Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad game from Poodle. His offensive limitations really shine on a team that already struggles to score. The only silver lining is that he’s only 25. Splitter didn’t hit his stride til his late 20’s either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate Gobert, but I am offended by him with the whole "?% Gobert" take, the difference in talent is so big that it is a useless battle.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve seen enough. Drew Eubanks is better at every facet of the game. Start him over this charmin soft pussy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad game from Poodle. His offensive limitations really shine on a team that already struggles to score. The only silver lining is that he’s only 25. Splitter didn’t hit his stride til his late 20’s either.
    Poodle has peaked. He's unskilled, unathletic, can't shoot beyond two feet and plays defense by fouling the opponent. He's only going to get worse with age.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor man’s Tiago Splitter minus the health issues
    Don't insult Tiago like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy needs to be constantly kicked in the ass?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob would be more offensively productive if D. White ran the offense sets more. White has more of an point gaurd court vision and IQ. I really like DJM and think that he should undoubtedly be part of the starting lineup but he shouldn't control the ball more than White does. Problem with that is, DJM is not as reliable as White is as a spot up or catch and shoot player so he has to handle the ball more. Poo has dummied down DJM playbook so that he can be a plus contributor and not commit untimely turnovers and most of his assists are from dummied down set up pick and pop plays. If his teammates jumper is falling he'll end up with 6 to 9 assists, if their jumper isn't falling he usually ends up with 2 to 3 assists. If D. White handled the ball as much as DJM, he would probably average about 8 to assist a game and get other players easier shots rolling or cutting to the basket. I still believe DJM should start, especially for defensive purposes but - Just Saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said that Poeltl’s lack of offense would hurt us if we started him next year sans Demar. But nope everyone here on me saying his defense was great and how dumb I was. He doesn’t need to be able to score. He effects the game positively in other ways that will offset his lack of being able to make a lay up. Hey what do you know? I was right all along and all these Poodle slurpers are quiet as a ing church mouse right now. They won’t even show up in this thread to defend their man

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said that Poeltl’s lack of offense would hurt us if we started him next year sans Demar. But nope everyone here on me saying his defense was great and how dumb I was. He doesn’t need to be able to score. He effects the game positively in other ways that will offset his lack of being able to make a lay up. Hey what do you know? I was right all along and all these Poodle slurpers are quiet as a ing church mouse right now. They won’t even show up in this thread to defend their man
    Huh? Demar was out.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In his defense, he keeps the ball moving and sets solid screens so the team offense is more than just 1-1. But yeah, obviously, his own offensive skills are limited. But is getting blown out all on him? Until White regains his footing, the team is going to be over reliant on DD to get the offense moving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? Demar was out.
    No he was out. I was saying that Poeltl can’t be a starter next year if Demar leaves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're playing 4 on 5 with him on offense. Not only the worst FT shooting in history, but like someone said can't attempt anything outside 2 feet. Worst offensive center hands down since David Robinson left. Rasho, Nazr, Tiago, McDyess, Kurt Thomas, Dejuan Blair. All had something to show on offense.

I'm not crushing Poetle. His defense is good.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he was out. I was saying that Poeltl can’t be a starter next year if Demar leaves.
    Oh my bad i thought that you were arguing the same point as Drunkford. If Demar leaves and we don't sign anybody? If we sign a 3 point shooter can he start?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my bad i thought that you were arguing the same point as Drunkford. If Demar leaves and we don't sign anybody? If we sign a 3 point shooter can he start?
    I mean his defense is solid so he can start if we have enough offense. But the problem i foresee is that none of the young guns know how to handle an offense when the opposing teams are focused solely on them. Like right now Demar is the feature guy. Love him or hate him, he is who opposing teams look to stop first. Demar gets the double teams or goes in the teeth of the paint to find others. Nobody else on the team is consistent in this area.

The simplest solution is for Poodle to just learn to shoot from 6 feet in. I don’t need a jumper from him. As well as he positions himself defensively, he needs to do the same on offense. Too many times he is out of place when he is close to the basket. I mean the dude couldn’t even finish an ally oop. So next year would be really tough with him starting. But Poeltl hasn’t showed himself to be an off-season warrior and I’m not sure how realistic it is to expect him to improve on offense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, and that is what pisses me off about Poodle he wants minutes but yet he is not putting in the work in the off season. He got a new contract and yet he could not find time to work on his 50% free throw shooting and it shows as now it's 30% and again ZERO offensive moves.

