Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some idiot really said Spurs would be better than the clippers... Sometimes I really hate it here... Ppl like this is why our FO gets no accountability

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By default we will be better than the Kings and the Wolves, and Thunder. And better than 6 other EC teams as well. That puts us at about the 10th pick overall. LMA and DDR will be gone after that, as well as Gay, and Derrick White will be our oldest player. So when we re-sign Patty Mills, that will be a big reason why.

Even without our vets we will be better than the Wolves and still better than 5 other teams in the East minimum. So even by tanking we are still looking at the 7th or 8th pick. Which means we will have to make a trade in order to move up into the Top 5. This is why it’s important for us get something for our vets THIS year. I don’t care what it is but we need some ammo to move up in 2022 draft. Murray (or Lonnie), 7th pick and 2 additional first round picks is a lot more appealing than just a pick swap.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop plays the young players and re-creates the energy and magic of the bubble, so to speak, then I will call that a step in the right direction. Obviously, we aren’t a great team right now, but could be better than people think.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams that are better than San Antonio : Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, Golden State.

Teams that could be better : Houston, Suns, Mavs , Jazz, Blazers.

Teams in the same range : Pels, Grizzlies.

Teams that are worse : Sacramento, OKC, Minny.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop plays the young players and re-creates the energy and magic of the bubble, so to speak, then I will call that a step in the right direction. Obviously, we aren’t a great team right now, but could be better than people think.

I Think the same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some idiot really said Spurs would be better than the clippers... Sometimes I really hate it here... Ppl like this is why our FO gets no accountability
    Then get the out. There's no reason why we can't hope a team with your ing idol would crash and burn. Stupid Kawhi rider.

And quote me next time, you pussy.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 11-22-2020 at 10:25 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams that are better than San Antonio : Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, Golden State.

swap Warriors with Suns. Warriors are a .500 team. Suns will be better than Utah and Blazers. Houston will crash and miss the playoffs. Pels will rise. Grizzlies will fall flat as they will not be able to sneak up on anyone anymore. Spurs have as good a chance as any to be 5-6 seed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team does not stand a chance against the Lakers, Clippers, and suns

It would be a struggle, but they could, if they play on all cylinders, compete against the mavericks, blazers, and jazz.

They stand a chance against the warriors (no klay, no explosive threat outside of curry.), Timberwolves, pelicans(in my opinion), houston(they don't scare me), grizzlies, nuggets(they more often than not play them well), okc and sacramento

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Exactly this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team does not stand a chance against the Lakers, Clippers, and suns

It would be a struggle, but they could, if they play on all cylinders, compete against the mavericks, blazers, and jazz.

They stand a chance against the warriors (no klay, no explosive threat outside of curry.), Timberwolves, pelicans(in my opinion), houston(they don't scare me), grizzlies, nuggets(they more often than not play them well), okc and sacramento
    I think even a minor improvement in perimeter D for this team will have drastic impacts on our record. Think how many games we lost because our perimeter defense was primarily relying on, at least in part, Bryn Forbes for significant minutes. Even a minor improvement that funnels those guys into the heart of the defense like the Spurs system is designed to function, you knock off maybe 4 or 5 pts per game from the avg we had last year of 116 or whatever. Getting it closer to 110ppg immediately makes this a more compe ive team, and likely one that is at or above .500 again next year. I predict a 5-8 seed, with the most likely being the 6 or 7 seed.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Spurs finish 10-12th in WCF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By default we will be better than the Kings and the Wolves, and Thunder. And better than 6 other EC teams as well. That puts us at about the 10th pick overall. LMA and DDR will be gone after that, as well as Gay, and Derrick White will be our oldest player. So when we re-sign Patty Mills, that will be a big reason why.

Even without our vets we will be better than the Wolves and still better than 5 other teams in the East minimum. So even by tanking we are still looking at the 7th or 8th pick. Which means we will have to make a trade in order to move up into the Top 5. This is why it’s important for us get something for our vets THIS year. I don’t care what it is but we need some ammo to move up in 2022 draft. Murray (or Lonnie), 7th pick and 2 additional first round picks is a lot more appealing than just a pick swap.
    but then there is the lottery. IF SA hovers around the 10 pick they'll get a top 5 in a random year. If they tanked harder they'd have a late top 10 and more likely chance to go top 5. But it's not like the treadmill path is hopeless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh. re ed ass spurms fans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but then there is the lottery. IF SA hovers around the 10 pick they'll get a top 5 in a random year. If they tanked harder they'd have a late top 10 and more likely chance to go top 5. But it's not like the treadmill path is hopeless.
    Tanking now just isn't worth it given that a tanking team isn't guaranteed the highest draft pick. Imagine having the 5th or 6th worst record and getting the 11th pick again. It's entirely feasible. The treadmill avenue is not only possible, it's probably the best method given the Spurs' ability to draft above the league year over year. As it is, we have cap space next off-season to try to add to what we have brewing with the young core. And we should continue to get some good picks in the draft hovering near the lottery, which as a reminder, aside from this year, our highest pick since 2000 was #19, which was just last year. Before then, our lowest was routinely in the mid 20s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    additionally, the spurs obviously have assets to trade into the top 5 for a luka like player ii they spot one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The next draft class is loaded with Elite talent it is going to take a Kings ransom to move up in that draft that’s why I am praying we are at least in top 5. One good thing going for us is that Pop is notorious for having crazy line ups at the beginning of the season that usually results in early bad record so hoping that happens and the shut the season down and draft picks are determined by that small sample size.

