Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s been officially waived by Charlotte according to Shams.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch OKC sign him to an affordable two year deal, start him, rehab his value, and flip him for an asset at deadline. They'll try to do the same thing for George Hill and Al Horford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    1m
    Nicolas Batum plans to sign with the Los Angeles Clippers after he clears waivers, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good
    Can we close this thread now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. So Ainge gets nothing for Kyrie last summer and Hayward this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No risk signing for Clippers. If he follows the Diaw route, he could be a pretty good 5th guy in a Schroder, Kawhi, PG, Ibaka line up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No risk signing for Clippers. If he follows the Diaw route, he could be a pretty good 5th guy in a Schroder, Kawhi, PG, Ibaka line up.
    Schroder is with the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schroder is with the Lakers.
    Oh, ! Totally misremembered that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, with Boston getting a $28.5M trade exception out of the Hayward deal... Could they be the perfect trade partner for the Spurs at the deadline? They probably aren't too interested in keeping their picks, with so many new young players on the roster, and would love to acquire a strong vet that's also a good lockerroom presence, like both DD and LMA. I could see them wanting both - LaMarcus, to fill their obvious production void at the 5, and DD as a 6th man, bench floor general type of player (whether he agrees to that role would remain to be seen, though).

Here's to hoping they don't get any other better deals/offers...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    good pickup for the clips. he will be more comfortable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, with Boston getting a $28.5M trade exception out of the Hayward deal... Could they be the perfect trade partner for the Spurs at the deadline? They probably aren't too interested in keeping their picks, with so many new young players on the roster, and would love to acquire a strong vet that's also a good lockerroom presence, like both DD and LMA. I could see them wanting both - LaMarcus, to fill their obvious production void at the 5, and DD as a 6th man, bench floor general type of player (whether he agrees to that role would remain to be seen, though).

Ship just sailed. BOS got nothing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. So Ainge gets nothing for Kyrie last summer and Hayward this year
    Yeah man. They still hit on Brown and Tatum, but aside from maybe Rozier who was decent for while and later flipped for Kemba (who they’re now trying to trade) seems like a lukewarm return on that mighty draft picks war chest they once had

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ship just sailed. BOS got nothing.
    Uh, no they didn't...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. People still think this is 2010 or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge really misread the Kyrie and Hayward situations...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, no they didn't...

Yup: I misread the early reporting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I could see something thing like Grant Williams for Rudy Gay ( They don't really have any seconds of value and trading a first for Rudy seems like an overpay).

That, or, Aldridge for Theis and a 2021 first rounder.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see something thing like Grant Williams for Rudy Gay ( They don't really have any seconds of value and trading a first for Rudy seems like an overpay).

That, or, Aldridge for Theis and a 2021 first rounder.
    I could see them being interested in Gay, who'd fill a bigger positional need than Aldridge would.

Can't see them trading Williams though, who they're high on.

The offer would probably be more like Ojeleye and a 2nd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see them being interested in Gay, who'd fill a bigger positional need than Aldridge would.

Can't see them trading Williams though, who they're high on.

The offer would probably be more like Ojeleye and a 2nd.
    That's a bad return for Gay, even on an expiring. They don't own any good second rounders unless they go far out on the seconds, like 2026 and or 2027.

One would hope that Boston would be willing to trade a first given they have a bunch of previous firsts that they've yet to fully integrate into their rotation (Williams, Langford, Pritchard, Nesmith).

Maybe Gay for a top 20 protected 2021 pick that converts into 2 seconds, if it doesn't convey--which it almost certainly would.

Knowing the Spurs, however, they'd take a bad deal just to do right by Gay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a bad return for Gay, even on an expiring. They don't own any good second rounders unless they go far out on the seconds, like 2026 and or 2027.

One would hope that Boston would be willing to trade a first given they have a bunch of previous firsts that they've yet to fully integrate into their rotation (Williams, Langford, Pritchard, Nesmith).

Maybe Gay for a top 20 protected 2021 pick that converts into 2 seconds, if it doesn't convey--which it almost certainly would.

