Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Maradona was a true nigas.

When asked about the England game and the Falklands war he said something like:

"Our government was lying to us. They told us we were winnjng that war when in reality England was beating us 6-0"

He did take that game personal
    damn son

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Holy , Kobe feels like more than a year ago with everything that has happened since. Wtf
    Damn that’s true

All we need is MJ and Ronaldo to die and we have the top 4 goats anihilated by 2020
    WHAT THE

Veteran
    Post Count
    The best to ever play, never afraid, always willing to sacrifice

Gracias Diego

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    This photo is from the 1979 Youth World Cup, Argentina vs Algeria in the knockout stage

Argentina destroyed us 5-0 , and we did beat a good Spanish side in the group stage

After the match, Algerian players said that they y couldn't see the ball because Diego was such a magician lmao

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    RIP GOAT

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Veteran
    Post Count
    Maradona was THAT vs England in 1986
    He really took that personally because of the Falklands war

the way he stared down English players during God Save the Queen, he wanted to murder them

The handball goal : Im 200% convinced that if it was any other country than England , he wouldn’t have done that.
    He wanted to beat them at all cost, fairness

Then he followed it up with the greatest goal of all time
    The war was obviously a very big deal.

But argentina, south americans in general were furious after 1966 where we all got robbed and england cheated to their only victory, to this day I read english players calling Maradona a cheat, none of them say about their shady ass 66 world cup that prompted the invention of yellow cards because of the dirtiness of portugal and england. (Not to mention ing over the entire african federation, rescheduling games mid tournament to favor england, and beating germany with a goal that never went in)

Nobody has any sympathy for england, and to quote Maradona himself, "he who steals from a thief, has a hundred years of forgiveness"

In one of his last interviews he said he dreamt of doing it to them again, using his right hand

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    DieGOAT

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    One of the few athletes I can say I was fortunate to see him play in my lifetime, tbh...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    The war was obviously a very big deal.

But argentina, south americans in general were furious after 1966 where we all got robbed and england cheated to their only victory, to this day I read english players calling Maradona a cheat, none of them say about their shady ass 66 world cup that prompted the invention of yellow cards because of the dirtiness of portugal and england. (Not to mention ing over the entire african federation, rescheduling games mid tournament to favor england, and beating germany with a goal that never went in)

Nobody has any sympathy for england, and to quote Maradona himself, "he who steals from a thief, has a hundred years of forgiveness"

In one of his last interviews he said he dreamt of doing it to them again, using his right hand
    I remember that thief quote

That's how it becomes personal, Michael Jordan, take note

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    One of the few athletes I can say I was fortunate to see him play in my lifetime, tbh...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    I kept 3 copies of L'equipe sport newspaper at home: WCs 98 and 18 and a special edition dedicated to Diego.

Would have loved to see him play for Marseille.. shame this transfert never happened

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Would have loved to see him play for Marseille.. shame this transfert never happened
    Maradona and OM, a match made in heaven

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Maradona and OM, a match made in heaven
    Yes if there are two teams made for him it's Napoli and Marseille tbh.. two gangsters ports with crazy fans in love for football

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    If Lionel Harden doesn't carry Argentina to a Copa America win on home soil and with the added boost of the "Do it for Diego" campaign, he's more of a fraud than i actually thought tbh.
    Nah, some of the games will be in Columbia and Brazil are comfortably the better team. Would be nice to win it for Diego though.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    you Nono, I'm running out of clean pants

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    I was in Napoli for the liverpool Napoli CL match and everywhere you went they still had maradona stuff everywhere. Like he was born Italian and a national hero. Amazing

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    I was in Napoli for the liverpool Napoli CL match and everywhere you went they still had maradona stuff everywhere. Like he was born Italian and a national hero. Amazing
    that was so crazy that a part of Napoli was rooting for Diego vs. Italy during the 1990 WC...

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    RIP to the goat tbh

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    that was so crazy that a part of Napoli was rooting for Diego vs. Italy during the 1990 WC...
    Big time. Did you see that HBO Maradona do entary? glossed over some things but it was a solid watch, tbh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmm7r4ynyIQ

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    In every game , you see those huge ass Maradona flags, he is a deity there

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    1990 WC was amazing in term of story lines:

- Knockout game between Netherlands and Germany in San Siro - Milan's big 3 vs Inter's big 3
    - Argentina vs Italy in Napoli

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    This could have been Kiwi in Toronto

Thread Information