Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zhaire Smith expected to be waived. If he cleared waivers, hoping the Spurs may take a look but this is a solid signing.
    Traded then waived. Has he fully recovered from his injuries?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.tankathon.com/players/com...-rui-hachimura

Keita's stats aren't far off from Rui's and they're roughly the same age and size.

Keita shot way more 3's, while Rui posted up more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, KBD was who I wanted at that pick. Kinda like how I was hoping for Woodard in the second round this year and he went one spot before the Spurs pick.
    I was gonna ask if that was the guy you were high on. Wasn’t he projected to be a lottery pick the year he drafted? Why did he fall?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bout time
    I been asking for 6’ 7” to 6’ 9” dudes who can run and jump and defend and make a decent percentage of open three pointers. Cam and this dude are right there. Now get rid of Patty.
    Play defense. Use athletes. Run fast jump high. Look at all the athletes Spurs have now. Finally.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Yeah, KBD was who I wanted at that pick. Kinda like how I was hoping for Woodard in the second round this year and he went one spot before the Spurs pick.
    why does this constantly happen? every time the spurs target a player they get drafted 1 pick before..........r the spurs incapable of hiding who they want to draft? is it leaked to the team ahead of the spurs?.......goes as far back to the batum/gobert days maybe further

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray/ Lonnie/ Tre
    White/ Vassell/ Mills or Q (Mills for offense, Q for defense)
    DeMar/ Keldon/ Keita Bates Diop
    Lyles/ Gay/ Samanic
    Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks

Maybe Keita is insurance for if Samanic busts or is not ready for prime time.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 11-22-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does this signing mean for Tre Jones’ contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Traded then waived. Has he fully recovered from his injuries?
    Supposedly. Has had a terrible run with injuries and a freak peanut allergy almost killed him. Philly had no use for him with the bigger, better Thybulle and Detroit wanted to clear a roster jam At C/PF - they’re thought to have no reason to keep him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was gonna ask if that was the guy you were high on. Wasn’t he projected to be a lottery pick the year he drafted? Why did he fall?
    He supposedly had some poor workouts prior to the draft. Before that, yeah, he was regarded as safely going in the first round.

Truth is, he's undeniably slow and has a hitch in his jumper. You have to really buy his talent level if order to invest in him because he's a C athlete at best.

Chances are he'll never make it in the league but I like taking a look at him. He's 6-foot-8.5 with a 7-foot-3+ wingspan (officially measured in the combine), was productive in college and is fluid enough to hypothetically be a perimeter wing. He's Diaw-esque in that he has to be in the right system to take advantage of his skills so I can see why he'd be tempted by San Antonio. Give him some stability for a year or two and he might just be skilled enough to make it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He resembles Horry in stature

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does this signing mean for Tre Jones’ contract?
    He'll still get a regular ol' minimum deal, as was expected. The only reason Q was signed as a two-way is that he agreed to sign a two-way before the draft. If Q wouldn't have agreed to sign as a two-way, the Spurs wouldn't have drafted him. Tre Jones, on the other hand, wouldn't have agreed to that. His stock was too high to do that. Someone like Jones would rather go undrafted and then hook up with the right team as a free agent (a la Fred VanVleet) than sign a two-way. Q would do a two-way because otherwise he's probably playing in Siberia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Buddies with Lonnie?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's been working.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think almost everyone wanted KBD in that spot. I was shocked he didn't go in the first round. I guess it worked out.
    I also wanted Woodard , but I think Jones will work out well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . That’s the last time I play NBA 2K with my son during NBA free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like it!!! I remember a couple of years back hoping the spurs would draft this guy
    Same, I was really disappointed that he went 1 pick ahead of us by the T-wolves. Then we drafted Metu.

Metu did not pan out but is still not a bad pick for #48 though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll still get a regular ol' minimum deal, as was expected. The only reason Q was signed as a two-way is that he agreed to sign a two-way before the draft. If Q wouldn't have agreed to sign as a two-way, the Spurs wouldn't have drafted him. Tre Jones, on the other hand, wouldn't have agreed to that. His stock was too high to do that. Someone like Jones would rather go undrafted and then hook up with the right team as a free agent (a la Fred VanVleet) than sign a two-way. Q would do a two-way because otherwise he's probably playing in Siberia.
    I concur...... we may be able to develop him, possibly our Rudy gay replacement next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some nice talent for after this coming year. Semi-Tank, get a good starting caliber center, and we'll be looking pretty deep. Throw in a decent vet or two and we could be contending before you know it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m assuming Tre Jones will get part of the MLE on his contract but that leaves 1 roster spot open, do y’all think the spurs leave that spot open or will they sign somebody else?? Dario Saric, Alex Len, RHJ, Cheick Diallo, and MKG are some guys I wouldn’t mind the spurs grabbing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m assuming Tre Jones will get part of the MLE on his contract but that leaves 1 roster spot open, do y’all think the spurs leave that spot open or will they sign somebody else?? Dario Saric, Alex Len, RHJ, Cheick Diallo, and MKG are some guys I wouldn’t mind the spurs grabbing
    I would prefer they kept it open, it will be easier to trade LMA or DDR mid season as their salary is too high to trade for a player straight unless we are looking at a poison pill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some nice talent for after this coming year. Semi-Tank, get a good starting caliber center, and we'll be looking pretty deep. Throw in a decent vet or two and we could be contending before you know it.
    , you know we’re just gonna draft more guards next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he works really hard he maybe can be our DeMare Carroll replacement

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    very Nice Bryan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted the Spurs to take him instead of Metu but he was taken just ahead of him. Wonder if the Spurs wanted him too, then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got no room roster wise and no room money wise.

Thread Information