Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest splash we could make is in the hands of Chip Engelland and the development crew. Internal, not external.
    I think we must be seeing the context differently. As the draft approached, this board was on fire with the idea of trading up to the number two pick, and at that time I don’t think anyone thought a big splash would be for existing players to work on their shooting mechanics with Chip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we must be seeing the context differently. As the draft approached, this board was on fire with the idea of trading up to the number two pick, and at that time I don’t think anyone thought a big splash would be for existing players to work on their shooting mechanics with Chip.
    Trust me, I'm with you. Having a top 10 pick on your team would increase your confidence level in the future of the team. However, that came and passed and we have what we have. Perhaps that opportunity was never there. In the meantime, our org. is the best at developing players and I'm choosing to believe there will be a big step forward by one of our young guys, development-wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just the denizens here fooling themselves. If you look around, the big posters here aren't exactly very intelligent. What's worse is the minnows start following along after them for some reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just the denizens here fooling themselves. If you look around, the big posters here aren't exactly very intelligent. What's worse is the minnows start following along after them for some reason.
    There's also a problem of here of just throwing out personal insults at posters instead of trying to engage in healthy sports debate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop
    Likes to talk about life politics not sports

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good signing, he is big and can shoot and defend. This is what the team needs. Overlooked because he played in the Gleague and the season was canceled. Limited upside because he is 25, but he can play in this league and be a good replacement for Rudy Gay either this year or next on the cheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do Dennis and Dee Renolds come with?
    We don't need that stupid bird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't need that stupid bird.
    Kick her out of the bedroom...I would not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's also a problem of here of just throwing out personal insults at posters instead of trying to engage in healthy sports debate.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trust me, I'm with you. Having a top 10 pick on your team would increase your confidence level in the future of the team. However, that came and passed and we have what we have. Perhaps that opportunity was never there. In the meantime, our org. is the best at developing players and I'm choosing to believe there will be a big step forward by one of our young guys, development-wise.
    Vassell could easily be top 6, and very well be the best 3 and D of the draft imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell could easily be top 6, and very well be the best 3 and D of the draft imo
    No doubt about it. I was against him for being weak on on-ball defense, but today's NBA involves a lot of passing anyway so his great skill in disrupting passes will come in handy. Our perimeter D is going to be insane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we're gonna have a more defensive/hustle team next season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt about it. I was against him for being weak on on-ball defense, but today's NBA involves a lot of passing anyway so his great skill in disrupting passes will come in handy. Our perimeter D is going to be insane.
    No doubt Pop would fix Vassell’s on ball defense, and will make him an even better defender. But also, to mention Keldon will be a wrecking machine. He just loves the contacts, and he seemed to have gotten 1-2 inch taller and definitely bulkier. To me Keldon has the Kawhi-esque freaky athlete type. I seriously think those two will be the franchise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More scrubs. Awesome!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A true 3 and D?

7'1" wingspan
    At 6'7 with a 7'1 wingspan (both touted) do his knuckles drag the floor when he bends his knees??? Those numbers remind me of a previous draftee some yeaars ago ( name started with R??) who never made it. Wingspan is good--but better on someone 6'10 or better, eh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 6'7 with a 7'1 wingspan (both touted) do his knuckles drag the floor when he bends his knees??? Those numbers remind me of a previous draftee some yeaars ago ( name started with R??) who never made it. Wingspan is good--but better on someone 6'10 or better, eh?
    Kawhi was 6’7” with a 7’3” wingspan. Having a huge wingspan for your size is what pundits refer to as being ‘long’, and it’s considered desirable from a defensive point of view for steals and deflections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's a big difference by NBA standards, but it's not unheard of. Weatherspoon, Murray and Walker have like a six-inch difference too, and I think Hill had an eight-inch difference. The average for an NBA player is like three or four inches like with Danny Green. That's why folks call Samanic a T-Rex even though his WS is about the same as his height. That's just a bit below average in real life, but it's abnormally short in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another act of minor brilliance by an overall inept FO that has not made a move of significance at all this off-season although Forbes leaving is a nice positive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another act of minor brilliance by an overall inept FO that has not made a move of significance at all this off-season although Forbes leaving is a nice positive.
    Do you wake in the morning with your first thought being you hate your life?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cant wait till this guy shuts everyone down and becomes a nba star, he has a fast shooting stroke like Ray Allen. With a little work he may become something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cant wait till this guy shuts everyone down and becomes a nba star, he has a fast shooting stroke like Ray Allen. With a little work he may become something.
    He’s an exhibit 10 contract, which means he gets some guaranteed money, and the understanding is that he WILL be cut and wind up in Austin on a g-league contract, where he gets a bonus of like 50K if he stays past a certain date.

Put it this way: he and I aren’t all that far apart on the path to NBA s om.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    curious: what would you have done as GM? Given the limitations the FO faces and the obvious advantages that big markets have over mid- to small market teams like the Spurs?

To be clear, I don't kiss the FO's ass. They arguably could've supplemented Duncan's waning years with more talent but chose to overpay veterans, something I will never ever forget. They paid Gasol so much money. They arguably could've gotten a better haul for Leonard. Just curious as to what posters here would've done because clearly the trade machines don't take into account things like night life and spending limits by big market owners.

Thread Information