Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Need

With Respect the true greatest is Kareem Abdul Jabbar with same number MVPs and les as Jordan and was even more unstoppable as a force through HS to pro.
    Can't go wrong with either one

Kareem had a passive at ude though and it cost him. He should have drowned in Championships playing in 70s NBA. But was possibly victim of the same counter-culture that hurt the rest of the League and society.

Kareem's physical skills + Jordan's mentality is ideal combo

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Big ego, didn't allow anybody to challenge his belief that he was the best thing to ever step on the court. That ego sometimes went outside of just playing ball and he forgets he isn't physically intimidating so you got him backing away from fights

Great player, person tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me Jordan or Kareem or Duncan over peripatetic LaRoid any day starting team.
    all fair points but that last line is the definite truth!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i remember kareem however i was too young to fully appreciate the player he was. it must be a generational thing at the end of the day then because most kids today would say lebron is the goat while i still maintain that jordan is.
    yep

A few years ago, Dr J was asked what his all time starting 5 was
    He didn’t mention Bird, Magic, LeBron, Demar DeJordan , etc

His 5 has players he watched growing up, so it’s a generational/sentimental thing

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    yep

A few years ago, Dr J was asked what his all time starting 5 was
    He didn’t mention Bird, Magic, LeBron, Demar DeJordan , etc

His 5 has players he watched growing up, so it’s a generational/sentimental thing
    Dr.J is an extreme. He is bitter for being the odd man out overshadowed in the Golden Age of NBA. His list was political and clearly made its point with you.

No one today had to watch Babe Ruth to have him on their list, nor Muhammad Ali. Gretzky carries the same respect with today's NHL youth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dr.J is an extreme. He is bitter for being the odd man out overshadowed in the Golden Age of NBA. His list was political and clearly made its point with you.

No one today had to watch Babe Ruth to have him on their list, nor Muhammad Ali. Gretzky carries the same respect with today's NHL youth
    He's not

He clearly appreciates today's NBA players, but he won't change his favorite 5, nothing wrong with that

Oscar Robertson and Jordan on the other hand.....

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Also a cheap tipper till this day and doesn't give money to busking beggars and charities. He is a Five tool complete .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao at FrostKing, do better

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dikemebe Mutombo and David Robinson have donated 10s and 10s of millions of dollars more than Michael Jordan and they're only worth a fraction of what Jordan is.

Great men truly do go unnoticed in this world and the biggest sacks of attract the most flies. Indictment on society as much as anything else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Babe Ruth would be lucky to hit .200 in today’s mlb tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Babe Ruth would be lucky to hit .200 in today’s mlb tbh
    Obviously you have never done your research as it has been rumored he was of part African ancestry and he would have thrived in any era and could have pitched as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bla...uth-black/amp/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of highly successful people are borderline psychopathic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously you have never done your research as it has been rumored he was of part African ancestry and he would have thrived in any era and could have pitched as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bla...uth-black/amp/
    I disagree. He didn’t have the power or athleticism, or the quick reflexes. Today’s fastballs would blow him away. He would strikeout every at bat. Babe Ruth hit fastballs that were slower than today’s high schoolers throw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. He didn’t have the power or athleticism, or the quick reflexes. Today’s fastballs would blow him away. He would strikeout every at bat. Babe Ruth hit fastballs that were slower than today’s high schoolers throw.
    You do not know baseball - fastballers have not made great strides. Walter Johnson for one topped 100 decades ago.. Not sure where you getting this misinformation but Ruth would dominate in any era to think not is a joke.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yes. MJ was easily the Most Easily Triggered Superstar Ever. He woudn't be able to handle tough social media era. Would be destroyed by superteams and become cancer like Kobe past 2011. /thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do not know baseball - fastballers have not made great strides. Walter Johnson for one topped 100 decades ago.. Not sure where you getting this misinformation but Ruth would dominate in any era to think not is a joke.
    Ruth wouldn't make a team today. Let's be honest.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Brotha you wearing Jordans as you typed this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ruth wouldn't make a team today. Let's be honest.

What are you guys on? Ruth was not only a great slugger but a also a great pitcher. He would have made a team in a least that regard. Obviously he would be required to work out a little more and work out some but the guy was an ox and quite an athlete despite appearances.

https://bellyupsports.com/2019/04/ba...modern-player/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well baseball is not a sport so Ruth would have made it today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you guys on? Ruth was not only a great slugger but a also a great pitcher. He would have made a team in a least that regard. Obviously he would be required to work out a little more and work out some but the guy was an ox and quite an athlete despite appearances.

https://bellyupsports.com/2019/04/ba...modern-player/
    There are a lot of pitchers who can throw a hundred mile an hour fastball. Ruth cannot do that. He also didn't deal with some of the wild these guys throw these days. I don't think he would have made it. Couple that with his lifestyle and I'm sure he's out. He's probably a Bob Horner level player these days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Babe Ruth would get drafted in the 30th round, spend a couple years in A ball, and quit. He has no skill in modern context. Plus he’s fat.

Thread Information