Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really curious how LMA will be used now. Traded? Reduction in minutes? Hope he shoots 3s? It’s weird having 3 centers to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aww man. I can't wait for another year of waiting to see what they'll do only for them to predictably do nothing.
    But all that cap space and tradeable assests!! Why does no one want our trash!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this. Poeltl is more valuable than any of you naysayers think and he *is* part of the rebuilding core for me. Its a contract that we will look back in the future and appreciate it more, I am sure.
    Did he suddenly develop a jumper that I'm not aware of?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, I think the people who are unhappy with this deal extends beyond Poeltl’s worth but the implications it places on the roster moving forward.
    Yes, it’s looking likely Marco and Forbes are gone...but that means you have the same team the majority was clamouring to see last year, which didn’t happen until the bubble and some injuries to key rotation pieces.
    Again I’m sure there is more to it but I understand the frustration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team hasn’t proven they can trade

And for trading purposes cap space > Jakob as well
    I like Poeltl. Good player, good guy, etc. But I wish the Spurs would actually pick a strategy. Not trading on draft day made me think that the strategy was to open a ton of cap room. But now after signing Poeltl? I don't know what they're doing and don't see a clear path to a winning strategy. This half-rebuild, half-stay-the-course strategy doesn't have much discernable direction.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs were being nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, I think the people who are unhappy with this deal extends beyond Poeltl’s worth but the implications it places on the roster moving forward.
    Yes, it’s looking likely Marco and Forbes are gone...but that means you have the same team the majority was clamouring to see last year, which didn’t happen until the bubble and some injuries to key rotation pieces.
    Same team, but Spurs are banking on growth and featured roles for the young guns to change the results.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really curious how LMA will be used now. Traded? Reduction in minutes? Hope he shoots 3s? It’s weird having 3 centers to me.
    My guess is go into the year with what we have now. Seriously doubt the Spurs make any big moves for DDR or LMA. It's not their way. If the season crashes and burns immediately for them, we may see trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA had a real path to a max deal next season and they punted that chance for a non shooting backup Center in the modern NBA. Couldn’t be me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he suddenly develop a jumper that I'm not aware of?
    A jumperless center who plays good all round defense at both the rim/perimeter, is almost always a net plus on the court when he plays and can be a good P&R partner for our developing guards. You should be aware of these things if you are a Spurs fan who watches Spurs games.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are they really gonna employ four centers in 2021 with LMA, Jak, Lyles, and Eubanks? I'd think LMA would be on the move, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Poeltl. Good player, good guy, etc. But I wish the Spurs would actually pick a strategy. Not trading on draft day made me think that the strategy was to open a ton of cap room. But now after signing Poeltl? I don't know what they're doing and don't see a clear path to a winning strategy. This half-rebuild, half-stay-the-course strategy doesn't have much discernable direction.
    Is this copy pasta

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are they really gonna employ four centers in 2021 with LMA, Jak, Lyles, and Eubanks? I'd think LMA would be on the move, right?
    In what universe is Trey Lyles a center?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sportrac has Carroll's dead money higher fwiw, an extra $ 182,387

who is correct between two sites, I can't say
    I don't know that either is correct, but I just typed in a number that looked right.

That extra $200k is okay, though, because there's a bit more wiggle room in the number than the Capulator suggests. The rookie scale did not increase this year, which is basically noted in the numbers. But the min should not have increased as well. That alone is $130K. Then Eubanks' deal is probably too high because I calc'd his deal using his total value but wasn't able to account for his higher increases. So even before potential set-off, the Spurs should be okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same team, but Spurs are banking on growth and featured roles for the young guns to change the results.
    Something tells me the results won't be much different for better or worse with DDR, LMA, and Gay taking 50 shots a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles will be the starting PF unless something changes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised timvp is blowing this one, too, but he makes mistakes sometimes.
    Hopefully I'm wrong about this signing and it looks great in retrospect. I'd be pretty shocked, though, unless there's something more to the story like Aldridge being traded. As it stands, I can admit this is very fair compensation to Poeltl in a vacuum but in context, it just doesn't fit any sort of strategy I can see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the half rebuild part?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt it. This FO is predictable and lazy. They don’t like to make trades...much less big trades. Just like they usually always just pick guards and euros in the draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don’t understand....... our fans need to stop acting like en led little broads. I’m still waiting for someone to name that franchise/front office that is better than ours! #prisonersofthemoment . Example: Phoenix in 2017 drafted josh Jackson #4.... marinate on that!!! Yet we ing about Demarre Carrol ��������

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA had a real path to a max deal next season and they punted that chance for a non shooting backup Center in the modern NBA. Couldn’t be me.
    They still have one if they're willing to risk not extending White. Look at that Capulator link I sent and mess around with the holds for next off-season. Poeltl alone doesn't prevent anything. He just signed for like $2 or $3 Million more than he was expected to. Him not being on the books at all wasn't really in the plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something tells me the results won't be much different for better or worse with DDR, LMA, and Gay taking 50 shots a game.
    Replacing Bryn and Beli is 20 wins added to last year's total.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A non-jumperless center who plays good all round defense at both the rim/perimeter, is almost always a net plus on the court when he plays and can be a good P&R partner for our developing guards. You should be aware of these things if you are a Spurs fan who watches Spurs games.
    You should also be aware the game has changed drastically to the chagrin of bigs like Poetl.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl might be a bit over paid, but he knows the system and the limit to his abilities. The Spurs based off of their draft picks they focusing on defense. Poeltl is a defensive old school center, he sets great screens, rebounds and block shots. A poor man Steven Adams at half the price.
    If he can learn to shoot jumpers at least mid range this is not a bad deal at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the half rebuild part?
    Drafting players and giving them featured roles in the offense rather than starting vets over them. At most SA, might be able to sneak a vet into the last spot. But that player can block out everyone.

Thread Information