Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to understand the whole argument. It's the energy that Eubank brings vs Poeltl being complacent.
    I already said Poeltl can be very talented if and when he wanted to.
    Poeltl is not lazy. That‘s bull . He‘s second in contested shots in the league (per 36), 6th in totals. You mistake energy with aggressiveness. Lack of motivation was never a problem for Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was just laughing at how you describe Eubanks game.

Eubanks is shooting 44% from the field. You can't say Poeltl should be more like Eubanks. Your funny.

If you watch a lot of Drew what is his signature move?
    Does Poeltl have a signature move? He can’t even hit his FT’s
    Really the only thing that Poeltl has over Drew is he’s a 7 footer and Drew is 6’9.
    Drew has more bball skills than Poeltl

Again the point is Poeltl needs to bring it every night. We have 35 pages of this thread that says he doesn’t. He can’t even make his FT’s in the 1st 20 games of the season and playing hot potato with the ball. And in my opinion if he plays the same aggressiveness as 6’9 Eubanks, Poodle would be so much better.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh man. That‘s the point to stop the discussion. You have a very limited understanding of what a bb skill is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really the only thing that Poeltl has over Drew is he’s a 7 footer and Drew is 6’9.

Again the point is Poeltl needs to bring it every night. We have 35 pages of this thread that says he doesn’t. He can’t even make his FT’s in the 1st 20 games of the season and playing hot potato with the ball. And in my opinion if he plays the same aggressiveness as 6’9 Eubanks, Poodle would be so much better.
    The guy with the signature move is finishing at 44%. Poeltl is finishing at 67%. That’s better than Shaq. At some point, you need to say “oh, the eye test failed me” and come off this foolishness.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks’ lack of skill is his weakness. Great motor and athleticism. Yak is so much more natural out there and the offense is smoother with him initiating pick and rolls. Is he great individually in isolation? No. But this isn’t a game of one on one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy with the signature move is finishing at 44%. Poeltl is finishing at 67%. That’s better than Shaq. At some point, you need to say “oh, the eye test failed me” and come off this foolishness.
    Poodle avg about 6pg attempts for a starting C. Shaq avg over 20 pg attempts. And most are from postups, not just dish inside like Poodle gets. No comparison.
    Again don’t confuse the “signature moves.” I wasn’t the one who introduced that. My point is Poeltl is complacent. If he has the same aggressiveness as 6’9 Drew, Poodle would be so much better.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poodle avg about 6pg attempts for a starting C. Shaq avg over 20 pg attempts. No comparison.
    Again don’t confuse the “signature moves.” I wasn’t the one who introduced that. My point is Poeltl is complacent. If he has the same aggressiveness as 6’9 Drew, Poodle would be so much better.
    I agree that Yak would be much better with the motor of Eubanks, not to mention his vertical pop.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just asking if you knew Drew signature move ( which he has ) since you assume I don't follow Drew and watch his games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old school hook shot
    Or throw it down hard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean his defense is solid so he can start if we have enough offense. But the problem i foresee is that none of the young guns know how to handle an offense when the opposing teams are focused solely on them. Like right now Demar is the feature guy. Love him or hate him, he is who opposing teams look to stop first. Demar gets the double teams or goes in the teeth of the paint to find others. Nobody else on the team is consistent in this area.

The simplest solution is for Poodle to just learn to shoot from 6 feet in. I don’t need a jumper from him. As well as he positions himself defensively, he needs to do the same on offense. Too many times he is out of place when he is close to the basket. I mean the dude couldn’t even finish an ally oop. So next year would be really tough with him starting. But Poeltl hasn’t showed himself to be an off-season warrior and I’m not sure how realistic it is to expect him to improve on offense
    If they can sign John Collins or an equivalent player (offensively) they automatically make things easier for Poeltl & the other young players.

