San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this imply anything for Lyles now?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, "overpay." Look at the ing market.

We got our new whipping boy, at least. I can't wait to avoid this forum again because of all the insufferable chodes.
    Dude stop being rational!!!!! Did you forget where you were posting???? A lot of real deep thinkers in here....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team has really sucked the joy out of being a fan. I’ve never seen such an overall fall from grace from a once revered front office.

Yeah Jakob isn’t catastrophic in and of itself; but it’s a continuation of a trend of really poor decision making and doing Jack right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this imply anything for Lyles now?
    Trey Lyles will be coming back. This Poeltl contract juuust fits inside of the luxury tax threshold with Lyles still rostered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this. Poeltl is more valuable than any of you naysayers think and he *is* part of the rebuilding core for me. Its a contract that we will look back in the future and appreciate it more, I am sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All right. So this is the Capulator link for the off-season so far, including signing the picks, Eubanks, Poeltl and assuming Weatherspoon gets signed to fill the roster in addition to waving Metu and Zeller (the latter of which hasn't happened as far as I know but will). Quinn obviously may not be signed, but if he's not the team is close enough to the tax where a vet min might put them over. This is very much a case where SA could go into the season with 14 guys and only sign a final player.

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?...60891805678277

As you can see, it's really close to the tax line (the one for 2019). There's some difference with how big the exceptions will be and such. But there's so little room. The Spurs would've struggled to sign Jakob for even a million more per year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this. Poeltl is more valuable than any of you naysayers think and he *is* part of the rebuilding core for me. Its a contract that we will look back in the future and appreciate it more, I am sure.
    Yeah because it's a tradeable one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only if the cap explodes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is incompetent
    Yeah, give me the cap space instead. Hopefully he'll remain as tradeable as others proclaim he'll be if that salary cap space is needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, then...

Line-up at the start of the season will probably look like:

Murray/ Lonnie/ Tre
    White/ Mills/ Vassell
    DeMar/ Keldon/ Q
    Lyles/ Gay/ Samanic
    Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprised tbh, especially when you see what other bigs were getting today.
    Montrese Harrell is getting virtually the same money and he's much better.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles is here to stay. He's in all the HEB fits, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, give me the cap space instead. Hopefully he'll remain as tradeable as others proclaim he'll be if that salary cap space is needed.
    You said you'll be posting an article about cap space soon, right? Not sure why it's so important.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also go ahead and try to lock White up now. Anything below $16 Million in the first year is worth it. It'll drop SA below a max-level contract next summer, but it's worth not seeing how much he can make on the open market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team hasn’t proven they can trade

And for trading purposes cap space > Jakob as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aww too bad, so they can’t afford Forbes anymore? Damn!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All right. So this is the Capulator link for the off-season so far, including signing the picks, Eubanks, Poeltl and assuming Weatherspoon gets signed to fill the roster in addition to waving Metu and Zeller (the latter of which hasn't happened as far as I know but will). Quinn obviously may not be signed, but if he's not the team is close enough to the tax where a vet min might put them over. This is very much a case where SA could go into the season with 14 guys and only sign a final player.

As you can see, it's really close to the tax line (the one for 2019). There's some difference with how big the exceptions will be and such. But there's so little room. The Spurs would've struggled to sign Jakob for even a million more per year.
    Yeah this was literally about as high as the Spurs could go while keeping Lyles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills getting moved you figure?
    I don't believe they'll move anyone right now. They should be able to get to 15 without doing so, and unless they get a good deal, it makes sense to wait until after the season starts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team has really sucked the joy out of being a fan. I’ve never seen such an overall fall from grace from a once revered front office.

Yeah Jakob isn’t catastrophic in and of itself; but it’s a continuation of a trend of really poor decision making and doing Jack right.
    Choosing Tim Duncan over Keith Van Horn doesn't make you revered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Montrese Harrell is getting virtually the same money and he's much better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe they'll move anyone right now. They should be able to get to 15 without doing so, and unless they get a good deal, it makes sense to wait until after the season starts.
    Aww man. I can't wait for another year of waiting to see what they'll do only for them to predictably do nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also go ahead and try to lock White up now. Anything below $16 Million in the first year is worth it. It'll drop SA below a max-level contract next summer, but it's worth not seeing how much he can make on the open market.
    Agreed. Lock up White now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sportrac has Carroll's dead money higher fwiw, an extra $ 182,387

who is correct between two sites, I can't say

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. It needed to happen anyways but now that you’ve screwed best case might as well lock up someone actually important

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Losing Poeltl impacts the development of the young guards and wings, I feel. You can't count on Eubanks, as much as I like him, and certainly not Lyles, as much as I don't.

In the end, the denizens on this board are some of the biggest ups around. I'm surprised timvp is blowing this one, too, but he makes mistakes sometimes.

Thread Information