But I don't want to beat a dead horse so I will try and refrain from talking negatively about Poodle - I hope he improves but "Hope" is not a good plan so definitely looking at upgrading either through draft or free agency

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, I'm just going to come out and say it, but IMO the ceiling with this guy starting at center isn't very high. It's going to be a very low ceiling if the Spurs think this guy is a starting center on a playoff team IMO. If they want to go with that, then then need 4 shooters out on the floor with him, which again, brings me to the point I made when someone said the other day that the Spurs are at their worst in 1st and 3rd quarters. Who plays most of the minutes those quarters? The starters, so when is Pop going to actually start a ing starting line-up that makes more sense? Why is he continuously starting guys like Lyles that shouldn't be starting? If he wants to improve the performance of the team in the 1st and 3rd quarters, how about stopping with those re ed line-ups. I still think the Spurs would have been better if they continued to start Luka instead of Lyles.

I'm sorry, as much as I like KJ, he also can't shoot for . His threes are looking worse and worse by the day.

So how about tying a starting 5 or something like

Jakob
    Luka
    Vassell
    White
    Murray

or

Jakob
    Luka
    Walker
    White
    Murray

Have some shooters out there. If KJ keeps bricking 3s this badly, he's going to have to go to the bench and be an energy guy, or the Spurs need to bench Jakob and get a better shooting center.

Can't keep trotting out three guys that can't shoot (Jakob, KJ, Trey, and to a certain extent, Dejounte still isn't a reliable 3 point threat) and expect to get better performances in the 1st and 3rd quarters. Spurs were blown out in the third quarter (same crappy starting line-up that I wanted him to scrap last game). I've lost respect for Pop ever since the big 3 and Kawhi bolted. He does not look like a very good coach at all. I started hating some of his decisions with the big three, but it seems he's getting worse and worse.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean his defense is solid so he can start if we have enough offense. But the problem i foresee is that none of the young guns know how to handle an offense when the opposing teams are focused solely on them. Like right now Demar is the feature guy. Love him or hate him, he is who opposing teams look to stop first. Demar gets the double teams or goes in the teeth of the paint to find others. Nobody else on the team is consistent in this area.

The simplest solution is for Poodle to just learn to shoot from 6 feet in. I don’t need a jumper from him. As well as he positions himself defensively, he needs to do the same on offense. Too many times he is out of place when he is close to the basket. I mean the dude couldn’t even finish an ally oop. So next year would be really tough with him starting. But Poeltl hasn’t showed himself to be an off-season warrior and I’m not sure how realistic it is to expect him to improve on offense
    Offensively we would not survive either way unless one of those guys gets better or we acquire another shot creator Poeltl or not. Poeltl ensures we have a top 10 defense whatever roster construction we choose to go with. No other player making 9 mil can replicate that. Bang for the buck improvement offensively is in the perimeter. A top 10 offense and defense is the winning formula, Jakob single handedly ensures 1 of those things.

We are focusing too much on Jakob because he is the easiest one to single out offensively but if you compare based on positions Keldon hurts our offense more.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are people seriously considering poetl a starter for the future? I understand giving the guy the opportunity to show what he’s got in a throwaway season, but he absolutely is not a starting level player in the nba. A solid backup? Sure. The best option for the time being? Yes. The center for this team’s future? GTFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are people seriously considering poetl a starter for the future? I understand giving the guy the opportunity to show what he’s got in a throwaway season, but he absolutely is not a starting level player in the nba. A solid backup? Sure. The best option for the time being? Yes. The center for this team’s future? GTFO.
    I went through the list of starting C's in the NBA for each team and he's honestly only better then maybe 4-5 of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offensively we would not survive either way unless one of those guys gets better or we acquire another shot creator Poeltl or not. Poeltl ensures we have a top 10 defense whatever roster construction we choose to go with. No other player making 9 mil can replicate that. Bang for the buck improvement offensively is in the perimeter. A top 10 offense and defense is the winning formula, Jakob single handedly ensures 1 of those things.

We are focusing too much on Jakob because he is the easiest one to single out offensively but if you compare based on positions Keldon hurts our offense more.
    no way

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mother ers on here really think this scrub is Rudy Gobert unbelievable.. he’s closer to Greg Ostertag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is simply a mirage type who puts up defensive stats and seemingly better effort against those not very good and is incapable of anything on either side of ball when going up against the elite. Do you trust him if Spurs hang onto a playoff spot? Not buying it. Bench him.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the questions re: Yak, but it’s become a defense of DD indirectly. I get that too, but DD is very inconsistent as well, and we could have gotten blown out even if he was playing. I agree that we need playmaking and 3 point shooting. But I don’t want to move away from defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly Poeltl's FT woes (missing 1 of 2 last night) are the overwhelming reason for the loss.
    the 3pt differential (4-21 at 19% vs 15-29 at 52%) is not a comparable impact on the game..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gobert just got 20+28!

Thread Information