View Poll Results: What is the most exciting thing for this upcoming season?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keldon in a featured role

39 48.15%
  • Vassell's impact as a rookie

11 13.58%
  • Luka Samanic's development

14 17.28%
  • Lonnie's development

6 7.41%
  • White solidifying himself as one of the top players

11 13.58%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2021 Draft

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing based on how this team is constructed. I want them to tank. I'd rather just buyout Aldridge and DeRozan than roll with them next season since the Spurs couldn't find a draft day trade for them. It's re ed to try to win 35 games and up lottery positioning, especially in a season where you're not going to be able to have fans attending anyways. So having a dog team this year isn't going to attendance up any more than having a pretty ty team will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Forbes, Belli, and hopefully Patty are really gone then I guess that'll be a nice improvement. But you'll still have old vets like DD/LMA/Gay to take away touches from the young guys which sucks...

Also, Pop's coaching the last few years has been soul sucking to say the least, legit one of the worst coaches in all of sports since Nephew left tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing based on how this team is constructed. I want them to tank. I'd rather just buyout Aldridge and DeRozan than roll with them next season since the Spurs couldn't find a draft day trade for them. It's re ed to try to win 35 games and up lottery positioning, especially in a season where you're not going to be able to have fans attending anyways. So having a dog team this year isn't going to attendance up any more than having a pretty ty team will.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Pop is not going to restrict LMA and DEROZZ minutes as they are VETS and it’s there contract year so he will let them get there 30+ minutes of TV time every game. And you know I am cool with cause I think that should put us around a 5 - 10 draft pick. I am hoping they start the season off terrible cause I think the season will only last a month so teams draft will be off that month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoping Johnson and Vassel turn out to be beasts otherwise there is really nothing to look forward to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka. If Luka takes off, we have an entirely different team. We know what most of the rest of the positions are going to give us. We know that Vassell will bring better D than we had and any offensive efficiency he brings will be icing on the cake. But we don't know about the underperforming PF spot held by Lyles and Luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My fav moments in upcoming season: 8th seed, 1rnd exit, late pick in a draft, lma&ddr gone for nothing, using cap space to overpay old vets. CANT WAIT. IM SO EXCITED THAT I JUST CANT HIDE IT.
    You are way to optimistic. This team isn’t making the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being another year closer to pop leaving

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are way to optimistic. This team isn’t making the playoffs
    i wish spurs aint make PO in upcoming season and have a top5 pick. but unfortunately theres a chance. spurs were pretty close this year and next year will probably be with healthy LMA, with more minutes for white/keldon/lonnie etc and without forbes/belli which should improve spurs game a little.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flopovich retiring after it’s done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wish spurs aint make PO in upcoming season and have a top5 pick. but unfortunately theres a chance. spurs were pretty close this year and next year will probably be with healthy LMA, with more minutes for white/keldon/lonnie etc and without forbes/belli which should improve spurs game a little.
    LMA will not remain healthy.

The FO in their infinite wisdom has decided to stack up thousands of guards. I am not a LMA fan and want him traded but this team relies way to much on LMA to carry all of the front court load. And he has no real replacement or backup (lol at Poetl, Eubanks, Lyles, Gay). He’s old and will be relied upon even more this next season. A reasonable observer can easily see a LMA injury coming.

The LMA injury will give the pop apologists a scape goat for the bad season. Just for the record, I don’t think we make the playoffs with a healthy LMA much less an injured LMA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One question I have is with LMA heart issue is do you see him playing before he gets the Vaccine shot? If I am him I don’t know if I suit up until I get that shot since he might be able to get in a month or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excited about the youth in general but mostly excited about what is hopefully a rapid improvement in defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being another year closer to pop leaving

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One question I have is with LMA heart issue is do you see him playing before he gets the Vaccine shot? If I am him I don’t know if I suit up until I get that shot since he might be able to get in a month or two.
    Good question. Hard to say how each player will handle the COVID issues. I’d lean toward him playing though. He’s never seemed to be one to out of games like kawhitter

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Mostly excited to watch the young guys, and (hopefully) not have to watch Forbes or Marco. Spurs defense should increase tenfold just by way of them not playing.

i would not be happy at all if Spurs stood pat with the 4 older high paid players on the roster. But if they kept all of them, i do believe at the very least SA has a shot to make the playoffs. but that's assuming Pop learned from what he saw in the bubble and plays lineups that make sense. with Klay's injury, houston imploding, and OKC blowing it up, Spurs have a shot to sneak in as an 7th-8th seed. a small shot though, admittedly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mostly excited to watch the young guys, and (hopefully) not have to watch Forbes or Marco. Spurs defense should increase tenfold just by way of them not playing.

i would not be happy at all if Spurs stood pat with the 4 older high paid players on the roster. But if they kept all of them, i do believe at the very least SA has a shot to make the playoffs. but that's assuming Pop learned from what he saw in the bubble and plays lineups that make sense. with Klay's injury, houston imploding, and OKC blowing it up, Spurs have a shot to sneak in as an 7th-8th seed. a small shot though, admittedly
    If that's the route they want to take they should at least sign a starting caliber PF. But they are sitting around doing nothing as usual

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    If that's the route they want to take they should at least sign a starting caliber PF. But they are sitting around doing nothing as usual
    agree. i'm holding out hope for crowder but based on the deals we're seeing so far i dont think the MLE will be enough. not sure who else is even out there. spurs may be better of looking at overseas talent tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my prediction...assuming harden gets traded to nets or sixers

1-LAL
    2-Denver
    3-Utah
    4-LAC
    5-NOLA
    6-Dallas
    7-Suns
    8-GS
    ———-
    9-Portland
    10-Memphis
    11-SAS
    Last edited by Prime BEEF; 11-21-2020 at 01:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good ing question. I kinda think that's the primary reason he had the surgery and stayed out of the restart last year (uh, in August). Oh well, guess we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my prediction...assuming harden gets traded to nets or sixers

1-LAL
    2-Denver
    3-Utah
    4-LAC
    5-NOLA
    6-Dallas
    7-Suns
    8-GS
    ———-
    9-Portland
    10-Memphis
    11-SAS
    With better perimeter D, and a more uptempo flow from the get go, I think you'll be surprised at how much better this team looks. I could see them being only behind LAL, Denver, LAC, and maybe NOLA or Phoenix. I think a 5 seed is imminently doable, if healthy, and if we get something out of the PF spot. If not, they'll be right around the 8 seed.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our lottery pick next year...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs failed to make the playoffs with basically this same squad and ran it back.....lot of pressure on these young guys to make signifigant strides this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree. i'm holding out hope for crowder but based on the deals we're seeing so far i dont think the MLE will be enough. not sure who else is even out there. spurs may be better of looking at overseas talent tbh
    there's no way he leaves Miami unless the Spurs overpay him significantly. I don't see that happening. I think other than that all good PFs are gone

Thread Information