Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

okc traded their franchise player and still made the playoffs over the spurs

okc chillin with one million first round draft picks over the next decade.

while the spurs are over here still saddled with demar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    saddled as in an expiring contract? off

Each of our first round picks are roughly equal to a first round pick in a trade by value. So the spurs have assets. OKC still has more but those are gong to be busts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or Sean Marks. But no, Drunkford thought Brian Wright was the right man for the job. His biggest offseason move was signing Drew Eubanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most overrated GM in the league tbh. Broke up a HOF trio and got nothing to show for it. People like him because he pulls off NBA 2K trades but he doesn't have any championships to show for it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most overrated GM in the league tbh. Broke up a HOF trio and got nothing to show for it. People like him because he pulls off NBA 2K trades but he doesn't have any championships to show for it.
    Preach!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or Sean Marks. But no, Drunkford thought Brian Wright was the right man for the job. His biggest offseason move was signing Drew Eubanks.
    Did Brian Wright still your lady? You really don’t like that dude huh??? Why??

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    saddled as in an expiring contract? off
    if spurs don't move demar then how many years have they wasted with him?

So the spurs have assets. OKC still has more but those are gong to be busts

did you know okc can also trade draft picks ??

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook
    Harden
    Durant
    Ibaka
    Adams
    Oladipo
    Paul George
    Chris Paul

And absolutely nothing to show for it.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

harden trade wasn't great. but james harden now wasn't james harden then. don't act like he hasn't made up for that with all the draft picks okc has.

and durant walked away.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Westbrook
    Harden
    Durant
    Ibaka
    Adams
    Oladipo
    Paul George
    Chris Paul

And absolutely nothing to show for it.
    okc has like, 19 first round picks over the next seven years.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    okc has like, 19 first round picks over the next seven years.

Doesn't matter. We'll see what he actually does with them.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    all the best gms in the nba came from the spurs umbrella.........the best gm in the league masai was mentored by buford

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

okc traded their franchise player and still made the playoffs over the spurs

okc chillin with one million first round draft picks over the next decade.

while the spurs are over here still saddled with demar
    Spurs made the playoffs with their franchise player playing only 9 games. And then made the playoffs again after their franchise player forced a trade while doing everything possible to tank his trade value. But don't let the facts stop you from doing whatever it is that you think you're doing.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brilliant at trades, typically, which is why we’re thinking about him now. Average to above average at the draft. Horrible at picking coaches. And he definitely screwed up their Big 3, but their Big 3 were all sort of chumps in the end, so maybe it was never going to work, but still a huge blemish.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At blaming him for the lack of a championship and losing 3 MVP's. That's as ridiculous as crediting the Warriors/Raptors for their tainted championships.

What did you want him to do about the amount of bad luck they suffered?

- In '12, ownership essentially forced them to trade Harden.
    - In '13, Beverley injured Westbrook.
    - In '14, they ran into a legendary team and Ibaka missed the first two games (granted, Parker left game 6 early).
    - In '15, they were so decimated by injury (namely Durant) that they missed the playoffs altogether.
    - In '16, they ran into another legendary team and narrowly squandered a series they should have won.

They've got to be the biggest what if in league history.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At blaming him for the lack of a championship and losing 3 MVP's. That's as ridiculous as crediting the Warriors/Raptors for their tainted championships.

What did you want him to do about the amount of bad luck they suffered?

- In '13, Beverley injured Westbrook.
    - In '14, they ran into a legendary team and Ibaka missed the first two games (granted, Parker left game 6 early).
    - In '15, they were so decimated by injury (namely Durant) that they missed the playoffs altogether.
    - In '16, they ran into another legendary team and narrowly squandered a series they should have won.

They've got to be the biggest what if in league history.
    You do know I could do the same what if game for those exact same years for the Spurs. If we did that Buford would be seen as a god and would be better than Presti by far if we played the what if game. Bottom line is he didn't get it done the same way the Spurs didn't get it done he doesn't get a pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He drafted us potentially two good players, potentially a really good one, last year and then two more this year. Not sure I get the group think here that because he didn't trade away out two best players, potentially for squat, that's he's garbage. There's still time to trade them if we can and should, but seeing what you've got with the team before you blow it up is the wise move.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do know I could do the same what if game for those exact same years for the Spurs. If we did that Buford would be seen as a god and would be better than Presti by far if we played the what if game. Bottom line is he didn't get it done the same way the Spurs didn't get it done he doesn't get a pass.
    1) He doesn't play and 2) They had two relatively healthy, in their prime cracks at it and narrowly lost to 2 all-time teams.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) He doesn't play and 2) They had two relatively healthy, in their prime cracks at it and narrowly lost to 2 all-time teams.
    RC doesn't play either but when the team loses are falls short he gets the blame which he deserves. in 2017 RC signed Pau and gave Mills 50 million and both his team and Presti's team eneded up in the same place. Difference is RC's team had a top 5 player sit out 73 games. This is not defending RC either this is just saying Presti shouldn't get praise for being a dumpster fire for the past 5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mention one good thing Brian Wright has done, draft excluded, since he doesn’t make that decision anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Presti. He found TP. He drafted 3 MVPs which is beyond amazing. But I said it then and it’s become way more apparent now, but trading Harden for Kevin Martin and Perkins (I know he wasn’t pet of the trade but he essentially was bc it was his contract extension that made the Harden extension impossible) was the dumbest move of all.

Win a le first and then come back to me with how great he is. But if I’m a rebuilding franchise, there’s nobody better at it than him. He’s like Hinke, except he can actually draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mention one good thing Brian Wright has done, draft excluded, since he doesn’t make that decision anyway.
    He hasn’t extended DDR and so far Forbes. Small victories but I will take them.. even though we did just pay 9 mil for a back up center who averages 17 minutes a game that doesn’t even give us 6 points/rebounds per game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if they fired pop and kepted Leonard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We would have drafted the Marfan DemiGod

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake news, tbh. Presti prioritized Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins over Harden. It was commonly known back then but somehow gullible fans have decided to alter history.

It's just weird how Spurs fans suddenly idolize Presti. Trading away Harden forever tainted his tenue in OKC. That'd be like if Buford kept Nazr Mohammad over his left-handed sixth man extraordinaire.

Thread Information