I was really hoping that we could have got an extra pick in the first round for LMA or Derozz as I think that would get us 1 Star player probably at SF and a legit starter at PF/C.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im just saying even if we do tank we won’t be able to out tank the bad East teams. My point mainly is that we NEED those additional first round picks our vets could get us as additional ammo in case we don’t win the lotto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very true. I'm sure folks on here supporting Pop is the reason why he's still got a job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that Forbes is gone I'm filled with renewed hope and optimism that San Antonio can be in the hunt for a playoff spot at year end.

I think a couple of teams will disappoint. Spurs usually zig when others think they'll zag. Since so many folks (myself included) have said that they'll be the 10th-14th best team in the West, I'm going to reverse course and say we'll be battling for the 6 seed this year. Not sure how since this team has so many holes to fill, no proven wing defenders, a super young core, non-clutch vets, etc. Consider it just the drunken stupor I'm in after learning I didn't have to watch Bryn Forbes trot out with the starters this year. Six seed here we come!!! Oh yeah!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that Forbes is gone I'm filled with renewed hope and optimism that San Antonio can be in the hunt for a playoff spot at year end.

I think a couple of teams will disappoint. Spurs usually zig when others think they'll zag. Since so many folks (myself included) have said that they'll be the 10th-14th best team in the West, I'm going to reverse course and say we'll be battling for the 6 seed this year. Not sure how since this team has so many holes to fill, no proven wing defenders, a super young core, non-clutch vets, etc. Consider it just the drunken stupor I'm in after learning I didn't have to watch Bryn Forbes trot out with the starters this year. Six seed here we come!!! Oh yeah!!
    I mean when we signed Morris last year, everybody here thought we'd be somewhere between 3rd and 6th seed. And Pop cost us about 15 games at least with his Bryn Forbes and Marco Belinelli line ups. Factor in the short preseason and the Spurs might have an advantage bringing back almost the same exact team. Defense will be much better. They definitely in the hunt for a playoff spot and should surprise some people. It just depends on how much better the young guys got during the offseason. And if Popovich plays the right line ups. I don't want to start the season with a Murray/Mills starting back court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Spurs finish 10-12th in WCF
    Assuming the FO makes no trades, yes I agree. 10th seed is about right. Should get an ok pick in 2021 draft. Could pair that pick with one of our young guards and move up the draft to get a big man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Lakers - the strong got stronger.
    2. Denver - they built their team the right way. Jokic is a mega star like Duncan where he makes everything fit around him perfectly.
    3. Dallas - Luka is the other mega star. I see him carrying Dallas the same way Harden has done the past 6 or so years.
    4. Phoenix - Chris Paul is a leader who elevates the players around him as evidenced by OKC
    5. Golden State - i never want to count these guys out
    6. Spurs - Depth will carry us through the regular season
    7. Clippers - expecting a meltdown for this team to happen.
    8. Utah - Gobert and Mitc will keep the team floor as an 8th seed

9. Memphis - one of those teams with players who need to see failure first before we see them rise
    10. New Orleans - I really don't like how this team is put together, but maybe Adams will provide leadership and the team surprises me
    11. Minnesota - weak-minded star in Towns
    12. Houston - they're in shambles
    13. Sacramento - forever suck
    14. OKC - wtf are they doing
    I will agree on this, but I will put Portland in place of Golden State. Golden State will tank for the better draft next year and continue the rebuilt. The bubble was a revelation. Keldon is a stud, along with Spurs athletic youth. They will not miss a defensive beat with Vassell/Diop subs uting instead of Bryn/Beli (I sincerely hope they start Vassell asap). I'm rooting for Murray to be better and not get eclipsed by Vassell. But Vassell is the better shooter and ultimately the best 3 and D of the team. White/Vassell/Keldon will feast on smaller guards. Vassell/Keldon can ultimately switch on anybody. If Vassell continues to improve, I will put Spurs top 3 towards the end of the season.

Spurs at 3 towards the end of the season!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every season at least one team implodes or has injuries while another overachieves. Hopefully the Spurs are not the former.

We are definitely not in that Western Conference upper tier, yet. Debatable as to whether we can sneak into the 2nd tier.
    On paper, I feel so much better about this team than last year's squad.
    That team almost made the playoffs. Execution and continuity may be a problem, but, that's why the vets are still here.
    I expect the defense, scrappiness and overall energy to be exciting and possibly surprisingly successful this year.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    it's hard to say at this point. If one of our youth players takes a huge step next season, that could really shake things up.

I think these teams are clearly ahead of spurs playoff wise:

LAL
    LAC
    DEN
    DAL
    PHX
    POR

Houston is a question mark with the Harden trade demand, so who knows where they end up. They added Wood and Cousins so if they trade Harden to Brooklyn for LaVert, Dinwiddie and pieces they may still be a playoff team. So that leaves MAYBE 1-2 spots open for the playoff.

I think Memphis overperformed last year and will regress a bit win wise this season. New Orleans i don't see making the playoffs unless Zion or Ingram take a huge leap next year. Sacramento has a decent team on paper but their coaching sucks and their FO is ass, so wouldnt be surprised if they suck. OKC will bottom out. T-Wolves will probably still suck. GS is a question mark also without Klay, but I think they will make it over the other teams mentioned.

sadly it looks like our hope is to once again make it as an 8th seed and not get swept in the first round

Thread Information