Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I believe, if the spurs really want to hop on the youth train, they should trade LMA away. I dont care what the Spurs get in return. LMA slows the game down, and simply does not fit. Lyles, Poeltl and Eubanks are quick on their feet and Mobilty so the up tempo play of the young guards, does not hurt them.

DDR showed me in the Bubble, he is capable of accepting a new role in this. Letting the young guys play, and than taking over in the fourth quarter.

So what is your opinion?

Giving LMA away for the sake of the team, or rather wait to get a something good in return?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    demar should go first.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    you don't trade LA for the same reason the spurs shouldn't have traded kawhi: let an injured player recover and show everyone what they have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes you think Eubanks fits better than LMA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan opted in, he won't be traded out of loyalty and the odds that he will be resigned are not zero, whereas LMA has indicated he wants to move on. Derozan will probably get a spurs offer, but look for big $$ elsewhere. Derozan fits roughly with the guards as a mentor whereas LMA isn't much like samanic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once the season starts, teams will see where they are in the pecking order and whether they can get a boost.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you don't trade LA for the same reason the spurs shouldn't have traded kawhi: let an injured player recover and show everyone what they have.
    This you have to inflate LMA's stats from the start of the season and wait a good 10-20 games before teams get interested. There is going to be some teams that will get desperate as the season progresses and when that happens the Spurs should pounce on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Homer. LMA blocking your boy from PT?

You know who doesn't "fit?" An NBA player that can't hit beyond 6 feet from the basket. It's ing 2020. Tell ya boy to start working on his free throws. You know who hits more than 50% of them? LMA for starters. Then the rest of the team and the league, save like 7 others.

Sorry, LMA is undeniably the better player, from top to bottom, offensively and defensively, taken as a whole.

Lol@ giving away LMA. He's a ing HOF possibility and still producing at a high level and you want to give him away?

The outta here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread gave birth to LMA vs Poetl discussions. Congrats

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This you have to inflate LMA's stats from the start of the season and wait a good 10-20 games before teams get interested. There is going to be some teams that will get desperate as the season progresses and when that happens the Spurs should pounce on it.
    True. But I will still find it maddening if we further sacrifice the progress of our young core so he can get more touches. That will actually lower his value. Teams want to see if he can fit a role of play defense and hit 3s. That’s all we want too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. But I will still find it maddening if we further sacrifice the progress of our young core so he can get more touches. That will actually lower his value. Teams want to see if he can fit a role of play defense and hit 3s. That’s all we want too.
    His 3 point shooting was high last year at 38 percent. His defense has always been pretty good for the time that he's been a Spur. It really comes down to these teams being scared off due to his age. He just has to come in shape and show he can still play at the level he's been playing at the last few years.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His 3 point shooting was high last year at 38 percent. His defense has always been pretty good for the time that he's been a Spur. It really comes down to these teams being scared off due to his age. He just has to come in shape and show he can still play at the level he's been playing at the last few years.
    Age and injuries would be a concern, I agree. But I believe teams also want to know that he can accept a reduced role and not be a distraction.

To clarify, a team that is in contention but needs to shore up a few weaknesses, is not looking for Lamarcus to come on the team and take over or disrupt what they already have successfully going.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What makes you think Eubanks fits better than LMA
    As i mentioned, the young guards like to play with a higher pace. That does not work with LMA on the court. And as the Spurs are clearly rebuilding, it does not make sense much to hold onto LMA.

Poeltl and Eubanks showed in the Bubble they work well together with the young core, and both played very well in the bubble. Its about Fit not Skill at this point.

The Point is, are the Spurs trying to get something for LMA or is it addition by subtraction.

offset formation: I know you hate Poeltl for unknown reason, but at least pretend to have some knowledge about TEAM Basketball before you post. Thanks in advance.

Dejounte: Its about fit, nothing else. If peopel are making it a LMA vs Poeltl Discussion, they are missing the point like offset Formation.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It is hard to see the value of Poeltl if you don't dive deeper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As i mentioned, the young guards like to play with a higher pace. That does not work with LMA on the court. And as the Spurs are clearly rebuilding, it does not make sense much to hold onto LMA.

Poeltl and Eubanks showed in the Bubble they work well together with the young core, and both played very well in the bubble. Its about Fit not Skill at this point.

The Point is, are the Spurs trying to get something for LMA or is it addition by subtraction.

offset formation: I know you hate Poeltl for unknown reason, but at least pretend to have some knowledge about TEAM Basketball before you post. Thanks in advance.