Knowing the Spurs, however, they'd take a bad deal just to do right by Gay.
    Yeah, the Spurs would only consider it if they're virtually out of reach for the play in by the deadline (obviously unlikely) and just wanted to do right by Gay.

His true value is probably more like a projected early 2nd or multiple 2nds.

Williams was close to fully integrated into the Celtics rotation by the end of the season and at least one of Nesmith/Langford will be in it by default.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the Spurs would only consider it if they're virtually out of reach for the play in by the deadline (obviously unlikely) and just wanted to do right by Gay.

His true value is probably more like a projected early 2nd or multiple 2nds.

Williams was close to fully integrated into the Celtics rotation by the end of the season and at least one of Nesmith/Langford will be in it by default.
    -Agreed. I see the Portland trade for Ariza as template-- 2 far out seconds, maybe the 2026 and 2027 2nds.

-I can't figure out whether their holding out for more for their vets or want to give Pop one last shot at it, but then again, their doesn't appear to be a G-league season and the Spurs are going to have to balance competing with giving players time to develop.

That being said, I think that if two far off seconds is the offer, then I think the Spurs would probably do that deal regardless of their play-in position. Some of that would be to wanting to do Gay a solid while also getting at least something for one of their vets, and also clearing out more playing time for other forwards on the team.

-Williams did start to get some minutes towards the end of the year and I think Nesmith could crack the rotation, given his shooting. If they get Gay, then he'd likely replace Williams in the rotation but Williams might be their backup forward of the future.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Agreed. I see the Portland trade for Ariza as template-- 2 far out seconds, maybe the 2026 and 2027 2nds.

-I can't figure out whether their holding out for more for their vets or want to give Pop one last shot at it, but then again, their doesn't appear to be a G-league season and the Spurs are going to have to balance competing with giving players time to develop.

That being said, I think that if two far off seconds is the offer, then I think the Spurs would probably do that deal regardless of their play-in position. Some of that would be to wanting to do Gay a solid while also getting at least something for one of their vets, and also clearing out more playing time for other forwards on the team.

-Williams did start to get some minutes towards the end of the year and I think Nesmith could crack the rotation, given his shooting. If they get Gay, then he'd likely replace Williams in the rotation but Williams might be their backup forward of the future.
    I think they just can't get enough for them to (in their minds) justify trading them and handing the keys to a group of young players without an obvious player(s) to hand it too. Obviously, they have to hope someone(s) emerges this season or that the team is bad/lucky enough lottery wise to end up with one.

I don't think they do Gay for two far off 2nds if they're "compe ive". Unlike 2/3, there's not an abundance of rotational options at the 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they just can't get enough for them to (in their minds) justify trading them and handing the keys to a group of young players without an obvious player(s) to hand it too. Obviously, they have to hope someone(s) emerges this season or that the team is bad/lucky enough lottery wise to end up with one.

I don't think they do Gay for two far off 2nds if they're "compe ive". Unlike 2/3, there's not an abundance of rotational options at the 4.

Spurs aren't as deep as they are at PF as they are at guard but I think they're going to use DeRozan more at the four this season.

Were they to trade Gay, they could either start DDR at the four or continue with Lyles starting and give spot minutes to Luka or Diop-- assuming their not a trainwreck and close halves with DeMar at the 4.

I don't put it past them to let all four of the vets play out the year and then let them walk though, despite as non-sensical as that is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't as deep as they are at PF as they are at guard but I think they're going to use DeRozan more at the four this season.

Were they to trade Gay, they could either start DDR at the four or continue with Lyles starting and give spot minutes to Luka or Diop-- assuming their not a trainwreck and close halves with DeMar at the 4.

I don't put it past them to let all four of the vets play out the year and then let them walk though, despite as non-sensical as that is.
    I don't see DeRozan as a starting four being viable throughout the course of a season. Unless you're otherworldly offensively, you need to be able to physically guard your position as a starter otherwise you get Forbes redux.

Me neither, though Mills could be re-signed (depending on whether he wants to go to a contender or not), while Aldridge and/or DeRozan could be signed and traded.

Thread Information