My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    •Staged a coup of John Stockton while he was on the Jazz, causing Stockton to retire.

•Cheated on his wife with a stripper, then getting blackmailed by the pros ute + some other guy, while at the same time being a born-again pastor

•Bristled at Mike Malone being the assistant coach under him (ownership wanted him to be the Associate Head Coach, like Gentry was with Kerr, but when Jackson found out he said NO WAY

•Didn't let assistant coaches do interviews with press because he thought they were gunning for his job

•Pushed Malone out because Jackson thought Malone was gunning for his job

•Ran ISO-ball all the time

•Instilled a "us vs them" where the "them" was the entire front office. He would tell the players that the front office didn't want them to win so that Mark Jackson would look bad. C'mon that's lunacy

•Barred Jerry West and Jim Barnett (the beloved TV color guy) along with everyone else from practices so they couldn't hear the crazy s*** he said to the team

•Told the team Ezeli was rooting for them to lose so that Ezeli would look better (he was injured). This culminated in Ezeli in tears saying that there was no way he would do this, when confronted by the team

•Told the team that Harrison Barnes was possessed by a demon, which is why he regressed

•Darren Erman, the assistant responsible for the defense after Mike Malone left, was recording Mark Jackson surrep iously to try and capture the crazy s*** like the Harrison Barnes demon thing and the Ezeli thing, but was caught and fired

•Noted phobe, including the "I'll pray for him" when discussing Jason Collins coming out. This doesn't fly in the bay area when a lot of the team staff is gay and so is the front office, including the COO/President Rick Welts

•Didn't want to hire actual good assistants, instead, he hired yes-men like Pete Myers and Lindsay Hunter, who backstabbed Alvin Gentry in Phoenix to get the head job

•All the coaching staff were allying themselves with star players instead of the players who actually needed their help/development, so a lot players like Barnes didn't get the development time and help they needed

•He put players against each other, telling a star player "hey that bench thinks he's better than you" and then telling the bench guy "hey that star guy thinks you're s***, go take his job"

•Didn't get along with anyone in the front office, including Jerry West, Bob Myers, and actually the rest of the employees (marketing, PR, etc).

•No preparation. He said in the Clippers series that he didn't need to prepare extra hours, when Doc Rivers was up all night devising schemes.

•Demoted Scalabrine to the D-League for arguing with him about work ethic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot to include all of his terrible catchphrases.

I lost track of how many times he said "Now we got ourselves a game" during the playoffs.

Yes, Mark...we are indeed watching a game of basketball being played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I lost track of how many times he said "Now we got ourselves a game" during the playoffs.

The worst is when he is contradicting himself during the same game :

"I'll take a great offense over a great defense any day"

Then 15 minutes later :

"Defense wins championships"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    •Staged a coup of John Stockton while he was on the Jazz, causing Stockton to retire.

•Cheated on his wife with a stripper, then getting blackmailed by the pros ute + some other guy, while at the same time being a born-again pastor

•Bristled at Mike Malone being the assistant coach under him (ownership wanted him to be the Associate Head Coach, like Gentry was with Kerr, but when Jackson found out he said NO WAY

•Didn't let assistant coaches do interviews with press because he thought they were gunning for his job

•Pushed Malone out because Jackson thought Malone was gunning for his job

•Ran ISO-ball all the time

•Instilled a "us vs them" where the "them" was the entire front office. He would tell the players that the front office didn't want them to win so that Mark Jackson would look bad. C'mon that's lunacy

•Barred Jerry West and Jim Barnett (the beloved TV color guy) along with everyone else from practices so they couldn't hear the crazy s*** he said to the team

•Told the team Ezeli was rooting for them to lose so that Ezeli would look better (he was injured). This culminated in Ezeli in tears saying that there was no way he would do this, when confronted by the team

•Told the team that Harrison Barnes was possessed by a demon, which is why he regressed

•Darren Erman, the assistant responsible for the defense after Mike Malone left, was recording Mark Jackson surrep iously to try and capture the crazy s*** like the Harrison Barnes demon thing and the Ezeli thing, but was caught and fired

•Noted phobe, including the "I'll pray for him" when discussing Jason Collins coming out. This doesn't fly in the bay area when a lot of the team staff is gay and so is the front office, including the COO/President Rick Welts

•Didn't want to hire actual good assistants, instead, he hired yes-men like Pete Myers and Lindsay Hunter, who backstabbed Alvin Gentry in Phoenix to get the head job

•All the coaching staff were allying themselves with star players instead of the players who actually needed their help/development, so a lot players like Barnes didn't get the development time and help they needed

•He put players against each other, telling a star player "hey that bench thinks he's better than you" and then telling the bench guy "hey that star guy thinks you're s***, go take his job"

•Didn't get along with anyone in the front office, including Jerry West, Bob Myers, and actually the rest of the employees (marketing, PR, etc).

•No preparation. He said in the Clippers series that he didn't need to prepare extra hours, when Doc Rivers was up all night devising schemes.

•Demoted Scalabrine to the D-League for arguing with him about work ethic.
    Inserting himself right away with the caterpillar comment, like a true pos

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Knicks FO material

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly, I think there's a propaganda campaign against MJ b/c of his Christian beliefs.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The world is a better place when this guy is coaching somewhere. He wouldn't be in the booth dropping his ty takes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The world is a better place when this guy is coaching somewhere. He wouldn't be in the booth dropping his ty takes
    I like Breen and JVG, if only they could replace Jackson with Hubie we would have a pretty good trio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

HAND DOWN MAN DOWN!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Breen and JVG, if only they could replace Jackson with Hubie we would have a pretty good trio
    Hubie "I like this subs ution, it changes the look on offense and give the players a rest without demoralizing them"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HAND DOWN MAN DOWN!!!!!!!
    Momma, there goes that man (as Steve Kerr walks by)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hubie "I like this subs ution, it changes the look on offense and give the players a rest without demoralizing them"

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK, Hubie sounded senile 15 years ago. Would still be an enormous upgrade over Bible though. Only Heinsohn and Calvin Murphy were ever worse in the color commentary role.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was rooting hard for the Clippers to hire that got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK, Hubie sounded senile 15 years ago. Would still be an enormous upgrade over Bible though. Only Heinsohn and Calvin Murphy were ever worse in the color commentary role.
    oh yeah he’s definitely gone senile
    but as tou said, still better than Biblethumper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I enjoy Bill Burr going off on Mark Jackson one time on his podcast during the 2014 NBA Finals

Honestly the only great thing about the Warriors going on their le runs was Mark Jackson having to watch it from his seat every finals year.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I enjoy Bill Burr going off on Mark Jackson one time on his podcast during the 2014 NBA Finals

Honestly the only great thing about the Warriors going on their le runs was Mark Jackson having to watch it from his seat every finals year.
    Got a link to that podcast? I will fire up some popcorn in the microwave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it’s also on youtube IIRC
    look up mark jackson and bill burr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here you go

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheers.

Thread Information