Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is my count right: their 14 roster slots taken and 3 2-way deals (QW, Diop, Reynolds)?
    The roster stands at 15, Zeller has not been waived yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Zeller included we are still under the tax level? If so I see a good reason for our F. O. to stay still...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Zeller included we are still under the tax level? If so I see a good reason for our F. O. to stay still...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that means if we guarantee Zeller or sign Reynolds we are already over the tax? And we can afford none of them 2 but only a cut rookie for staying under the tax limit?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that means if we guarantee Zeller or sign Reynolds we are already over the tax? And we can afford none of them 2 but only a cut rookie for staying under the tax limit?
    Yes. Reynolds is probably going to Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t shock me if they’re waiting on training camp cuts to snag a cut second rounder. Paul Reed, perhaps?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. There's a reason why all of us looking at the cap have been leaving off Zeller. He only had a chance at staying if Poeltl left. I'm not even sure they would've kept him instead of Eubanks had Drew moved on.

Reynolds is already signed, though. The expectation is that they'd cut him. If they want to keep him, they just have to not do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t shock me if they’re waiting on training camp cuts to snag a cut second rounder. Paul Reed, perhaps?
    I could see it, but I doubt it. I think it's so close that SA might just wait until 10-day season so they're not restricted to signing rookies. Plus, they might want to remain slightly flexible in case they have a rash of injuries at one position. They have pretty well-distributed depth at all positions, but with something like COVID, it wouldn't be surprising for all of the big men, for example, to get it due to practicing with each other more closely. That positional targeting has been happening in the NFL this year. There're some differences there, but could still happen.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14 players seen most likely to me just because it’s good to have an extra roster spot for any potential trades (even if they might not have any plans for one).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14 players seen most likely to me just because it’s good to have an extra roster spot for any potential trades (even if they might not have any plans for one).
    Yeah I would also preferred for them to go 14 deep instead of 15. If they wanted a mid season trade of LMA or DDR they would probably need that extra spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2020/21 NBA Two-Way Contract Tracker | Hoops Rumors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Reynolds is probably going to Austin.
    Probably.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #41 pick Tre Jones signed a three-year deal with the San Antonio Spurs for part of the MLE:

20-21: $898,310
    21-22: $1,517,981
    22-23: $1,782,621

22-23 is non-guaranteed, becoming $500,000 guaranteed on 8/1/22 and then fully guaranteed the day before first game of 22-23 season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #41 pick Tre Jones signed a three-year deal with the San Antonio Spurs for part of the MLE:

20-21: $898,310
    21-22: $1,517,981
    22-23: $1,782,621

22-23 is non-guaranteed, becoming $500,000 guaranteed on 8/1/22 and then fully guaranteed the day before first game of 22-23 season.
    Interesting. So they did use part of the MLE for his deal. Very small part, but still. So we won't be able to use it next year? Is that correct?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. So they did use part of the MLE for his deal. Very small part, but still. So we won't be able to use it next year? Is that correct?
    Teams over the cap get the MLE or taxpayer MLE every year, so the Spurs would be able to use it, however, it currently seems more likely they'll use cap space next summer, as they project to have 50+ mil and in this case they'd have the room exception which is smaller than MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're thinking of the LLE/BAE. The latter acronym literally is Bi-Annual Exception. MLE is yearly except when as BGSF said, the team is under the cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're thinking of the LLE/BAE. The latter acronym literally is Bi-Annual Exception. MLE is yearly except when as BGSF said, the team is under the cap.
    Cool

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a huge "awards" fan, but as mentioned above Tre Jones was the ACC POY and the ACC DPOY.
    Remember that Florida State plays in the ACC.
    The only Florida State player that made the ACC All-Defensive Team was Trent Forrest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was also the starting PG for the kids FIBA Championship in Argentina and was the youngest player on team USA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he is a dad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he is a dad

The dude was born in the year 2000 and he’s become a dad. Man I’m getting old

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Long interview with this guy... Says he models his game after Rajon Rondo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Do you model your game after your brother's?"

"No. Rajon Rondo."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count