Dejounte: Its about fit, nothing else. If peopel are making it a LMA vs Poeltl Discussion, they are missing the point like offset Formation.
    LMA could play just as fast as Poeltl at Poeltl minutes. But don't expect LMA to do that over 30 mins per game. And don't expect Poeltl to stay on the court for 30min per game

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a dumb discussion. LMA clearly is the better player. Question is if you want to pay that much money for a 35 year old with an expiring contract... more so if someone else wants to pay his salary. It’s getting harder and harder to find a trade partner. You can hope for a desperate contender at the trade deadline

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA could play just as fast as Poeltl at Poeltl minutes. But don't expect LMA to do that over 30 mins per game. And don't expect Poeltl to stay on the court for 30min per game
    How? when you post up you slow down the pace. If you don't post him up then he becomes irrelevant in the offense. Not a good screener, not a good roller and not a good passer , he does not generate easy looks to keep up with the other team. Your just shooting yourself in the foot when you play fast with Aldridge that is why pop plays slower half court execution style whenever he is in the lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How? when you post up you slow down the pace. If you don't post him up then he becomes irrelevant in the offense. Not a good screener, not a good roller and not a good passer , he does not generate easy looks to keep up with the other team. Your just shooting yourself in the foot when you play fast with Aldridge that is why pop plays slower half court execution style whenever he is in the lineup.
    You play slower with LMA because he can't play fast for 30mins. And you rather have him play slow for 30+ mins, than fast for 20 mins. Because he is a vastly superior player than Poeltl having on the floor for longer is beneficial. I don't find Poeltl and better screen or passer. I think they are about the same. I find Poeltl screening worse than Splitter and say Baynes.

Another way to look at it, say you lose LMA, how many minutes do you think Poeltl can effectivly play? Let's say he can get you 24 to 28 mins. Where are the other 20mins coming from. Eubanks? Gay?

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Again: This is not a Discussion who is the better player, but a discussion if LMA fits the Bill. I believe he does not. He is slow and plays slow. LMA became a bad fit. Of course LMA is the better Player. This was never the question. Its only about fit.

Eubanks, at least in the Bubble has shown he can play significant minutes as back up. Probably why he was resigned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe Raptors, Bucks, Clippers, Knicks?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe Raptors, Bucks, Clippers, Knicks?
    With Ibaka gone Masai Ujiri for sure is biting in his ass now that he hasn’t given Poeltl an offer sheet. As for LMA: The Raptors could be interested but I don’t see how they could work out a deal without a third team involved.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You play slower with LMA because he can't play fast for 30mins. And you rather have him play slow for 30+ mins, than fast for 20 mins. Because he is a vastly superior player than Poeltl having on the floor for longer is beneficial. I don't find Poeltl and better screen or passer. I think they are about the same. I find Poeltl screening worse than Splitter and say Baynes.

Another way to look at it, say you lose LMA, how many minutes do you think Poeltl can effectivly play? Let's say he can get you 24 to 28 mins. Where are the other 20mins coming from. Eubanks? Gay?
    No that's not it comes down to moreyball, isos and postups which benefits from LMA skillsets generate less points than pick and roll and cuts which benefits from Poeltl. If you generate less points and not reduce the possessions the math would catch up even if LMA is efficient in postups a lesser skilled roll man can possibly generate more points than him if the possessions are higher. That is why you slow down when the points you generate are inefficient.

LMA is 36th percentile in pick and roll while Poeltl is in the 81st percentile.

Scroll up on the tweet I posted, he generates the most points off screens in the league per minute.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a dumb discussion. LMA clearly is the better player. Question is if you want to pay that much money for a 35 year old with an expiring contract... more so if someone else wants to pay his salary. It’s getting harder and harder to find a trade partner. You can hope for a desperate contender at the trade deadline
    This is spot on. I think we need to stop all the LMA trade talk. He also has a 15% trade kicker that will make it even harder to trade. I don’t think that has been discussed.

If LMA becomes more like Brooke Lopez and spreads out for the young guys he can stay. Pop needs to put everyone in a better position and we can at least make the play in tournament.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is the better player but Poeltl is the better fit for the direction the team is going in so the very first thing the spurs need to do is get rid of LMA...his numbers will look fine but he is not going to do anything but make the young guards around him like bad...like he has been doing the last few years...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm not giving the guy a BJ just because he comes from my home country, as I guess you do.

And let's get your facts straight:
    1. I don't hate him.
    2. I don't think he's worth more than 7M per year given his limitations I have noted on previous reports which if you actually read, you'd know why I don't think he's worth 27M. As many others on this board have stated as well. Sorry if that bothers you.
    3. He's not ever going to be a threat from even midrange, let alone 3. How does one justify that in this era?
    4. Check your feelings of basketball knowledge superiority if you think giving away LMA is remotely justified, just to get your countryman more playing time.
    5. Again I repeat, you know .

Thread Information