Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Spurs Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably find a way to blow this chance for a win. Team has to be demoralized by the farce that is the FO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably find a way to blow this chance for a win. Team has to be demoralized by the farce that is the FO
    Let's hope so. Remember that if you want a superstar on this team, you aren't likely to sign one in free agency. You might be able to trade for one, but it is going to take a lot of the current, marketable players on the team to get that. The best shot at improving for a small market team is through the draft lottery. Spurs have been great at drafting and developing players into adequate NBA players. But of the last, great run, the secret to the Spurs success was drafting a lottery player. First getting David Robinson and then getting Tim Duncan. True we stole Manu and Tony when the rest of the world thought Euros couldn't star in the NBA, but that loophole for talent is closed. Now you have to get lucky in the draft and develop. We need to lose to get the generational talent we need to become a contender. We should be on a 3 year plan to draft that guy and surround him with talent to win.

The championship player that we need is not currently on this roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls will be out for revenge after their choke job last week. Spurs lose by double digits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls by 20+

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no shot if vucevic is active for tomorrow. slight chance if not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vucevic is playing. Another L. Let's get that 9-game losing streak

Walker and Diop remain out, the guy we traded for is out as well. Cam Johnson will be active as he just signed a 10-day contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over/under in Vegas at the beginning of the year for the Spurs was 28. You think they beat that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Peak After March

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hope so. Remember that if you want a superstar on this team, you aren't likely to sign one in free agency. You might be able to trade for one, but it is going to take a lot of the current, marketable players on the team to get that. The best shot at improving for a small market team is through the draft lottery. Spurs have been great at drafting and developing players into adequate NBA players. But of the last, great run, the secret to the Spurs success was drafting a lottery player. First getting David Robinson and then getting Tim Duncan. True we stole Manu and Tony when the rest of the world thought Euros couldn't star in the NBA, but that loophole for talent is closed. Now you have to get lucky in the draft and develop. We need to lose to get the generational talent we need to become a contender. We should be on a 3 year plan to draft that guy and surround him with talent to win.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree with pretty much all of this. This is why I've been posting lately that I just do not understand why guys like Lonnie and Luka aren't getting more court time (they've both shown some great flashes lately and I believe they need more court time/experience right now). It's a waste of time playing the vets if you're going to lose the games anyway. This team will never get back to championship level if they continue with this approach of just trying to squeak back into the playoffs. If they feel like that can get a superstar in free agency or via trade, then I am OK with it, but if they can't, they should just develop the young guys and try and draft that player in the top end of the lottery.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PFFT! And by the farce that is themselves. They are likely not being coached decently at all but they aren't playing with any tenacity either. Timid, low-energy sons of guns. It's not just PATFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with pretty much all of this. This is why I've been posting lately that I just do not understand why guys like Lonnie and Luka aren't getting more court time (they've both shown some great flashes lately and I believe they need more court time/experience right now). It's a waste of time playing the vets if you're going to lose the games anyway. This team will never get back to championship level if they continue with this approach of just trying to squeak back into the playoffs. If they feel like that can get a superstar in free agency or via trade, then I am OK with it, but if they can't, they should just develop the young guys and try and draft that player in the top end of the lottery.
    Yeah but can Pop get the alltime winning record though by playing the young guys? Or do the vets get him there faster? That's really the question here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs gonna shut down the new lavine/vuc picNroll

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but can Pop get the alltime winning record though by playing the young guys? Or do the vets get him there faster? That's really the question here
    He's 36 wins away... it's going to take next season to reach that so either the vets or young guys will get him there in that time frame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Criss playing tonight?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Criss playing tonight?
    He might be better with a broken leg than 70% of our current roster.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might as well tank the season and get rid of every one that wants to leave and start fresh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DeMar is here to stay, boys

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish Luka would get more minutes, but I get why he isn't. Same with Vassell. I think they aren't because we are still in the playoff picture. So Pop is going to play veterans until that window closes. Still, other young guys are getting good minutes, including Keldon and DJM and Walker when he's healthy. Once the Spurs fall out of the playoff picture, and they will given their schedule and the hope that the teams behind them get it together, then Spurs will rest veterans and the young guys will get minutes. That will contribute to losses because in a pinch Luka looks good, but he's not good enough to win games and get the Spurs in the playoffs. But losing is winning from my perspective because winning right now means a high lottery pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish Luka would get more minutes, but I get why he isn't. Same with Vassell. I think they aren't because we are still in the playoff picture. So Pop is going to play veterans until that window closes. Still, other young guys are getting good minutes, including Keldon and DJM and Walker when he's healthy. Once the Spurs fall out of the playoff picture, and they will given their schedule and the hope that the teams behind them get it together, then Spurs will rest veterans and the young guys will get minutes. That will contribute to losses because in a pinch Luka looks good, but he's not good enough to win games and get the Spurs in the playoffs. But losing is winning from my perspective because winning right now means a high lottery pick.
    I agree that we'll fall out of the race and then play those young guys....I think we'll find out that we're a better team with those young guys than the vets..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka has been a positive every minute he's on the floor, not sure where you get that impression. IMO, Pop pulls him whenever he makes a single mistake so he doesn't form bad habits. Not a method many agree with, I know.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka has been a positive every minute he's on the floor, not sure where you get that impression. IMO, Pop pulls him whenever he makes a single mistake so he doesn't form bad habits. Not a method many agree with, I know.
    Well, I think everyone has an opinion and I'm not saying I'm right. But my take is that Rudy knows where to be, makes less mistakes, is a leader on the court, and is a more confident and diverse scorer right now. So he should get minutes over Vassell or Luka if you are trying to make the playoffs this year. I think Gay is a terrific player. I'm surprised no contender made an offer for him, but I guarantee if he is bought out, he will be a high demand player. He's perfect for a playoff team with a legit shot at a le. He's just not worth what the Spurs would ask to trade him, most likely.

I think if Luka gets more minutes and same with Vassell, they will have great moments that will get Spurs fans excited, but I don't think they can sustain that play for an entire game with the ball in their hands. They are still complementary pieces while Gay is the main man off the bench. They aren't ready for his role yet, but when the playoffs go away and winning becomes bad, it is the perfect time to give them that role and let them start to grow into it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Getting Leonard at #15 was as brilliant a front office move that you can find in the last 10 years. They massively developed him his first 3 years into what's probably a top 4 player in the game behind James, Harden, Curry, and maybe Durant if he actually gets on the court. You'd love to see what the org can pull off with a top 5 drafted player.

Thread Information