Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flopovich got Brent Forms feeling like he's a championship piece

I mean Patty Mills was a championship piece in 2014. Obviously Bryn shouldn’t have been starting, but he’s gonna have a role on a good team as the 8th guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Patty Mills was a championship piece in 2014. Obviously Bryn shouldn’t have been starting, but he’s gonna have a role on a good team as the 8th guy.
    12th guy maybe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Bryn hit a clutch shot in the game 7 of the ECF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he didn't. Dejounte, Derrick, and Lonnie got hurt to start the season two years ago and he was the only option at guard outside of signing somebody else.
    Give the guy his credit. Bryn worked hard to earn a spot in the roster, but should never have started. Dejounte, Derrick and Lonnie were not reliable shooters to open the lanes for Aldridge and Demar. Only when they started hitting consistently that Spurs were able to let Bryn and Beli walked. It's Pop's stubbornness to start Bryn that disgusted many ST people, but that wasn't Bryn's fault. I wish him well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, his deal was only 2 yrs/$4.7 mill. That's even less than his previous contract Pop gave him when he was just a project. Two years as a starter and he gets a pay cut. Probably very little interest in him if he took that.Teams know how bad he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^That tells you all you need to know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Bryn hit a clutch shot in the game 7 of the ECF
    To go up one, then immediately gets blown by on the next play and fouls on a layup.

Bucks lose by 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    overglorified midget brent barry, nothing to see here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To go up one, then immediately gets blown by on the next play and fouls on a layup.

Bucks lose by 2.
    hahaha

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes first appearance as a buck

15 minutes.
    2 points
    2 rebounds.
    1/5 fg
    0/3 3pa

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, his deal was only 2 yrs/$4.7 mill. That's even less than his previous contract Pop gave him when he was just a project. Two years as a starter and he gets a pay cut. Probably very little interest in him if he took that.Teams know how bad he is.
    Why didn't we just keep him if he was that cheap? Invested all that time and training in him. No reason he couldn't be a guy off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why didn't we just keep him if he was that cheap? Invested all that time and training in him. No reason he couldn't be a guy off the bench.
    he is a worse player than anyone that we have on the roster?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contrast that with Davis Bertans deal, who Pop had behind Bryn in the rotation. Even Lyles got more playing time his first season with the team than Davis did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that the Spurs didn't want to re-sign him on such a cheap deal shows you that they knew he was bringing the team down as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait to see us play Milwaukee this year because we will know exactly what player to attack , its going to be nice seeing from the other side of things for once

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait to see us play Milwaukee this year because we will know exactly what player to attack , its going to be nice seeing from the other side of things for once
    Or he drops 20 on us tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that the Spurs didn't want to re-sign him on such a cheap deal shows you that they knew he was bringing the team down as well.
    But you'll hear many people here saying he would be with the Spurs forever. Where are those guys now? If he was Pop's pet, why was he let go?

I said this all season last year: it was a coaching move. There's more strategy involved than people here realize.

All Bryn was from the start was a placeholder for a better player to eventually take his spot and his purpose was to accelerate growth for players around him, I.E. DJ to get acclimated with having a shooter to pass too.

He served his purpose and we upgraded from him as natural as possible.

By now, we should know what the primary focus the Spurs organization is: player development. EVERYTHING stems from this. They are optimizing every aspect they can to make sure each player has an opportunity to grow naturally. They're like plants.

The bubble didn't make PATFO realize they didn't need Bryn. It was the plan all along. The Spurs don't operate in a vacuum. As RC said: they look at the years ahead.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 12-14-2020 at 09:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you'll hear many people here saying he would be with the Spurs forever. Where are those guys now? If he was Pop's pet, why was he let go?
    he was not? Hill was a favorite of pop and has 10 times more talent than Forbes will ever have, but at some point it was necessary to separate, one thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was not? Hill was a favorite of pop and has 10 times more talent than Forbes will ever have, but at some point it was necessary to separate, one thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other.
    My point is people put too much stock into Pop playing "favorites" for no particular reason. There's usually a "big picture" behind it all. There's fear and concern over Pop sticking with certain players when history has shown he easily lets them go when the perfect opportunity arises. Another example: Kawhi took over RJ's spot without any question. If a player is ready, he is ready. Some players just aren't, and need players like Forbes to be ahead of them for the time being. Lyles is another placeholder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is people put too much stock into Pop playing "favorites" for no particular reason. There's usually a "big picture" behind it all. There's fear and concern over Pop sticking with certain players when history has shown he easily lets them go when the perfect opportunity arises. Another example: Kawhi took over RJ's spot without any question. If a player is ready, he is ready. Some players just aren't, and need players like Forbes to be ahead of them for the time being. Lyles is another placeholder.
    I understand your point and in general the line of reasoning has positive points......but in the case of Forbes starting in 155 games / Pop it was just a serious mistake (imo), simple as that, and in this case, it hurt both, the team (and there was no need to show any advanced statistics or articles, just a pair of eyes), and the young players (and it's not just me saying, that was something commented on here, and I believe, it is even a logical thought), it's one thing to have to earn minutes from guys who are playing well, another and have to earn minutes from guys who are clearly worse, playing badly and with freedom to play badly (this is a very demotivating situation)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand your point and in general the line of reasoning has positive points......but in the case of Forbes starting in 155 games / Pop it was just a serious mistake (imo), simple as that, and in this case, it hurt both, the team (and there was no need to show any advanced statistics or articles, just a pair of eyes), and the young players (and it's not just me saying, that was something commented on here, and I believe, it is even a logical thought), it's one thing to have to earn minutes from guys who are playing well, another and have to earn minutes from guys who are clearly worse, playing badly and with freedom to play badly (this is a very demotivating situation)
    I think in regards for the poor play: yes, it did hurt the team and was demoralizing but to draw an analogy here, if you're already 3/4 through a book, might as well see it through and accept your losses rather than go into a lose-lose scenario where it's too little, too late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the bigger picture of playing Forbes over better players like White and Johnson? Losing the playoffs streak?

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the bigger picture of playing Forbes over better players like White and Johnson? Losing the playoffs streak?
    Posted this during the season tanking for 11 and now we see vassell as the trade off.. i dont think a play-off record was worth it.. im sure others do.. if Vassell becomes a star then you dont look back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I said this all season last year: it was a coaching move. There's more strategy involved than people here realize.

All Bryn was from the start was a placeholder for a better player to eventually take his spot and his purpose was to accelerate growth for players around him, I.E. DJ to get acclimated with having a shooter to pass too.

He served his purpose and we upgraded from him as natural as possible.

By now, we should know what the primary focus the Spurs organization is: player development. EVERYTHING stems from this. They are optimizing every aspect they can to make sure each player has an opportunity to grow naturally. They're like plants.

The bubble didn't make PATFO realize they didn't need Bryn. It was the plan all along. The Spurs don't operate in a vacuum. As RC said: they look at the years ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He went -30 in 13 minutes tonight lmao

Thread Information