Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump used to say other leaders were laughing at us. That was bull then but it’s real now.

Donald Trump would be wiser to acknowledge losing the U.S. presidential election and quit, Czech President Milos Zeman, an early Trump supporter, said on Thursday.

Zeman, one of the few European politicians who backed Trump before his 2016 election victory but who made no such endorsement this year, told news website www.parlamentnilisty.cz that while it was possible to demand recounts and go to court, Trump should take a different route.

“I personally believe that it would be much more reasonable to give up, not to be embarrassing, and allow the new president to take office,” he said.
    https://ca.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idCAKBN27Z1LN

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost everyone outside of Trump nation agrees

Banned
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Zeman compared Trump’s candidacy to that of Ronald Reagan, a former actor who was “openly mocked” by opponents.

“And yet he was one of the greatest American presidents,” Zeman opined

Odd. This guy is speaking from both sides of his mouth for some reason. Maybe bitter he was never invited to the White House.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zeman compared Trump’s candidacy to that of Ronald Reagan, a former actor who was “openly mocked” by opponents.

Odd. This guy is speaking from both sides of his mouth for some reason. Maybe bitter he was never invited to the White House.
    I doubt it. Trump got exposed in his almost 4 years as POTUS and the election was a rejection of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt it. Trump got exposed in his almost 4 years as POTUS and the election was a rejection of him.
    He only got exposed to COVID. We did not learn anything new about Donald Trump. Saying he was exposed is saying everyone thought he was different, but no one who ever saw him more than a couple times thought he'd be different. The dude got 70m votes, that's more than Obama ever got and 2nd all time only to Joe Biden. What got exposed was the fact that wealthy, non-politicians can wreak havoc on a delicate government system if the opposition doesn't get out to vote against them. There are plenty wealthy old white men who would have done about the same as Trump, the "you cannot ever tell me what to do" types. Trump is basically Charlie Sheen without the drug addiction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He only got exposed to COVID. We did not learn anything new about Donald Trump. Saying he was exposed is saying everyone thought he was different, but no one who ever saw him more than a couple times thought he'd be different. The dude got 70m votes, that's more than Obama ever got and 2nd all time only to Joe Biden. What got exposed was the fact that wealthy, non-politicians can wreak havoc on a delicate government system if the opposition doesn't get out to vote against them. There are plenty wealthy old white men who would have done about the same as Trump, the "you cannot ever tell me what to do" types. Trump is basically Charlie Sheen without the drug addiction.
    Embarrassed on your behalf for this one, tbh.

May want to consider deleting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embarrassed on your behalf for this one, tbh.

May want to consider deleting.
    You lost me at "triggered".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.thetimesnews.com/opinion...e-this-winning

Posted May 6, 2017 at 2:03 PM
    Updated May 6, 2017 at 2:03 PM

WASHINGTON — Actors Charlie Sheen and Donald Trump are like twins separated at birth. Both became rich and famous — by hook in one case and by whatever in the other — each to his own mind born to win.

“You decide to win and you win,” said Sheen in a 2012 interview following his Vesuvian meltdown.

“We will have so much winning ... that you may get bored with winning,” candidate Donald Trump said a few years later.

And so, it came to pass.

Trump’s big win came Thursday when the Republican-led House of Representatives, having voted more than 50 times to repeal Obamacare, finally mustered a squeak-by vote to pass the American Health Care Act, aka Trumpcare.

Afterward, the giddy crew bused over from Capitol Hill to the Rose Garden to celebrate their victory with Trump, the winner in chief.

“We don’t have to talk about this unbelievable victory -- wasn’t it unbelievable? -- so we don’t have to say it again,” the president said to the jubilant gathering.

Said Sheen of his own winning streak, “It’s a good start. ... It puts me in the zone of winning. I win here, I win there ... you are in it to win.”

For those who may have missed the Sheen “winning” streak and the meme that resulted, by all means pay a visit to YouTube. Sheen’s lax syntax isn’t much removed from Trump’s bewildering elocutions.

“Winning in what sense?” the interviewer asks Sheen.

Sheen: “Just winning. They can say that [I’m losing], but what kind of car are they driving?”

Trump: “How am I doing? Am I doing OK? I’m president. Hey, I’m president! Can you believe it?”

Winning, you see, is everything to people who see themselves as winners. In Trump’s case, it was always about winning the office, beating the others, and never about governance. Though he is a teetotaler and Sheen was a big mess, both measure their successes by the ac ulation of material goods — grand houses, gorgeous women, cars, jets, boats and money.

