Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pippen vs other teams second options:

1991 Finals: Pippen 20.8 pts and 6.6 ast 0.453 fg% James Worthy 19.3 pts and 2.0 ast 0.479 fg%. I'm not even talking about defense
    1992 Finals: Pippen 20.8 pts and 7.7 ast 0.484 fg% Terry Porter 16.2 pts and 4.7 ast 0.471 fg% I'm not even talking about defense
    1993 Finals: Pippen 21.2 pts and 7.7 ast 0.439 fg% Kevin Johnson 17.2 pts and 6.5 ast 0.421 fg% I'm not even talking about defense
    1996 Finals: Pippen 15.7 pts and 5.3 ast 0.343 fg% Gary Payton 18.0 pts and 7.0 ast 0.444 fg%
    1997 Finals: Pippen 20.0 pts and 3.5 ast 0.421 fg% John Stockton 15.0 pts and 8.0 ast 0.500 fg% I'm not even talking about defense
    1998 Finals: Pippen 15.7 pts and 4.8 ast 0.410 fg% John Stockton 9.7 pts and 8.7 ast 0.490 fg% I'm not even talking about defense

1996 Payton outplayed Pippen, I'll be generous and say that 1997 was a tie between Scottie and Stockton. Pippen has won other matchups with other teams 2nd options hands down. 4-1-1 in favour of Pippen. Not only that but he also had all-d level 3rd options in Grant and Rodman, great coach, great bench and even great assistant coach (Tex Winter). His teams were stacked period.
    Stock/Malone were like Kobe/Shaq in 97-98 playoffs. Malone was MVP. Jordan was on his last legs and Hornacek should have been the difference maker, but wasn't. No was going to stop Jordan from hitting a couple good shots in the last few minutes had it been close, which of course it was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stock/Malone were like Kobe/Shaq in 97-98.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am probably older than you and agree to disagree
    ok

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Stock/Malone were like Kobe/Shaq in 97-98 playoffs. Malone was MVP. Jordan was on his last legs and Hornacek should have been the difference maker, but wasn't. No was going to stop Jordan from hitting a couple good shots in the last few minutes had it been close, which of course it was.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Young Kobe could only dream of that kind of dominance
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...basic_playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. Stockton was great and a hard nosed player but limited athletically and Malone had a tendency to choke - to his credit he overcame his FT weakness but as soon as he came in league Duncan abused Malone day in and day out.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Scottie was not only all-star. He was on all-nba 1st team and all-nba-defensive 1st team. Kukoc 6th man of the year. Grant and Rodman were on all-d team too.

And BJ Armstrong and Horace were all-stars after you left Bulls for baseball. You made them worse.
    Some information for your Knowledge. Kukoc was god awful in the playoffs the first ring of the second three peat. He shot 39% from the floor in the playoffs and 19% from 3. 19 goddamn percent.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Rodman couldn’t do offensively. Scottie was also awful himself offensively that whole second three peat run

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    BJ ing Armstrong? That mother er scored over 10 PPG one time after leaving Chicago. outta here

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    lol 90s lovers cant accept the fact that their era had the worst compe ion of the last 40 years

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    BJ ing Armstrong? That mother er scored over 10 PPG one time after leaving Chicago. outta here
    yet he made an all star team without your help

90s compe ion

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Wow. Getting 8 points in a finals game. Guess Scottie and LeBron are more alike than people think.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

90s compe ion
    So you credit him for making an all star team yet, downplay the compe ion. Bronsexuals can’t pick a lane.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Baldan stans in shambles. Second best scorer of the Jazz in the Finals Jeff Hornacek scored 11 ppg on 41% shooting. 90's compe ion

You can't make that up. No wonder he has 6 rings.

Malone and Stockton were like Kobe Shaq though.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If Bron nuthuggers wanna talk about compe ion, then let’s talk about LeBron’s squad getting corn holed by a 7 foot robocop whole Bron spent the second half of a crucial elimination game 6 getting outplayed by Mo Williams and the guy who ed his mother.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Or, LeBron getting out scored by Chris Bosh in a finals series

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Baldan stans in shambles. Second best scorer of the Jazz in the Finals Jeff Hornacek scored 11 ppg on 41% shooting. 90's compe ion

Malone and Stockton were like Kobe Shaq though.
    Give me the top 10 Centers in today’s NBA. Power forwards? Small Forwards? Now how many are hall of famers...Rudy Gobert? You have one position in today’s NBA that is semi loaded with Hall of Famers.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Give me the top 10 Centers in today’s NBA. Power forwards? Small Forwards? Now how many are hall of famers...Rudy Gobert? You have one position in today’s NBA that is semi loaded with Hall of Famers.
    I'm not fan of today's nba tbh. 00's nba is my favourite era

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol 90s lovers cant accept the fact that their era had the worst compe ion of the last 40 years

90s compe ion
    truth nukes tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Stop hating
    Hornacek saved me some money doing my taxes for years

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Only chips Rockets have gotten were on Jordan's baseball days. Tough pill to swallow, eh john

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Stop hating
    Hornacek saved me some money doing my taxes for years
    And Dan Majerle had the best ice cream in our city. I was devastated when he was traded to Cleveland

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Dan Majerle had the best ice cream in our city. I was devastated when he was traded to Cleveland
    He was also a part time gym instructor to be fair
    At least he didn’t end bagging groceries like John Starks

Craig Ehlo was pretty good in Full House; those 90s shows were pretty good tbh
    Last edited by lefty; 11-27-2020 at 11:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stock/Malone were like Kobe/Shaq in 97-98 playoffs.
    I see how you can relate Kobe and Malone but not sure how Stockton and shaq would be compared.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    90s players that would dominate today with the soft rules and super teams

Grant Hill

Shawn Kemp

Dominique Wilkins

Mark Price

Bill Laimbeer

Dale Ellis

Doc Rivers

Rik Smits

Sabonis

NVE

Ewing

Olajuwon

Mullin

DRob

Elliott

Iverson

Juwan Howard

Michael Finley

Drexler

Sir Charles

Reggie Miller

Allan Houston

Spree

Damon Stoudamire

basically anyone who can shoot and is even marginally tough

I could go on

it looks bad bc the players were spread out and didnt concntrate on the big market teams. This is before huge cable TV contracts and such. Players got paid less and revenue sharing (I dont think) was not a thing, so each team had one or two good players and the rest scrubs. Also no BS 2020 player movement so no players getting Super Max then demanding trades. Just contract year try harding and try harding to get all star bids, etc. But the 90s had a ton of great players.
    Last edited by phxspurfan; 11-28-2020 at 12:24 AM.

Thread Information