Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who is better Q or Trey?
    Trey. It’s just good to have multiple options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news. Q is a good prospect for a two-way. I'm already confident he's good enough defensively to be an NBA player. He's strong, hard-headed and moves his feet well enough to defend players of various sizes. For being as short as he is, I wouldn't put it past him to basically evolve into a player who can defend wings a la Marcus Smart. Offensively? I'm far from sold. He doesn't have much vertical pop, which will hurt him finishing wise. I don't see plus quickness and his jumper is flat. But Q is really tough so I wouldn't put it past him to evolve into like a miniature Jerome Kersey who thrives due to determination and will. His ceiling is probably a fourth guard but he'd be a valuable bench cog if he reaches his potential. There's probably a sub-50% chance that he's still in the NBA in two years but there are avenues for him to make it -- which is about all you can ask out of a two-way player.

Worst case scenario, Q adds more toughness, defense and fearlessness for another season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess Spurs 2-way contracts will be Weatherspoon and Tres Jones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m still rooting for this guy.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news. Q is a good prospect for a two-way. I'm already confident he's good enough defensively to be an NBA player. He's strong, hard-headed and moves his feet well enough to defend players of various sizes. For being as short as he is, I wouldn't put it past him to basically evolve into a player who can defend wings a la Marcus Smart. Offensively? I'm far from sold. He doesn't have much vertical pop, which will hurt him finishing wise. I don't see plus quickness and his jumper is flat. But Q is really tough so I wouldn't put it past him to evolve into like a miniature Jerome Kersey who thrives due to determination and will. His ceiling is probably a fourth guard but he'd be a valuable bench cog if he reaches his potential. There's probably a sub-50% chance that he's still in the NBA in two years but there are avenues for him to make it -- which is about all you can ask out of a two-way player.

Worst case scenario, Q adds more toughness, defense and fearlessness for another season
    And hopefully he adds some compe ion for minutes. It’s not a stretch to see him become Pop’s pet as a way to motivate the more talented players to do better and earn more minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 way, knows the system, 15th man...hustles, plays D (not fake D) ...fine w me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a dawg. Perfect signing. BTW, Forbes is gone!!!!!
    This team is going to be fun to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another nothing move by a FO that used to be stellar.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao at Exstatic. Foh, this dude isn’t very good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although he lacks footspeed and athleticism, Quindary can at least shoot the 3 and has some playmaking ability. He knows how to run a pick & roll and is a good passer. Besides him being strong and being able to guard forwards as well, he should at least become a serviceable 3-and-D player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Limited player, but at least he plays D.

Bruce Bowen was one of my favorite Spurs because of the defensive tenacity he brought every night. I love watching guys get after it on defense. If nothing else, this year's team should be a lot more fun to watch than last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Q is bullish and will not backdown, a pleasant change from Bryn/Mills, except Mills would take the charge. Regardless, I see the Spurs fighting for every possession. Q and Tre as backup PGs is pretty solid. This might be unpopular, but I would start Vassell over Murray for obvious reason. Vassell is a better shooter and potentially better 2way than Murray.

White, Murray, Quindarry
    Vassell, Lonnie, Mills,
    Demar, Keldon, Diop
    Aldridge, Gay, Luka
    Poeltl, Eubanks

The small ball would be even nastier:
    White
    Vassell
    Keldon
    Demar
    Aldridge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Q is bullish and will not backdown, a pleasant change from Bryn/Mills, except Mills would take the charge. Regardless, I see the Spurs fighting for every possession. Q and Tre as backup PGs is pretty solid. This might be unpopular, but I would start Vassell over Murray for obvious reason. Vassell is a better shooter and potentially better 2way than Murray.

White, Murray, Quindarry
    Vassell, Lonnie, Mills,
    Demar, Keldon, Diop
    Aldridge, Gay, Luka
    Poeltl, Eubanks

The small ball would be even nastier:
    White
    Vassell
    Keldon
    Demar
    Aldridge
    I would too, because Vassell is an offball shooter, similar to the role Forbes was playing last year (although he wasn't really good at it) and his help defense would be nice to have in the starting line up. I totally see Pop starting Murray/Mills though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would too, because Vassell is an offball shooter, similar to the role Forbes was playing last year (although he wasn't really good at it) and his help defense would be nice to have in the starting line up. I totally see Pop starting Murray/Mills though
    Get the out of here with that Murray / Mills bad juju. I just got ing chills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah poop has it in him to roll with patty as a major contributor.
    I would trade patty ASAP. Without Manu and Tim he is just not that effective

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like the guy but I'm still confused why we have so many guards

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like the guy but I'm still confused why we have so many guards
    Because they're all young and we don't know which ones are the best fits yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t understand Pop forcing Murray into the SL so early. White has always been the superior PG and needs to start there. Murray need to come off the bench and take on the Manu 6th man role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont get this board, benefactor says something... and it becomes cannon

How can a guy who was 207 lbs at the combine and who ran the 3 quarter court sprint in 3.16 seconds with a 31 inch standing and 38 in Max leap can be called "un-athletic" ?Especially by dudes on this board. its is beyond me.

Sure there are guys who can run under 3 and some who have 40 plus but man you're really speaking out of turn here when you attempt to make those observations and judgments and expect reasonable people to continue to take yous seriously.

WOW!!!
    Damn those are his combine numbers? I haven't looked into them, but if that's the case then this shouldn't be a problem at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some people were saying the same about D White-- that his fundamentals were good, and helped to overcome "average" athleticism. Except White's combine numbers were outstanding: three-quarter sprint time of 3.08 (97th percentile historically) and standing vertical leap at 35.5 (99th percentile historically).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some people were saying the same about D White-- that his fundamentals were good, and helped to overcome "average" athleticism. Except White's combine numbers were outstanding: three-quarter sprint time of 3.08 (97th percentile historically) and standing vertical leap at 35.5 (99th percentile historically).
    A big part of this is the widely-held beliefs that white => unathletic, and jumping => athleticism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A big part of this is the widely-held beliefs that white => unathletic, and jumping => athleticism.

I don't get what you mean-- are you saying those are myths, or that those beliefs have weight? It's true a player could have great jumping ability, but not necessarily be agile. But I think in White's case, excelling at all of the combine times shows something else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get what you mean-- are you saying those are myths, or that those beliefs have weight? It's true a player could have great jumping ability, but not necessarily be agile. But I think in White's case, excelling at all of the combine times shows something else.
    They're definitely part myth, and widely-held misguided/obtuse views. You make my point, and as we were discussing, White had impressive combine outings yet isn't considered athletic by many - as is Spoon. I'm in the camp that both are great athletes and deserve a spot on the roster, can't wait to see them improve next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're definitely part myth, and widely-held misguided/obtuse views. You make my point, and as we were discussing, White had impressive combine outings yet isn't considered athletic by many - as is Spoon. I'm in the camp that both are great athletes and deserve a spot on the roster, can't wait to see them improve next season.
    Ah, gotcha... yeah, totally agree.

Thread Information