He was showing before Young showed up that he can be a near 20 - 10 guy, while having a better defensive system and teammates - although, honestly Atlanta does have some talented defenders - could help him improve on that end (as well as bulking up a bit).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just asking if you knew Drew signature move ( which he has ) since you assume I don't follow Drew and watch his games.
    I don’t know Drew’s signature move . Hook shot? All I know is he likes to dunk on people baddd, and swat shots. This whole argument stems from Poeltl not giving it every night imo. He came back fromthe break not able to shoot FT’s. He got outmuscled by Porzingis, outplayed by Nicholas Claxton. While Drew seems to improve every year. And people seems to forget that Drew is 6’9 and overachieving.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest issue with Drew is his height if he where two inches taller he would be a great backup I like him and his energy but I would have no problems picking a Center in this years draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know Drew’s signature move . Hook shot? All I know is he likes to dunk on people baddd, and swat shots. This whole argument stems from Poeltl not giving it every night imo. He came back fromthe break not able to shoot FT’s. He got outmuscled by Porzingis, outplayed by Nicholas Claxton. While Drew seems to improve every year. And people seems to forget that Drew is 6’9 and overachieving.
    Its a bold choice going for Drew over Poodle. Even I wouldn’t do it. But I get where you’re coming from. Drew brings energy and dunking on people instead of going up soft as . Drew is also a try hard which Poodle isn’t. Dude spent the first month getting in shape and learning how to play bc he didn’t pick up an effing basketball all off-season and people just want to sweep that under the rug. Poeltl needs to show he is mature enough to take basketball seriously at all times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakobs job is be a threat on the dump off pass and finish when necessary, play excellent defense, and give us a double double type effort every single night.

If he does those things, we are in a good position to win basketball games. The defense is there. He needs to find more confidence and consistency with his offense but it will come.

Anyone clamoring to give up a legit DPOY caliber center without any clear replacement or attainable center to play in his place is just talking to hear themselves think. He’s also a year older than dejounte and a year younger than Derrick. He’s not done developing.

This is my take today, tomorrow, it will continue to be my take. If Jakob puts up 25 and 10 in our next game it will be my take, if he forgets how to play basketball and puts up 2/5 with 6 turnovers it will
    be my take. Bump the thread, say whatever you want. Time will prove me right.
    Take still stands.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shutting me up these last two games.. 20 & 16 tonight, and easily an A+ game grade

Hope he keeps it up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B-But Poeltl can't close out games or make FTs!!
    Poeltl can't be a starter for a playoff team!!
    Doesn't put in the effort
    Can't score for
    Doesn't have a go-to move
    Worse than Eubanks

This thread is easily one of my favorites on the forum, tbh. Such copious stupidity, hot takes, and lack of understanding of basketball in such little pages

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been ramping up his aggressiveness lately. Maybe it's starting to "click" for him like it did with Dejounte. Dejounte was a poor finisher his first few years in the league, then he found the right angles. With Poeltl, maybe he realizes he can jump higher or attack the basket with ferocity like Eubanks. Having Eubanks must be a big plus in practice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B-But Poeltl can't close out games or make FTs!!
    Poeltl can't be a starter for a playoff team!!
    Doesn't put in the effort
    Can't score for
    Doesn't have a go-to move
    Worse than Eubanks

This thread is easily one of my favorites on the forum, tbh. Such copious stupidity, hot takes, and lack of understanding of basketball in such little pages
    Yeah but can he shoot 3s? Checkmate atheists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Yak. Glad he's back. Defense, defense, defense. Refreshing af to see it being emphasized after years of worrying about "spacing".

ST thinks everyone is overpaid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The games where Poeltl acts as a defensive anchor for the team, perfect PnR partner for our most efficient guard in White, and also an occasionally good offensive presence when he's on? Yeah, sure isn't backing up those stats...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shutting me up these last two games.. 20 & 16 tonight, and easily an A+ game grade

Hope he keeps it up
    2 good scoring games? That's it? Points?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls had his and the Spurs number early. Jak stood in their like a man and continued the fight and then it turned and the floodgates opened.

Him and the other young Spurs are so fun to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is a high end role player, but a role player non the less. He will have these 20 pts games and he also will have some 4 pts games. That's just the nature of every role player ever. People needs to stop ing everytime he has those 4 pts games. Poeltl isn't in the team to provide offensive consistency, he's there to provide defensive consistency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poooodle ing power!

Thread Information