View Poll Results: What is the most exciting thing for this upcoming season?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keldon in a featured role

39 48.15%
  • Vassell's impact as a rookie

11 13.58%
  • Luka Samanic's development

14 17.28%
  • Lonnie's development

6 7.41%
  • White solidifying himself as one of the top players

11 13.58%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting a better gauge on Johnson. I feel like I more or less have a handle on the level the rest of the youth top out at and if/where they'd slot on a good team. He's the one it feels like has a non zero chance of being a star.

The other thing is, will they realize they collectively need to up their 3 point volume to make up for the departures of Forbes/Belinelli? Specifically, can Murray/Johnson shoot it at a high enough percentage/volume to garner some respect from defenses?

If so, they could have the necessary 3 and D to maximize an Aldridge/DeRozan core.
    It's a great point along (hopefully) with D. White's continued ascendancy as a pull up, high volume/high % 3PT threat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m looking forward to the Spurs benching or trading Murray. As for KJ, he’s already better than Lonnie and Dejounte. He’s fun to watch. White & Johnson should be the leaders of the team. Don’t kid yourselves about Samanic. He’ll be in Austin again most likely. He hasn’t shown any grit & will dry up soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not going to be excited till Pop, the greatest coach the Spurs ever had but has had his day, is gone. Nothing of significance developing players these motley players will happen under his watch.

Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Lonnie Walker is the forgotten man on this site. Here's a quick reminder of how much insane potential that kid has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Lonnie Walker is the forgotten man on this site. Here's a quick reminder of how much insane potential that kid has.

he got the highest ceiling out of all the prospects. Legit superstar potential, he just needs to put it all together

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually nothing to be excited about, have two stars wanting to be moved and the FO does nothing but pick up or recycle just ok parts. Plus Coach should have taken his HOF cred and step aside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yeah, man. Lonnie is my dark horse for next season. Of course I'm excited for Keldon, Luka, White et al, but Lonnie might be my favorite out of all the young players in this current Spurs squad. He's poised to make some strides next season, having worked a lot on his body and game (that is, if he's given the chance...). Can't wait to see him dunking on some fools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team effort, development, finding a combination that wins games, individual player development, the youngins are all interesting though I have fatigue with Murray. He’s the one I expect to come back the same but we’ll see. If he’s going to improve it has to show this season, a year removed from the injury and plenty of time to work on his game. The same fir everyone else. Vassell, and Samanic hopefully getting some time, just seeing if the bubble play is sustainable. I do worry about injuries. Seeing who is going to come out with a confident shot because whoever it is he’s going to get playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team effort, development, finding a combination that wins games, individual player development, the youngins are all interesting though I have fatigue with Murray. He’s the one I expect to come back the same but we’ll see. If he’s going to improve it has to show this season, a year removed from the injury and plenty of time to work on his game. The same fir everyone else. Vassell, and Samanic hopefully getting some time, just seeing if the bubble play is sustainable. I do worry about injuries. Seeing who is going to come out with a confident shot because whoever it is he’s going to get playing time.
    Feel about the same. Should be fun and the bubble was encouraging.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am happy with Forbes move. I hope we will stick to the offensive scheme we had in the bubble with LMA at center and Jacob as his back up. I hope we have enough young talent and it will force PATFO to trade Mills and Gay for someone young, athletic and still promising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka just needs to compete with Lyles and Gay.
    -Lyles gets playing time because he knows his rotations and the game plan to the T, not because he's super talented.
    -Father time is coming for Gay, so we might definitely see Luka at least replace him by the end of the season as a bench PF or by next season.

This is how I see the minutes distribution to be:

Murray (28)/ Lonnie (24)/ Tre
    White (28)/ Vassell (20)/ Mills or Q
    DeMar (28)/ Keldon (26)/ Q
    Lyles (20)/ Gay (18)/ Samanic
    Aldridge (26)/ Poetl (22)/ Eubanks

-On Vassell: for reference, Nephew received 24 minutes of playing time in his rookie year.
    -DJ, Lonnie, Poetl, and White all see +4 mins increase in playing time from last year
    -DeMar and LMA see -6 mins decrease in playing time from last year
    -Keldon sees +8mins increase in playing time from last year
    -I think your rotations are mostly how I see them. I don't see them playing Walker at the one and sitting Mills down for the bulk of the season. If that was there plan, then why not trade him? If they couldn't then why no release him or buy him out? That seems weird, then again that's been PATFO's M.O. for a while now.

