combination for a big man in today’s game. Proved he can put up good numbers on bad teams with little accompanying talent. Uncertain how he plays on playoff caliber teams when he cannot just stat pad and not worry whether his play impacts winning or losing.

Nice bag for an undrafted player who put up one good partial season worth of production. I’d have preferred the Pistons kept him. The price might be a touch more than I’d have been comfortable giving him. But if they had kept him at that price, I wouldn’t have hated it.

Rumors suggested that it wasn’t just his talent or on court production that was the reason for him going undrafted or his failure to stick with any other NBA team before the Pistons last season. Possible at ude, work ethic issues. If those are no longer concerns, he could be a really good pick-up for Houston.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proved he can put up good numbers on bad teams with little accompanying talent. Uncertain how he plays on playoff caliber teams when he cannot just stat pad and not worry whether his play impacts winning or losing.
    He won't have to worry about that, Houston isn't going to get for Westbrook and Harden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who is Christian Wood

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    who is Christian Wood
    2018 All NBA g-league second team, truly a coveted talent tbh

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who is Christian Wood
    A better player than LMA.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    who is Christian Wood

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Finally nice to have some 7 footers again

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He looked good. Maybe his emergence, along with Boogie and John Wall will convince Beard to stay?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He looked good. Maybe his emergence, along with Boogie and John Wall will convince Beard to stay?
    He still seems set on leaving. Silas’ offense though actually has him moving off the ball. If he stays he and Wood would be nice off the pick and roll. If he is traded give me Simmons though there are questions about if he works on his game in the summer

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The mix of midrange and 3’s in the offense is nice though rather than strictly 3’s. ing D’antoni got rid of shootarounds 3 years ago lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He still seems set on leaving. Silas’ offense though actually has him moving off the ball. If he stays he and Wood would be nice off the pick and roll. If he is traded give me Simmons though there are questions about if he works on his game in the summer
    He'd be dumb to leave. When Phil Jackson took MJ off the ball and installed the triangle the Bulls took off.

Iso ball will win you a few reg season games, but notice how ineffective he was vs the Lakers in the bubble playoffs. When teams game plan it's not that hard to stop an iso player (especially if you have the horses to do it). Silas understands that. Harden doesn't and it's sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mix of midrange and 3’s in the offense is nice though rather than strictly 3’s. ing D’antoni got rid of shootarounds 3 years ago lol
    good, they can get rid of that gimmicky offense which is great for early reg season but always gets exposed against better teams/in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who is Christian Wood
    I take this back, after seeing his highlights he seems legit. Much better than the we have on Spurs roster (Vassell excluded)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be dumb to leave. When Phil Jackson took MJ off the ball and installed the triangle the Bulls took off.

Iso ball will win you a few reg season games, but notice how ineffective he was vs the Lakers in the bubble playoffs. When teams game plan it's not that hard to stop an iso player (especially if you have the horses to do it). Silas understands that. Harden doesn't and it's sad.
    This x 1000

Phil used to pull the same on the Spurs in the 4 down days. He would just start throwing Shaq + bodies at Timmy in the 4th and we rarely had any answers other than in 2003.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This x 1000

Phil used to pull the same on the Spurs in the 4 down days. He would just start throwing Shaq + bodies at Timmy in the 4th and we rarely had any answers other than in 2003.
    That was easy for him to do, The Holting Pattern (tm) kept surrounding Tim with in the early (and later) days. They lucked into Manu and Tony being HOFers, otherwise Tim would have bolted probably. 2003 kept him here, but after 2002 the Spurs needed serious help. Stephen Jackson also really helped that year. No Jack, no Kerr, no 2003 ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take this back, after seeing his highlights he seems legit. Much better than the we have on Spurs roster (Vassell excluded)
    Spurs are a dumpster fire.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Watching him being able to finish in traffic was nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still can't believe the Rockets got him for as cheap as they did, or even that Detroit gave him up

Thread Information