Post Count
    get on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    attorneys fees on this will sting a bit. the briefs were massive... a good about of attorney time on that. but its not going to be some gargantuan number, this case wasnt really litigated heavily. it was dismissed promptly before any sort of discovery

but those motions to dismiss, and the motions for sanctions + supplemental briefings were all voluminous
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-25-2021 at 05:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i've already skimmed through the whole ruling. its pretty brutal. very meticulous. man, i rarely see LA County judges put anywhere near this kind of efforts in rulings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    get on

Down goes Kraken! Down goes Kraken!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disbar these ing traitors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    attorneys fees on this will sting a bit. the briefs were massive... a good about of attorney time on that. but its not going to be some gargantuan number, this case wasnt really litigated heavily. it was dismissed promptly before any sort of discovery

but those motions to dismiss, and the motions for sanctions + supplemental briefings were all voluminous
    Will this be nationwide disbar or can es Lin Wood and Kracken Powell just slither off to other states?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will this be nationwide disbar or can es Lin Wood and Kracken Powell just slither off to other states?
    doubt they're barred in that many states. your ability to practice in federal court is predicated on being part of a state bar, too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    brutal...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    brutal...

Reminds me of the "I don't know" reenactment of Richard Sackler's (part owner of Purdue - opioid crisis) deposition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A US judge has issued a blistering ruling against prominent lawyers who represented Donald Trump after his 2020 presidential election defeat.

US District Judge Linda Parker described a lawsuit filed in Michigan by Mr Trump's counsel as a "profound abuse of the judicial process".

Her 110-page ruling, issued Wednesday, sanctioned Sidney Powell, Lin Wood and seven others who alleged voter fraud.

Judge Parker said the lawyers intended to undermine the electoral system.

"This case was never about fraud - it was about undermining the people's faith in our democracy and debasing the judicial process to do so," she said in her ruling.

Judge Parker ordered the lawyers to pay the court costs of their opponents - the city of Detroit and the state of Michigan - and undergo 12 hours of legal education.

She also referred them to the Michigan Attorney Grievance Commission and local disciplinary committees where they are licenced.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58344982

Wow.

Legal beagles are saying that disbarment is likely.

More ammo for Dominion's lawsuits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My understanding:

Usually you are fully licensed/allowed in one state, and the process to get allowed to operate in other states is usually a gimmie, predicated on your original licensure.

You can take the bar exam in as many states as you want, but few do more than one, if not a small handful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My understanding:

Usually you are fully licensed/allowed in one state, and the process to get allowed to operate in other states is usually a gimmie, predicated on your original licensure.

You can take the bar exam in as many states as you want, but few do more than one, if not a small handful.
    some states have reciprocity with others. i think DC grants reciprocity for anybody who has been practicing for 5+ years (could be wrong on that). you still have to fill out applications and pay fees and whatnot

CA is notably bad with reciprocity (i had to take the Virginia bar)... though i was able to waive out of the multiple choice section of the bar (the multiple choice, or MBE, is the same in every state with the notable exception of Louisiana... they have their own thing)

an attorney can be temporarily allowed to practice in a state they are not licensed in, if a licensed attorney in that state will basically vouch for them, and you can show why this attorney should be practicing here (representing a regular corporate client in a different state, etc). this is called pro hac vice

federal courts are different. some districts allow any attorney to apply and be granted admission to any attorney licensed to practice in any state or territory. some require you to be licensed in the state where the district sits. and then some districts have reciprocity with one another. but even in a federal district i believe you can get in on a temporary basis with a similar procedure as with state courts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is insanity a defense against ABA sanctions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Super Lawyer Lin Wood"

- Mark Levin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My understanding:

Speculating, what do you two see as a working example as to these two frauds working in the future?
    Example will Abbott intervene and clear them in Texas?

some states have reciprocity with others. i think DC grants reciprocity for anybody who has been practicing for 5+ years (could be wrong on that). you still have to fill out applications and pay fees and whatnot

CA is notably bad with reciprocity (i had to take the Virginia bar)... though i was able to waive out of the multiple choice section of the bar (the multiple choice, or MBE, is the same in every state with the notable exception of Louisiana... they have their own thing)

an attorney can be temporarily allowed to practice in a state they are not licensed in, if a licensed attorney in that state will basically vouch for them, and you can show why this attorney should be practicing here (representing a regular corporate client in a different state, etc). this is called pro hac vice

federal courts are different. some districts allow any attorney to apply and be granted admission to any attorney licensed to practice in any state or territory. some require you to be licensed in the state where the district sits. and then some districts have reciprocity with one another. but even in a federal district i believe you can get in on a temporary basis with a similar procedure as with state courts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speculating, what do you two see as a working example as to these two frauds working in the future?
    Example will Abbott intervene and clear them in Texas?
    Governor cannot control the state bar.

These people will work at being famous for being famous. Speaking gigs and books. Consulting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is going to leave a mark.

Michigan officials are demanding more than $200,000 in legal fees from pro-Trump lawyers led by Sidney Powell who unsuccessfully tried to overturn the 2020 election result with a lawsuit dismissed as full of conspiracies, it emerged on Thursday.

Last month, U.S. District Judge Linda Parker ruled that state and local election officials could claim reimbursement of their legal fees.

The judge will now review the $200,000 in requests submitted to the court on Wednesday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...?ocid=msedgntp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is going to leave a mark.

Michigan officials are demanding more than $200,000 in legal fees from pro-Trump lawyers led by Sidney Powell who unsuccessfully tried to overturn the 2020 election result with a lawsuit dismissed as full of conspiracies, it emerged on Thursday.

Last month, U.S. District Judge Linda Parker ruled that state and local election officials could claim reimbursement of their legal fees.

The judge will now review the $200,000 in requests submitted to the court on Wednesday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...?ocid=msedgntp
    sounds about right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from what i'm reading, City of Detroit is seeking about 180k, and Michigan governor and secretary of state jointly are seeking just over 20k

Thread Information