Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams that are better than San Antonio : Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, Golden State.

Teams that could be better : Houston, Suns, Mavs , Jazz, Blazers.

Teams in the same range : Pels, Grizzlies.

Teams that are worse : Sacramento, OKC, Minny.
    How is Golden State better? No chance Houston will be. Their chemistry issues are going to be disastrous if they don't trade Westbrook and Harden. Dallas an MVP candidate-- something the Spurs definitely don't have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Golden State better? No chance Houston will be. Their chemistry issues are going to be disastrous if they don't trade Westbrook and Harden. Dallas an MVP candidate-- something the Spurs definitely don't have.
    You answered your own question there brother, GS has a MVP candidate as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think a lot of people are sleeping on New Orleans. They lost holiday but they added Adams, Lewis Jr and Bledsoe. I think Adams really improves their team and fills a need and takes pressure off Zion down low. Baring injuries of course...think New Orleans could finish as high as 5th in the west. Definitely think they make the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming the FO makes no trades, yes I agree. 10th seed is about right. Should get an ok pick in 2021 draft. Could pair that pick with one of our young guards and move up the draft to get a big man
    Since we didn't get Wiseman this year, I want Evan Mobley next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think a lot of people are sleeping on New Orleans. They lost holiday but they added Adams, Lewis Jr and Bledsoe. I think Adams really improves their team and fills a need and takes pressure off Zion down low. Baring injuries of course...think New Orleans could finish as high as 5th in the west. Definitely think they make the playoffs.
    I’m not sure Adams lasts the season with them. Seems to be a form of dissonance between the way on paper they should play based on the guards, Zion, Hayes and Ingram; and what Adams brings to the table.
    Interested to see how it works out for them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting in Houston with Cousins and Wood they either going to do good or just implode and wondering which player Cousins will mess up Harden or Westbrook?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You answered your own question there brother, GS has a MVP candidate as well.
    Dallas actually has a really good second option, GSW's 2nd best player is Draymond, without Klay. He had a really bad season last season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas actually has a really good second option, GSW's 2nd best player is Draymond, without Klay. He had a really bad season last season.
    Oubre is a really good player. Would not put him on Klays level but not much below. He will look even better with Steph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we didn't get Wiseman this year, I want Evan Mobley next year.
    That would be a good pickup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oubre is a really good player. Would not put him on Klays level but not much below. He will look even better with Steph.
    Oubre isn't anywhere near healthy Klay, you can't really be saying that. I think they have a lot of depth and their starting unit has a lot of question marks.

What are they getting out of Wiggins? What are they getting out of Wiseman? What about Oubre? Will Dray bounce back or will he continue to play like ? Also, will Curry return to MVP levels or will he just be very good.

At least the Spurs have less questions, they should be good on offense and much improved on defense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be a good pickup
    Most definitely!! I'll be keeping a close eye on him this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure, their spacing should be really bad. Adams, Bledsoe and Zion can't shoot 3s at a reasonable clip. That would make it easy to defend them

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Trail Blazers
    Lakers
    Jazz
    Nuggets
    Clippers
    Mavs
    Suns
    Rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavericks are in for a down year I don’t think they’re clearly better than anyone esp with Porzingus 6-8 weeks away from walking again. And Utah please every year with the Utah stuff and they keep doing Utah stuff. The two most non threatening franchises of all time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavericks are in for a down year I don’t think they’re clearly better than anyone esp with Porzingus 6-8 weeks away from walking again. And Utah please every year with the Utah stuff and they keep doing Utah stuff. The two most non threatening franchises of all time.
    They will make the playoffs but they are going to be a treadmill team for a long time with Donovan/Gobert. Those 2 guys don't have it in them to make the Jazz a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz and mavs are much better then spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz and mavs are much better then spurs

They are. But Mavs are on the crisp of losing out. Luka misses 2 weeks on a home stand against bad teams, all of a sudden they are in strife. And you can say the same for any other west team, but Mavs have lost their second-best player for 8 weeks. On a 72 game season, an injury at the wrong time at the start of the season for the mavs, could be disastrous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me the question is "Are the Spurs of 21 better than the Spurs of 19-20?" To that, I have to think it is a resounding, "Yes!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me the question is "Are the Spurs of 21 better than the Spurs of 19-20?" To that, I have to think it is a resounding, "Yes!"
    I’m more worried about the coaching than the talent. We have the talent to make the playoffs. Will the coaching be better than last year? That remains to be seen

The Journey Is The Reward rudwick's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then get the out. There's no reason why we can't hope a team with your ing idol would crash and burn. Stupid Kawhi rider.

And quote me next time, you pussy.
    Exactly. And, Kwhitter is due for his next season-ending bruised vagina at any moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be much easier to list the teams that the Spurs are better than.. its not a long list tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be much easier to list the teams that the Spurs are better than.. its not a long list tbh
    Wolves, Kings, Thunder, annnnnnnnd.....?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, wolves, kings, thunder and maybe Houston depending on if the trade Westbrook and/or harden

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelicans, they took a step backwards. Golden State is a dark horse here; if Curry gets a minor injury he might take his time coming back. Another major injury gives them a repeat of last season.

I also think Memphis overachieved last season. They very well could again, but they might fall back to where pre-bubble SRS had them (just behind the Spurs).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming all healthy and zero locker room issues, teams better than us are: Lakers, Clippers, Mavs, Portland, Nuggets, Jazz, Suns, Rockets. Huge health question marks: Mavs(Porzingis), Clippers(Nephew, might need to shoulder a bigger load), Portland(Dame coming of an injury), Suns( Paul, things went well last season but he's getting up there in age and he is injury prone), Lakers( LeBron, age, too many miles). Locker room and other stuff: Houston(they appear to be a mess, we'll see), Nuggets(lost a few defensive pieces, lost some depth).
    Realistically we're a borderline playoff team that won't make it which means only one think, TANK.

Thread Information