Harden
    Durant
    Ibaka
    Adams
    Oladipo
    Paul George
    Chris Paul

And absolutely nothing to show for it.
    The fact that OKC did not win a championship in the period 12 to 16 speaks more about how Durbeta is overestimated than about Presti, he gave Durbeta a top 2/3 supporting cast throughout his peak, he's just not good enough if he's not on a team that would already be a champion without him.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Presti. He found TP. He drafted 3 MVPs which is beyond amazing. But I said it then and it’s become way more apparent now, but trading Harden for Kevin Martin and Perkins (I know he wasn’t pet of the trade but he essentially was bc it was his contract extension that made the Harden extension impossible) was the dumbest move of all.

Win a le first and then come back to me with how great he is. But if I’m a rebuilding franchise, there’s nobody better at it than him. He’s like Hinke, except he can actually draft
    Didn't Clay Bennett kind of force him into trading Harden? God what a up, they would have easily had the money to pay that team to stay together with the huge new TV deal that greatly increased the salary cap. That team would have probably won all of Golden State's rings and maybe beaten the 2014 Spurs too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Clay Bennett kind of force him into trading Harden? God what a up, they would have easily had the money to pay that team to stay together with the huge new TV deal that greatly increased the salary cap. That team would have probably won all of Golden State's rings and maybe beaten the 2014 Spurs too.
    That’s what I thought, too. Gave him a hard cap budget. NO TAX, and it came down to like $2M to have to jettison someone. Presti had to decide, but the parameters were set by Bennett.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was Presti playing hardball over less than $5 million. But it’s probably hard to know the real truth.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most overrated GM in the league tbh. Broke up a HOF trio and got nothing to show for it. People like him because he pulls off NBA 2K trades but he doesn't have any championships to show for it.
    Exactly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC doesn't play either but when the team loses are falls short he gets the blame which he deserves. in 2017 RC signed Pau and gave Mills 50 million and both his team and Presti's team eneded up in the same place. Difference is RC's team had a top 5 player sit out 73 games. This is not defending RC either this is just saying Presti shouldn't get praise for being a dumpster fire for the past 5 years.
    The Spurs front office received virtually no blame until they went senile the past 3 years.

In '17, the Thunder had already lost Durant.

Fake news, tbh. Presti prioritized Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins over Harden. It was commonly known back then but somehow gullible fans have decided to alter history.

It's just weird how Spurs fans suddenly idolize Presti. Trading away Harden forever tainted his tenue in OKC. That'd be like if Buford kept Nazr Mohammad over his left-handed sixth man extraordinaire.
    I know how much it upsets you, but I wasn't taking a shot at the front office or praising Presti. I'm just being fair, but any executive/coach who receives heaps of praise is overrated because they're all highly dependant on luck.

Technically, but that's revisionist history. At that point, virtually no one knew Harden had MVP potential and it was a different world where bigs held more value.
    Last edited by TD 21; 11-22-2020 at 12:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 rings >>>>> having 18 1st round picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 rings >>>>> having 18 1st round picks
    Exactly! Spurs won five with Timmy when they had to deal with prime Shaq, Garnett, Dirk, and Lebron. OKC should've been able to win one without excuses. The difference was sticking with a player like Westbrook, who couldn't be managed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti getting forced by his owner to trade Harden is a myth. Didn't happen. The owners wanted the Thunder to not pay the lux tax and Presti picked to keep Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins over Harden.

Ironically, Presti first tried to trade Harden to the Raptors for Jonas Valanciunas and, wait for it, DeMar DeRozan. Oh, how the turn tables

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ed-the-trigger

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake news, tbh. Presti prioritized Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins over Harden. It was commonly known back then but somehow gullible fans have decided to alter history.
    It's true he chose Ibaka and crap over Harden, but still he was forced to cut salary by Bennett wasn't he?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s great at slapping trades together. The Spurs suck at putting trades together. Somewhere in the middle is preferable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally agree with you on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's true he chose Ibaka and crap over Harden, but still he was forced to cut salary by Bennett wasn't he?
    Bennett didn't want to pay lux tax but if lux tax was a legit excuse for a terrible decision like Perkins > Harden, 95% of GMs could be excused for their bad moves by utilizing the same logic. Buford picking Malik over Ginobili in 2005 wouldn't have been justifiable by saying Holt didn't want to pay the lux tax, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The young Presti was sharp as a tack and very ambitious. No way the Spurs could've kept him.
    He was a great asset in his time in SA and moved on. Ideally, that's how it's supposed to work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti would have traded manu for Monte Ellis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti getting forced by his owner to trade Harden is a myth. Didn't happen. The owners wanted the Thunder to not pay the lux tax and Presti picked to keep Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins over Harden.

Ironically, Presti first tried to trade Harden to the Raptors for Jonas Valanciunas and, wait for it, DeMar DeRozan. Oh, how the turn tables

I said essentially. You can ignore the context I mentioned and spout the in hindsight results, but the reality is he probably thought there's no way Durant-Westbrook-Harden could coexist for long. I got the logic, he just made a poor trade.

At least he didn't trade Harden after he had established himself as a superstar, along with a high end role player and $5M for the established version of DeRozan, a role player and a late 1st, like some other front office . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

okc traded their franchise player and still made the playoffs over the spurs

okc chillin with one million first round draft picks over the next decade.

while the spurs are over here still saddled with demar
    Imagine if RC had Harden, Ibaka, KD, and Russ and lost all of them without having any rings to show...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So what you’re saying is even one of the worst GMs in the league even knew better than to trade a star for a package including DeRozan ?

Thread Information