Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Others pointed out the main reasons but Load Management really choked this series much like he did the year before when Matt Barnes made him his .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Others pointed out the main reasons but Load Management really choked this series much like he did the year before when Matt Barnes made him his .
    Agreed. He was terrible for half of the series.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reality is that every ring team depended on Tim, even 2014, no matter what his age. He’d always answer the bell when others were playing sub par, like Kawhi in games 1-2 in 2014.
    Or Kawhi in 2015.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we just stop with this Boban nonsense? This is almost as bad as the freaking Scola BS. Pop played Boban in game 6 and that chump picked up like 4 fouls like in 2 minutes. Just stop already. Boban was the human victory cigar nothing more. Kawhi the supposed great defender couldn’t slow Durant OR Westbrook.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new rules were already in effect, and Westbrook would have played him off the floor in two or three minutes by switching.
    Versus jump over the turd towers for layups, which is what he did in the series anyway ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Versus jump over the turd towers for layups, which is what he did in the series anyway ?
    Kobayashi Maru.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who watched the games clearly saw it was the rebounding... We would have westbrook and KD in check, only to have the midget towers give up a momentum starting offensive rebound and score to okc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Choke?he wasn't a star at that point...LMA was still the guy insisting on being top dog,and he fell off a cliff after the first couple games both defensively and offensively...okc made him look tiny on the boards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Choke?he wasn't a star at that point...LMA was still the guy insisting on being top dog,and he fell off a cliff after the first couple games both defensively and offensively...okc made him look tiny on the boards
    That was TWO YEARS after he won his Finals MVP. He was FIRST TEAM ALL NBA that year. He choked.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think West ed us but overall that was not as important as Duncan's knee and Kawhi showing us how soft he is. Kawhi's performance Clippers 2015 and Thunder 2016 were total total choke jobs.

LMA cooling off I understood, they crowded him out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC bigs murdered us tbh... diaw/west were getting annihilated. and as for Duncan, the wheels fell off. wasn't a great way to see him go out

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC would have had to win a different way with Boban on the floor. All they did that series was shoot trash shots and get offensive rebounds cause somehow Pop thought a frontcourt of west and diaw could compete athletic with okc bigs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC would have had to win a different way with Boban on the floor. All they did that series was shoot trash shots and get offensive rebounds cause somehow Pop thought a frontcourt of west and diaw could compete athletic with okc bigs...
    You play Boban, he fouls out in ten minutes, while being dragged out on the perimeter, and turned into a defensive turnstile, THEN they abuse the turd towers. Same outcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The refs were ing terrible, here are a few articles to refresh the memory. The Spurs should have won that series tbh. I will never forget how pissed i was at the refs that year.

Game 2 - https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-foul-refs-say

Game 5 - https://www.espn.com/nba/playoffs/20...thunder-game-5

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Spurs had one of their better teams talent wise on paper but the OKC series Spurs just got beat good by OKC who wanted blood for the 2014 loss. Of course if Spurs had beaten OKC next opponent would have been the Warriors who won 73 games, and Cavs in the Finals. Duncan's knee was hurting. Spurs needed Pau Gasol in 2016 not the next few seasons, it would have allowed Tim to rest. On paper though that team should have won a championship. LMA, Duncan, Manu, Parker, Kawhi, that's a big 5 but some players were past their prime and Kawhi played terribly vs OKC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was definitely bad. A ridiculous call at the end of Game two that swung the game. I left that game feeling sick.
    Dion Waiters sideline shove that wasn't called and the Spurs subsequent total botching of the steal and 3 on 1 fastbreak to win the game.

Leonard had no impact considering he was the franchise guy at this stage.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The refs were ing terrible, here are a few articles to refresh the memory. The Spurs should have won that series tbh. I will never forget how pissed i was at the refs that year.

Even with Tim's bad knees and our lackluster collective rebounding the Spurs were never out of those games...

The shove at the end of Game 2 (non-call on Waiters) and the bizarre foul calls at the end of Game 5 sealed the series in favor of the Thunder (Adams trips Danny Green who falls into Durant and Green gets assessed for the foul, then later Kawhi wraps Westbrook to try and stop the clock but the zebras swallow their whistle and instead awarded WB an and-one). Those games were horrible but the league clearly wanted a Thunder-Warriors WCF and they got it.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Those games were horrible but the league clearly wanted a Thunder-Warriors WCF and they got it.
    I still can't believe that OKC team choked away a 3-1 lead over Warriors. Those dudes should have played every possession like it was their last in that elimination game. They may have been able to beat Cavs in Finals. That Warriors team though those crazy dagger 3's from the splash brothers, ouch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was outrebounded. But also the momentum after that no call on Ginobili. Had we won that game, it could’ve been a different story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah game 2 was bad and game five was worse.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    tony played spectacular down the stretch and especially against bigs at his age. there's no way he should've been traded for chris paul. no way cp3 would play better in 2020 than tony in 2016. because tony wasn't a system player, not at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you still sucking I see

Thread Information