Undergirding both temperaments, addictive in nature, is an impetuous grandiosity likely born of low self-esteem, which I infer from extensive study and interviews with several psychoanalysts, rather than personal accreditation.

“What we have is something very, very, incredibly well-crafted,” Trump boasted about a bill he undoubtedly hasn’t read and probably doesn’t understand. Not his job, he’d likely say. His job as the chief executive is to delegate, which is what Barack Obama did when he handed off health care reform to then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

Nearly every criticism Republicans hurled at Democrats at the time is boomeranging back the other way. When Pelosi famously said, “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it,” Republicans guffawed and milked the phrase forever after. When House Republicans passed their replacement bill Thursday, some who voted for it admitted to not having read it.

When Trumpcare was brought to a vote before the independent Congressional Budget Office had time to evaluate it, Republicans responded: We have to pass the bill before we can know how much it costs — and maybe not even then.

Whatever small victory Republicans celebrated was premature and surely will be short-lived. Still in its infancy, Trumpcare faces a predictably slow Senate overhaul that could last months. Then follows the reconciliation process, which could delay things until the 2018 midterm elections. Democrats got s acked in the 2010 midterms largely because of Obamacare. Remember those charming town hall meetings when the hollering hordes insisted that the government keep its hands off their Medicare?

Fast-forward and imagine the madness in 2018 when millions face losing their health care coverage — and even Republicans recognize that proposed health savings accounts are nitwittery. Almost six in 10 Americans don’t have $500 in savings, according to a January Bankrate report. Yet, Congress expects them to sock away up to $6,000 a year for future health costs? Pure fantasy, but what would one expect from a body of legislators, half of whom (as of 2014) were millionaires?

For Trump, winning is and always has been the endgame. It’s his iden y, his mantra, his campaign promise, his aphrodisiac, his drug of choice, his raison d’etre. Passing Trumpcare was hasty and, by many accounts, ill-prepared — but the president’s winning narrative, the same that got him elected, got a needed, if temporary, boost.

And that, my friends, is what all the hooplas and huzzahs were all about.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Trump has the money and cajones to be a populist politician. There are countless yes-man out there and Biden is simply the one currently chosen because of his dwindling life span (1 term).

It will be atleast 4 years til the USA is feared again. Don't confuse foreigners happiness for respect. We know you are lining up to kiss our ass again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You lost me at "triggered".
    Yeah. Everyone is super triggered about trumps historic loss. The second 1 term president in 30 years is really difficult

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump has the money and cajones to be a populist politician. There are countless yes-man out there and Biden is simply the one currently chosen because of his dwindling life span (1 term).

It will be atleast 4 years til the USA is feared again. Don't confuse foreigners happiness for respect. We know you are lining up to kiss our ass again.
    no one fears the US anymore.

Trump killed it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Reagan had outstanding leadership qualities that made it easy to rally behind him. The problem was that his policies sucked ass.

Trump is an idiot and a horrible communicator.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    no one fears the US anymore.

Trump killed it.
    Time for another Obama style apology Tour. Crawl back to Paris and tell everyone how you will wreck your industries for those kids suffering in China

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time for Obama style apology Tour. Crawl back to Paris and tell everyone how you will wreck your industries for those kids suffering in the 3rd World
    Too late. Trump brought on the final ascendance of China and hegemony isn't coming back.

Trump's miserable failure ended the US. Decline and dictatorship to follow. All because you thought this bankrupt failure would help your whites.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.thetimesnews.com/opinion...e-this-winning

Posted May 6, 2017 at 2:03 PM
    Updated May 6, 2017 at 2:03 PM

WASHINGTON — Actors Charlie Sheen and Donald Trump are like twins separated at birth. Both became rich and famous — by hook in one case and by whatever in the other — each to his own mind born to win.

“You decide to win and you win,” said Sheen in a 2012 interview following his Vesuvian meltdown.

“We will have so much winning ... that you may get bored with winning,” candidate Donald Trump said a few years later.

And so, it came to pass.

Trump’s big win came Thursday when the Republican-led House of Representatives, having voted more than 50 times to repeal Obamacare, finally mustered a squeak-by vote to pass the American Health Care Act, aka Trumpcare.

Afterward, the giddy crew bused over from Capitol Hill to the Rose Garden to celebrate their victory with Trump, the winner in chief.

“We don’t have to talk about this unbelievable victory -- wasn’t it unbelievable? -- so we don’t have to say it again,” the president said to the jubilant gathering.

Said Sheen of his own winning streak, “It’s a good start. ... It puts me in the zone of winning. I win here, I win there ... you are in it to win.”

