Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got no room roster wise and no room money wise.
    They do. Reynolds would go to Austin if he gets waived, and the two-way slot doesn't take up cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this signing. Some folks on here may remember how badly I wanted KBD in the draft a couple of years ago. I was heart-broken when he got taken right before the Spurs could get him in the second round. Part of why I was so frustrated with Metu is because he was the player the Spurs took/had to take instead. I don't know that he's going to be a long-term piece, but I'm happy SA saw the opportunity to snag a defensive combo-forward and went for it.

EDIT: I went immediately to the bottom of the thread to post. I can see that a bunch of people agreed with me on KBD. It's cool that we'll get to have our wishes fulfilled. Now if they could just somehow trade Sam for Clarke...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I wonder if there was a bit of a Jones connection going on. KBD came into the league playing with Tre's brother Tyus. I wonder if Tre was able to recruit Keita a bit. Just love the signing. Him and Reynolds. Turned a meh off-season into a solid one.

There are still three spots left to fill to have a full TC roster. It wouldn't surprise me to see SA and the other teams not bother with full rosters in an abbreviated off-season. But there could still be more signings to lock in d-league rights. Team could use another center in the pipeline for example.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good pickup. Spurs went from having no combo forwards and needing them to signing two but both will be Gleague bound. If Devin Vassell had KBD's measurement, we would all be so thrilled and annoint him the franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is he almost out of the league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical - Lakers, Portland, Bucks, Mavs, Hornets Even Atlanta trying to do or are actually doing something of consequence and Spurs go get another limited player. Spurs have plenty of ok type players but with LMA in decline and DDR being well DDR they need to do something more. FO is an absolute farce last few years and getting worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical - Lakers, Portland, Bucks, Mavs, Hornets Even Atlanta trying to do or are actually doing something of consequence and Spurs go get another limited player. Spurs have plenty of ok type players but with LMA in decline and DDR being well DDR they need to do something more. FO is an absolute farce last few years and getting worse.
    Must suck seeing only the crappy version of every event. I can't imagine what that must be like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop : I'm going to end this man's career

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good signing for a two-way player. This will put some pressure on Lyles and Samanic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must suck seeing only the crappy version of every event. I can't imagine what that must be like.
    This guy could win a million dollars and complain that it wasn't two million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy that Spurs are going for the defensive player. Now if they can get a bruiser big who can take turns on Jokic, Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another spoiled, pampered, Spurs fan, with no clue how lucky Spur's nation was to have such a great dynasty with Timmy as our cornerstone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy could win a million dollars and complain that it wasn't two million.
    Upon having won the $156M Mega-Millions Lotta and told he would get $100M after taxes, he says just give me my $2 back...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Upon having won the $156M Mega-Millions Lotta and told he would get $100M after taxes, he says just give me my $2 back...
    naw!!! Lol. KBD has skills to be in this league, we just don’t know in what capacity Let’s just see what he’s willing to give.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now we have two SFs who are defensive minded. It has been two years since we had one. KBD, given the right minutes could blossom into a really good player. Look what happened to Harrell once he got out of Houston and got some PT.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now we have two SFs who are defensive minded. It has been two years since we had one. KBD, given the right minutes could blossom into a really good player. Look what happened to Harrell once he got out of Houston and got some PT.
    #truestory. Coaching matters......

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Very nice signing. I'm kind of surprised he signed a two way and not just a min deal. Did no one else really not offer him a spot? Kid looked like he had decent upside, hope the Spurs can tap into that. At the very least it's nice to have a young lanky defender with a huge wingspan on the roster for the first time in a couple seasons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is he almost out of the league?
    Very nice signing. I'm kind of surprised he signed a two way and not just a min deal. Did no one else really not offer him a spot? Kid looked like he had decent upside, hope the Spurs can tap into that. At the very least it's nice to have a young lanky defender with a huge wingspan on the roster for the first time in a couple seasons
    It's a good signing. I'd file him under intriguing. Almost out of the league and was a late second round pic. Statisticaly it's unlikely he'll amount to much.
    That said, This is something the Spurs have always done with some success. Look at players cast away and see if there a way to develop them.
    Maybe he had better potential deals and went with the Spurs because as pointed out by Timvp he saw how they've developed people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A full year min deal for a 3rd year player would put them in the tax. At some point in the season, the prorated salary will fit under the tax, if they choose to convert him from two way to NBA minimum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno if someone else has said it, but the Spurs will have ROFR on him if he makes it through the contract. They wouldn't have the Bird Rights to sign him, but they'll have cap space anyway. So it's a great deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been watching more of him. This guy loves to euro step, and it's quite effective. What a sleeper signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why was he without a team then?

Seems too good of a signing to be true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why was he without a team then?

Seems too good of a signing to be true.
    People thinking he's gonna start of or something shoud adjust their expectations. But he was released when Denver made their trades and was picked up like a day later. He wasn't sitting around looking for a team for too long. I also think he believes he has a shot at a role in SA, which is why he was willing to sign a two-way deal. Plus, if he's up most of the season, he'll basically get paid a min salary anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SPURS SIGN KEITA BATES-DIOP TO TWO-WAY CONTRACT

SAN ANTONIO (Nov. 29, 2020) – The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have signed forward Keita Bates-Diop (KAY-tuh Bates DEE-ahp) to a two-way contract. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not announced.

Bates-Diop will wear No. 31 for the Silver and Black.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With him, Reynolds, Jones, Q and Samanic the Austin Spurs would be pretty solid.

Thread Information