Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You miss understood the phrase "if they could.....Do it"... Are you one of the foreigners and English is not your native language. How do you misinterpret "if they could....DO it!!!"

If you are a foreigner it was used to emphasis how much I think they should sign white to trade him later....
    That’s literally not what you said “If the spurs can sign and trade him now for picks and an Expiring, DO IT!!!!”

That means “let’s see if you can sign him and trade him”. If you mean what you say you did, you should have said “I know they can’t sign and trade him, but they should explore trade options.”

Can & could have different meanings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they can get him to sign for less than 4/70 I’d be happy if they do it now. I think he’d gladly take it. Won’t mess up the cap situation next summer since it’s not too much above his cap hold. If he wants more he’ll have to prove he’s worth it.
    I agree with you 100%. I would def push (especially with Jakob deal) to get value now. If not ok not worse case since Sa can have more space that way even if it means paying him more. The value is do it now and I think DJM deal gets it done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Original thread for white extension

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ideal, like most of other posters wrote, would be a friendly contract...that, imho, has more than one chance to be given and accepted.
    White is a team player, not a big time guy able to create the shot by himself like, for example, DDR is. White is no all star and has no all star phisical skills but instead is a perfect example of a brain player, with good body skills, becoming important when his game is correctly developed and used.
    The line should be quite like DJM contract received, so comparable but just slighly better. The reason is that a) while extremely important for our team (and maybe actually being, all things considered, the most important player) White has never accomplished till now any nba goal (except being choose by Pop for USA team) while DJM was a second all nba defensive player before he signed then deal; b) White takes with him also an evidence of being not phisically strong enough to be considered a totally reliable player...in few words, while his role is big on the team (a lot bigger and more important than Murray's one, because he's been the real ball manager, with DDR, for our team), he's often injured (lets hope that in future will be just for minor injuries, like its been till now) so consequently his number of games and minutes played probably need to not be over the 30 per game just to save his body (lets remember that a good part of his defensive game is the good, but risky, tendence to use his body on defensive ways, gaining offensive fouls).
    The best contract imho? something just slighly better than DJM (for leadership reasons, considering he's gonna be with DDR our real point guard/forward, managing the ball).
    My number would be 16,5 per year (Murray is 16). So a 66 millions for four years...quite the same amount, if I remember well, of what Tony Parker received some years ago...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calm down ducks. This isn't the thread you were hoping for.
    Maybe it should've been, tbh. Better than overpaying some role player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing to remember is DJm has a lot of incentives in the deal. His deal also was signed when the league was expected to get more money over the next few years and they are counting on him to improve. White is close to what he will be. Yes he is a good player but his numbers are very close to DJM this last season. from what I have seen DJM also beings with him leadership. It may not be ball handle leadership but vocal. I see the leaders of the team being him and KJ. KJ is the guy they everyone on the team seems to love to be around. they all seem to get along good but his energy rubs off on people on brings everyone together.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White seems superior in almost every way. And his combine numbers were very good iirc. DJM is a player I mostly like but has less versatility so far unless he changes his approach and accepts a slightly different role, which I think he might. If he’s smart, he knows that he needs to learn how to play along with White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White seems superior in almost every way. And his combine numbers were very good iirc. DJM is a player I mostly like but has less versatility so far unless he changes his approach and accepts a slightly different role, which I think he might. If he’s smart, he knows that he needs to learn how to play along with White.
    DJM reminds me of a Michael Beasley... They're talented but they'd rather be famous/cool, which being in the NBA already does for them, on another level so bball comes 2nd to that. That's why they'll never live up to their potential; we already know Beasley didn't.

That contract they gave DJM was a big dud.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread

Folks actually thought White > Van Vleet. From re s like exstatic who believe Poeltl and White are better than Adams and Brogdon it’s expected but, damn.. lots of takes.

0-3 since he came back. From beating the Celtics and Nuggets to getting cream pied by Dillon Brooks and Desmond Bane. Keldon and Vassell losing playing time. Worst of all, our bench has looked horrendous after being elite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0-2 w White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0-3 if you count the game he got reinjured in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0-3 if you count the game he got reinjured in.
    Nah, jus this come back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The losses weren't White's fault, but we do seem a little out sorts adjusting to his return.

He was easily the reason we were a better team in the bubble than we'd been all last year. Pop needs to figure out a good rotation that can maximize his strengths. I'd start him and Murray and let Walker come off the bench. It will probably take Pop all season to figure that one out, though, as he seems to have an issue starting Murray and White together.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The losses weren't White's fault, but we do seem a little out sorts adjusting to his return.

He was easily the reason we were a better team in the bubble than we'd been all last year. Pop needs to figure out a good rotation that can maximize his strengths. I'd start him and Murray and let Walker come off the bench. It will probably take Pop all season to figure that one out, though, as he seems to have an issue starting Murray and White together.
    I agree. And it's a confusing situation. IIRC, Memphis gave us fits even when White was out with an injury, so this could be simply a Memphis issue specifically, compounded by the team not getting motivated for what they seem to perceive as lessor opponents.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As is Spurstalk tradition once a player signs a big extension. White is overpaid trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's fine, but like any other decent Spur he's overrated as by people here. He's a solid starter and nothing more. KJ has more potential.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same as Hali, White can be the ideal modern shooting guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem imo is trying to outscore the opponent instead of stopping them first. Inserting Mills every time to catch up is zero calories imo. What happened to Spurs mantra, defense? Keep pounding the rock!
    Put the best defensive players, stop the bleeding and let defense creates offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be great if the bench didn't have to bail out the ing starters for once.
    Imo because the 2nd unit is less structured, free style offense, which Pop said he was gonna do at the start of the season. Bubble style had our young cores attacking, and after that, attack again. They were not scared. They just balled. This team is NOT the beautiful team of Manu, TP, Diaw, Tiago. It’s way too much for the young guys to get. They’re thinking too much out there. Just let them loose.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John B to be honest will never see that type of talent and play in our lifetime just be glad you were alive to see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John B to be honest will never see that type of talent and play in our lifetime just be glad you were alive to see it.
    True

Thread Information