For those who may have missed the Sheen “winning” streak and the meme that resulted, by all means pay a visit to YouTube. Sheen’s lax syntax isn’t much removed from Trump’s bewildering elocutions.

“Winning in what sense?” the interviewer asks Sheen.

Sheen: “Just winning. They can say that [I’m losing], but what kind of car are they driving?”

Trump: “How am I doing? Am I doing OK? I’m president. Hey, I’m president! Can you believe it?”

Winning, you see, is everything to people who see themselves as winners. In Trump’s case, it was always about winning the office, beating the others, and never about governance. Though he is a teetotaler and Sheen was a big mess, both measure their successes by the ac ulation of material goods — grand houses, gorgeous women, cars, jets, boats and money.

Undergirding both temperaments, addictive in nature, is an impetuous grandiosity likely born of low self-esteem, which I infer from extensive study and interviews with several psychoanalysts, rather than personal accreditation.

“What we have is something very, very, incredibly well-crafted,” Trump boasted about a bill he undoubtedly hasn’t read and probably doesn’t understand. Not his job, he’d likely say. His job as the chief executive is to delegate, which is what Barack Obama did when he handed off health care reform to then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

Nearly every criticism Republicans hurled at Democrats at the time is boomeranging back the other way. When Pelosi famously said, “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it,” Republicans guffawed and milked the phrase forever after. When House Republicans passed their replacement bill Thursday, some who voted for it admitted to not having read it.

When Trumpcare was brought to a vote before the independent Congressional Budget Office had time to evaluate it, Republicans responded: We have to pass the bill before we can know how much it costs — and maybe not even then.

Whatever small victory Republicans celebrated was premature and surely will be short-lived. Still in its infancy, Trumpcare faces a predictably slow Senate overhaul that could last months. Then follows the reconciliation process, which could delay things until the 2018 midterm elections. Democrats got s acked in the 2010 midterms largely because of Obamacare. Remember those charming town hall meetings when the hollering hordes insisted that the government keep its hands off their Medicare?

Fast-forward and imagine the madness in 2018 when millions face losing their health care coverage — and even Republicans recognize that proposed health savings accounts are nitwittery. Almost six in 10 Americans don’t have $500 in savings, according to a January Bankrate report. Yet, Congress expects them to sock away up to $6,000 a year for future health costs? Pure fantasy, but what would one expect from a body of legislators, half of whom (as of 2014) were millionaires?

For Trump, winning is and always has been the endgame. It’s his iden y, his mantra, his campaign promise, his aphrodisiac, his drug of choice, his raison d’etre. Passing Trumpcare was hasty and, by many accounts, ill-prepared — but the president’s winning narrative, the same that got him elected, got a needed, if temporary, boost.

And that, my friends, is what all the hooplas and huzzahs were all about.
    Yeah That's the guy you ran a blocking scheme on front of for four years here

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

I predict he will be out in a year or so. Kamala is inserted. And whenever the media decides to do their job and give her a tough question, she cackles awkwardly and informs the reporter that she's black and listens to hip-hop.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Too late. Trump brought on the final ascendance of China and hegemony isn't coming back.

Trump's miserable failure ended the US. Decline and dictatorship to follow. All because you thought this bankrupt failure would help your whites.
    Your review of Trump is that his 4 years were immensely influential and left a lasting mark on America and the World's future. My review of Obama's 8-year tenure is he didn't leave a lasting impression outside Obamacare.

Are you sure that is your intention?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I predict he will be out in a year or so. Kamala is inserted. And whenever the media decides to do their job and give her a tough question, she cackles awkwardly and informs the reporter that she's black and listens to hip-hop.
    An un-elected President would be a whole nother level for this nation's civil unrest. I dearly hope it doesn't occur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refresh my memory, how did Trump handle it when the Media did their job and asked him a tough question?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An un-elected President would be a whole nother level for this nation's civil unrest. I dearly hope it doesn't occur.
    Lol wut?

You're an idiot

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Lol wut?

You're an idiot
    I am saying Kamala, not Biden kiddo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your review of Trump is that his 4 years were immensely influential and left a lasting mark on America and the World's future. My review of Obama's 8-year tenure is he didn't leave a lasting impression outside Obamacare.

Are you sure that is your intention?
    Obama marginally improved the lives of Americans.

Trump destroyed America.

Glad you agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you don't know about American history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am saying Kamala, not Biden kiddo.
    You're saying an un-elected president would be a whole nother level of civil unrest. Wtf are you blathering about, whitey?

Thread Information