-Walker playing the 1 is actually kinda interesting. He did show some play making ability and it would allow for Vassell to play consistently.

Still, I don't think that would be a good idea. Minnesota did that with LaVine to try and teach him the game but I think the Spurs would go about it differently. Maybe have him run some p&r's over the course of games with the goal of trying to make him a secondary ball handler going forward.

-I think Pop will play Murray and Walker over 30 mpg. He's never really unleased them before and this will be Murray's 5 season and White's 4th. They'll going to have to play big minutes at some point. If its the starting backcourt of the future, they need to see how it looks.

-I expect Lyles to be a nominal starter, ala DeJuan Blair. Maybe 18 mpg, and 18 mpg for Gay too. The other 10 minutes would likely go to DeRozan or even Luka in random 5 minute stretches of play.

-DeRozan and Aldridge playing less is something I hadn't considered. It would be sort of splitting the difference between trading them and tanking and keeping them and trying to compete. At least the players behind them could rack up more minutes.

-I could see DDR playing around 30 mpg and Aldridge playing closer to 27 mpg. Spurs will likely assess where they are ahead of the deadline and consider making moves then to get rid of Aldridge/Gay/ DeRozan Mills and open up playing time for the young guns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it would be easy to convince Aldridge to play less, since it's what we did with Tim. You just have to tell him that it will extend his career like it did with Tim. cd021

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it would be easy to convince Aldridge to play less, since it's what we did with Tim. You just have to tell him that it will extend his career like it did with Tim. cd021
    Aldridge may go for that. I bet DD doesn't want to limit his minutes. It's a contract year afterall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, he'll be 36 this season so maybe he'd be willing to see his minutes decrease. Going from around 32 mpg to around 27 mpg might extend his career.
    Then again, Aldridge has hinted that he doesn't plan to play for that much longer, gor all we know this might be his final season.

Maybe the Spurs gave Poeltl some assurances that he'd play more this season and then would be the starter going forward, so its possible that Aldridge does play significantly less.

DDR playing slightly less seems likely, same for Gay. Mills is interesting. If PATFO knew that he wouldn't be playing much this season, then why bring him back? He's not the type to pout but having him chill on the bench while other teams want him seems odd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like Lyles starting. I rather have DD at PF against most teams and Poeltl hasn't double bigs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like Lyles starting. I rather have DD at PF against most teams and Poeltl hasn't double bigs.
    Agree, move DDR to the 4. Roll with White, Lonnie, Keldon at 1, 2, 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far, we're seeing #1, #2, and #4.

Exciting season, Spurs fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka just needs to compete with Lyles and Gay.
    -Lyles gets playing time because he knows his rotations and the game plan to the T, not because he's super talented.
    -Father time is coming for Gay, so we might definitely see Luka at least replace him by the end of the season as a bench PF or by next season.

This is how I see the minutes distribution to be:

Murray (28)/ Lonnie (24)/ Tre
    White (28)/ Vassell (20)/ Mills or Q
    DeMar (28)/ Keldon (26)/ Q
    Lyles (20)/ Gay (18)/ Samanic
    Aldridge (26)/ Poetl (22)/ Eubanks

-On Vassell: for reference, Nephew received 24 minutes of playing time in his rookie year.
    -DJ, Lonnie, Poetl, and White all see +4 mins increase in playing time from last year
    -DeMar and LMA see -6 mins decrease in playing time from last year
    -Keldon sees +8mins increase in playing time from last year
    I predicted 26 mpg for Keldon.... he's getting 30 mpg (holy )

Predicted 24 mpg for Lonnie... he's getting 29 mpg

28 mpg for Murray... he's getting 31 mpg

Best of all... I predicted 20 mpg for Lyles... he's getting 10 mpg HAHA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We having it all this season, boys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a small sample size, but KJ and White really seemed to jell in the bubble. I hope that continues to grow as other compatible pairings emerge-- maybe Walker/Vassell, or Samanic/KJ. I'm still worried that Pop will play DDR 34 mpg. If that's not the case, I think it'll make a big difference, both for wins and development.
    Yep.

Thread Information